Billy gets into trouble with a Joshua Trimmings who's a crooked Judge that runs the small town. Big Enos: Junior: In the meantime the female of the film calls on local truckers on a CB radio, and they all come rushing into town demolishing it. Generally a truck able to pull a semi-trailer, usually with the trailer and not bob-tail. One of his most famous lines was said when he was talking to The Bandit over CB radio. It's a down-home kind of movie. Bandit: Bandit: It wouldn't look nice on my highway. Smokey and the Bandit (1977) clip with quote - (SHERIFF) Breaker to the Bandit. Yeah. May be related to the three sisters. A conventional road tractor, with the engine in front of the cab. They don't even know Cledus Snow exists! There's no way, *no* way, that you came from *my* loins. Smokey and the Bandit (1977) 3.3s - Channel clear. [during the final chase, the motorcycle cop has landed in a ditch with water] Sheriff Buford T. Justice: Hold my hat for me!, Junior Justice: My hat blew off, Daddy., Sheriff Buford T. Justice: I hope your goddamn head was in it!, 21. Cledus Snow: Somebody chasin you?, Sheriff Buford T. Justice: Nobodys chasin me, boy!, 8. A large piece of tire on the road. Obviously riding the on the popularity of Smokey And The Bandit, The Dukes Of Hazard and Convoy. Directed by career stuntman Hal Needham, Smokey and the Bandit is just a goofy chase starring a bunch of Reynolds's Hollywood cronies. A Trailer without a refrigeration unit or insulation. One of you damned kids get this dog out of here! (also called "Green Stamps"). You see, son, old legends never die. Bandit: - Come on back, breaker. The villains corn it up, as George Murdock goes over-the-top as the crazy judge. Informing other CB users that you would like to start a transmission on a channel. SHUT UP! I don't think my dog bit you, mister. Bandit: This is the bear in the air, officer Lyle Wallace calling Rubber Jerk in that rattlin' piece of black crap at your side door. Little Enos: Just keep your eye out for that Mr. Bandit bastard! Winning nearly every competition from East to the West coast, his fame proceeded him into films. You must be in a hell of a hurry, huh, Sheriff? Breaker! A. Dude. Other CB users will refer to the user by this nickname. Smokey and the Bandit. I don't like it any more than you do, but we ain't gonna make it, son. I take my hat off for one thing, and one thing only. I'd like to kick his ass just once. Buy newspaper front pages, posters and more. In "Smokey and the Bandit" it was used as a potty-humor play off "10-100." Someone who will not shut up. Indicates that another CB user can be heard clearly (see "Wall to wall and treetop tall" below). You break 1-9 to speak on 19, the popular trucker's channel. Unbeknownst to him at the time, Carrie was supposed to marry Junior, Sheriff Buford T. Justices son. In the movie, we see The Bandit and The Snowman, two truck drivers, attempt to smuggle 400 cases of Coors to Atlanta from Texarkana, Texas. Sheriff do the letters F.O. Police needed at ________. Dan Roth. Smokey and the Bandit (1977) 2.7s Breaker, breaker, lookin' for the Bandit. If J.W. Frog, feed Fred. I got to go to Conyers in the morning and pick up a load of manure. This driver gives warning to the others in the group to slow down when speeding. And who wants to know? A house or home ("I'm heading back to my stack of bricks"). We're clear. A rest area. Grab Midland Radio's emergency, two-way, and weather radios to ensure a safe, fun, and connected spring. Go for it. Goddamn it, son, we gave it our best shot. Her ass was wigglin', too! [walks up the steps to Cledus' house, where his wife, whose hair is in huge curlers, is standing in the doorway] This is Mr B., and I'm gearjammin' this rollin' refinery, you got another smokey on the rubber? You know who that is? Buford T. Justice: 00 DAYS 00 HOURS 56 MINUTES 28 SECONDS Fun Fact - Channel clear. Me an' Fred's got a question. Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Bandit: The diner scene withwas not in the original story, it was Jackie Gleason's idea. Throughout the film one can see Norris in action as he takes on the Sheriff and his henchmen and literally dusts' them. Give me a Diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a goddamn hurry. A favorite tool of Alligator Stations, Bucket Mouths and Linear Lungs. Also George Murdock plays the role of Judge Trimmings and terry O'Conner plays the role of Arlene. The Venture Bros. (2003) - S01E10 Animation, Rick and Morty (2013) - S06E02 Rick: A Mort Well Lived. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip. I could be kickin that Mr. Bandits ass around the moon by now., 30. I can see her now runnin' back up that aisle. Other people as a group who are referred to as being bothersome or annoying. A truck with a total of 18 tire/wheels. Similar to Bucket mouth/Linear lungs, but a base station rather than a mobile. Little Enos: Bandit: The Bandit: Sheriff, uh, Buford T. Justice, please., The Bandit: This is Bandit Darville talkin., Sheriff Buford T. Justice: Where are you, you sumbitch?, The Bandit: Before I tell you where I am, Sheriff, theres just one thing I wanna say. Buford T. Justice: Good guy, bad guys, confrontation, victory. I can drive any forkin' thing around. Breaker, breaker. No, Negative (often emphatic, like "Hell no") (also 10-77, or 10-double-7), Following one too close; tailgating. 15 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Smokey And The Bandit God, I really thought that was it., Carrie: One day, I came home and found him in the shower with a girland her mother!, The Bandit: Well, at least he kept it in the family., 24. Hot Pants: Probably sit around and watch the cars rust. While this is by no means the best Chuck Norris movie, you can certainly do much worse. Ultimate chaos! The Bandit: Snowman, you got your ears on?, Cledus Snow: You lucky devil, you got him! is a 6/10. A Bean Store Dolly and a Million MilerThey Had an 18 WheelerAnd a Grudge .The Battle Cry of the Great Truckers War! It's still my dad's favorite.". Oh, I love your suits. Hot Pants: Sheriff George Branford: The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation., Sheriff Buford T. Justice: The goddamn Germans got nothin to do with it., 10. Daddy, wait for me! Let's see just what he's got under the hood. Just tell'em to send the bill to Big Enos Burdette. Well, what are we going to do when we go home? is a CB/ redneck trucker karate movie that is a good vehicle for Chuck Norris to show his fighting skills in his 1st leading role. Breaker!" We come this far, ain't we? Well, who the heck knows? A traffic citation/ticket (especially a speeding ticket). Cledus Snow: Do we really wanna talk about legs? Did you see that? Could You Make the 'Smokey and the Bandit' Beer Run in 28 Hours or Less? Needham (pictured) was integral indesigning and introducing air bags and other innovative equipment to the film stuntindustry. Come on! Carrie: Breaker! Bandit: If you happen across it, give it a peek. It's hard to believe the famous film, Convoy, celebrating the Citizens' Band radio and trucking craze of the 1970s, is 40 years old this week. And now, *breaker-breaker*, we have a 10-20 on a Smokey and the Bandit TV series. Chuck systematically beats the freaking hello out of each and every one of them. Cledus Snow: An area of a truck stop, generally located in the back of the property, where. Vintage Pontiac Trans Ams and Firebirds in Kansas auction | The Kansas Im eastbound; just watch ol Bandit run! Singer, 7. You want something? I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a movie and it stays just as funny every time I watch it. [Bandit takes off, and leaves Sheriff Justice in the dust], shouting at a trucker that has sheared a door off his patrol car, after being given the handle of "Frog" by Bandit, watches as Little Enos begins counting out money, watches as Little Enos counts out more money, the Bandit drives off, but Buford follows on his wreck of a car, walks up the steps to Cledus' house, where his wife, whose hair is in huge curlers, is standing in the doorway, she stares at him with a stern look on her face, Bandit keeps walking toward the bedroom, where Cledus is sleeping, Carrie throws dress out of the car since she has changed into jeans and a shirt, shouting out of a restaurant to Junior waiting in the car, Bandit has just used a broken bridge to jump a river, Bandit and Frog walking through the wooded area, Buford's car runs in front of Cledus' truck, Sheriff Justice honks the horn, which malfunctions, and Junior reaches for the wheel, as Bandit passes his rig on the berm and takes out multiple mailboxes, the Bandit has a fleet of police cars and helicopters after him, after kicking one of the car thieves in the rear, having been thoroughly insulted by a junior officer over the state of his rundown squad car, Buford snaps, during the final chase, the motorcycle cop has landed in a ditch with water, to Frog after hearing Sheriff Justice on the radio, Bandit takes off, and leaves Sheriff Justice in the dust. Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin. Buford T. Justice: A law enforcement officer with a radar gun. Well, where are you, you bodied-up, smooth-talkin' thing? I got the evidence! Bandit: Ill get you, you sumbitch!, Junior Justice: Daddy, wait for me! Spring has officially arrived and before you head out on any outdoor adventures, Midland Radio has you covered. Breaker! Breaker! (1977) - User Reviews - IMDb Not long after he begins to beat off just about everyone in town. The story is a bit like a couple of other movies about small towns and dudes who come into these towns and kick butt because the small town is usually full of corruption. Bandit: One of Chuck's best--and his best early film by far. In the 1977 classic film, Smokey and the Bandit, a hired Bandit, Bo Darville (Burt Reynolds), drives a Pontiac Trans-Am alongside a truck loaded with beer and moonshine. [over CB about Carrie's dress] Please roger that transmission!, The Bandit: Hold on to Fred, son! DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO? He soon finds that the town is run buy the loser judge and that his brother is nowhere to be found. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. What's she wearing now? [over CB] Buford T. Justice: Sometimes one especially known for prostitution. A truck stop restaurant, especially one known for its less-than-quality food. Oh, they don't? Needhamcame up with the idea for the film after he learned that transporting Coors beer east of the Mississippi was a bootlegging crime. Buford T. Justice: Wait a minute. "Break" is a means for hams to break in with priority or emergency traffic. Buford T. Justice: Cledus Snow: When John returns home he goes to see his brother who's riding a dirt bike. It went by fairly quickly, but lets just say there were parts that were disappointing. This movie must have marked the peak and beginning of the decline of the CB fad. An attractive woman in a vehicle, especially one who is scantily-clad or wearing sexy clothing. Apparently I didn't miss much. [Hands Cledus notepad and pen] The Brady Bunch Movie 3s Breaker, one-nine, breaker, one-nine, The Venture Bros. (2003) - S01E10 Animation 1.7s Breaker, breaker, one-nine. So if you're in the rocking chair you may be less likelyto be the chosen target of a Kojak with a Kodak. Little Enos: Cledus Snow: Come on! 672K views 1 year ago #JackieGleason #SmokeyandtheBandit #BurtReynolds Get ready to tear up the highway with the Bandit (Burt Reynolds), a fun-loving, fast-talking trucker who takes on his. Period. / So you got to dodge him, you got to duck him, you got to keep that diesel truckin' / Just put that hammer down and give it hell! drives on the same route he imagines Billy must have taken and it's then that he encounters a level of corruption that he never thought was imaginable. You see, before there was LOL and FTW and ROFTL, there was "10-4" and "breaker 1-9" and "you got your ears on?". Here I think Chuck's brother is a truck driver who gets pulled over and ends up being taken prisoner in this town so Chuck has to come into town and rescue him. May be followed by either the channel number, indicating that anyone may acknowledge (e.g., "Breaker One-niner" refers to channel 19, the most widely used among truck drivers), or by a specific "handle", which is requesting a particular individual to respond. It's filled with bad dialogue, ridiculously underdeveloped characters, poor performances, and of course banjo music. And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. A linear amplifier used to illegally increase CB transmit power. Why do you want that beer so bad? Buford T. Justice: Simple, but fairly madcap with a comical air. Frowned on by most users. DON'T YOU EVER, *EVER* RAISE YOUR VOICE TO ME! In fact, this is a much better film than most of his later, more successful films like Invasion USA or Hellbound. Filter By: Buy 1 Get 1 70% Off! Any vehicle with only four wheels. Whew! Let it all hang out cause we got a run to make! Now, gettin' to Texarkana and back in 28 hours, that's no problem. Cledus Snow: Called the Rocking Chair because drivers in that position of the group can relax while speeding because the Front Door and Back Door drivers are watching for the police. We worried that first-time viewers of the film might be thrown by some of the language used. Buford T. Justice: The Sloppy Joe spices are replaced with taco spices and the recipe might include hot sauce, canned corn and diced tomato. Childrens Hospital (2008) - S04E02 Staff Dance, The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (1977) - S01E07 The Flickering Torch Mystery. Most often used for personal cars/vans/SUVs. Most of his lines in the movie were improvised by him, which proves why hes considered one of the greatest actors of his time. One of the most highly-respected law-enforcement agents in the United States of America! However, my true passion is in traveling, photography, and finding common ground to which everyone from different cultures can relate. In the 1970s, this was the stereotypical term for a friend or acquaintance on the CB airwaves. This type of activity is illegal and is reckless driving and you can result in an arrest. A radio user who brags about his fighting prowess but won't actually fight. Smokey and the Bandit East Bound and Down Jerry Reed HD Film Tributes 1.86M subscribers Subscribe 1.6M views 4 years ago Thanks for watching! [driving through wind] Put the evidence in the car. "), The road behind that one has just traveled. the web and also on Android and iOS. Breaker, Breaker to the Bandit written and performed by Jimmy Adcock 2021From the album Sizzle to Your Soul https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmaCRkn37zVJS. ("My bird-dog is barking."). Policeman: A law enforcement officer on a motorcycle. 'Cause Fred definately DON'T like grease! I just wanna say that., Sheriff Buford T. Justice: Well, thank you, Mr. Bandit. Breaker, breaker for the Bandit. Buford T. Justice: Breaker 1-9. A police vehicle with its blue strobe lights flashing (from the popular, Police checkpoint placed to look for intoxicated drivers, drivers with invalid licenses, etc (alludes to the. Buford T. Justice: One of the things people love about this movie is the excellent cast it has. D.' Dawes" (Chuck Norris) watches as Billy drives off with his first load. Branford's Deputy: Nobody's chasin' me, boy! It should be under comedy. This flick thrilled me, chilled me, and never bored me one iota. Sometimes used to distinguish a between a driver and one who isn't. Sorry. 8 Classic Trucker Lingo Radio Movies | Midland Radio Otherwise we Little Enos: [on the CB] [a little flustered] has Chuck Norris as a truck driver and a karate master, talk about juggling two disparate careers. Breaker! Hey, Bandit, Hey, Bandit, listen to this! Buford T. Justice: Buford T. Justice: Hee hee. Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin. What were dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law. Sheriff Buford T. Justice, The Bandit: Because youre always hoppin around. He snuck in my back door when I wasn't lookin'. Buford T. Justice: John brother Billy wants to drive a big rig and take a load of something somewhere. The lights on a chicken truck. Breaker! Cledus Snow: They went right through our roadblock. Buford T. Justice: Hot Pants: Cledus Snow: You cant drive a forklift., The Bandit: I can drive any forkin thing around., 18. **. Junior: The last one he screened before he died was one of his all time favourite films. I can't lie to you, Sheriff. Bandit: Starring: Burt Reynolds,Sally Field,Jackie Gleason. was Chuck Norris' first American-made movie in which he had a leading role. Chuck Norris became a American Icon when he reached the top of the Martial Arts world. Cledus Snow: [after being given the handle of "Frog" by Bandit] The original actors mostly redubbed their own lines for the TV version except for Jackie Gleason. He plays a trucker who must go rescue his younger brother (also a trucker) from this little hick town in the desert ran by a crooked Judge (George Murdock) and his two henchmen police officers. He denies the charges and makes a run for it. [shouting at a trucker that has sheared a door off his patrol car] A truck where the cab sits directly over the engine. That's cause *we* ain't never done it in no rig. Daddy! 13 Fast Facts About Smokey and the Bandit - Mental Floss It was also his first movie as a good guy. Kind of the same feeling one gets realizing that they're about to watch a trucking movie starring Chuck Norris, who said, "I didn't know anything when I made that movie. Watch your language, little lady. Hot Pants: The process of dropping off a trailer a then picking up a replacement trailer at a destination. Folks whod never merged onto the highway bought CB radios and learned the CB basics, like Breaker, Breaker and of course how to warn your CB-listening friends that the fuzz (Smokey) was nearby. LOL with there big rigs. I'll get you, you sumbitch! He is wanted for the Mann Act, kidnappin', and the attempted murder of over 20 brother officers. It came to be called a "Smokey Bear hat" after the US Forest Service began publishing postersof their mascot wearing one in 1944. She was. More than 100 Pontiac Trans-Ams rolled through Birmingham and Leeds Tuesday, June 20. Breaker! Because you're always hoppin around. Jimmy Adcock - Breaker, Breaker to the Bandit (Buford T. Justice Frequently refers to a powerful local base station transmitting to mobile CBers, often on channel 19. What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law. Bandit: "Hey, boy, where is Sheriff Bradford?" Hey, we really ought to pay somebody for that mess we made. I just wanna say that. Buford T. Justice: In every movie they made together, Field played Reynolds' girlfriend. Hey, boy, where's Sheriff Branford? [citation needed]. He ain't your damned uncle! And as the pursuer, may I say you're the . I've always been a fan of Chuck Norris for what he's accomplished and his movies. [to his son] Set with his . They just lose weight., Little Enos: I guess a legend and an out-of-work bum look a lot alike, Daddy., 29. Where in the woods? He managed to obtain studio attention after his friend, Reynolds -who was at the timethe number 1 box office star in the world -agreed to be in it. What in the hell is the world coming to? I saw that, you sumbitch! Much less common in North America since the overall length law changed in 1976. I want to jump something else! Singer: Damn, he had a lot of friends, didn't he? Bandit: Cledus Snow: Origin of "Breaker-Breaker" - N5DCH [to Frog after hearing Sheriff Justice on the radio] Carrie: Bandit: President Eisenhower had a steady supply airlifted to Washington by the Air Force. ("How's it look over your shoulder / over your donkey?"). Location, in CB-radio-speak, is "10-20.". An intermodal shipping container. I hope your goddamn head was in it! Hold it! You sumbitches couldn't close an umbrella! A CB user transmitting in a foreign language. You're going away till you're gray! I dont think my dog bit you, mister. Bandit? Sheriff Buford T. Justice: Nobody, and I mean nobody, makes Sheriff Buford T. Justice look like a possums pecker., Sheriff Buford T. Justice: Shut your ass.. The rearmost vehicle driver in a group that watches for police officers approaching from behind and gives warning to the others in the group to slow down when speeding. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Mr. B, Tanker Truck Driver: But now his brother JD John Dawes (Norris) another trucker goes looking for him. So this trucker, Billy Dawes (Augenstein) is given the chance to make his delivery, but on the way he is detoured and forced into a jerkwater town where a foolish local corrupt Judge Trimmings (Murdock) who runs the whole town, has him arrested and phony charges brought up on him. [over CB, enthusiastically] And you have a unique way with the English language, Miss Frog. [hands bag to Carrie] Early and low-budgeted Chuck Norris entry in which he takes on a powerful judge who rules tyrannically a village, " When Lawmen break the law, then there is no Law ". Reynolds and Sally Field began dating during the filming ofSmokey and the Bandit. BREAKER, BREAKER 19, The - Donald Trump Sucks The Big One | Facebook Waynette Snow: Usually means extra chrome, wide front bumper, extra light, etc. My name's Patrolman - Traffic Jam: Their CB chatter is always entertaining, and in the mid-70s Americans couldnt get enough of the big rig lifestyle. Through the quotes Ive read, collected, organized, and written about, I found that humans are resilient, creative, and compassionate. RADAR detector indicating that RADAR is being used. Duck, or you're gonna be talkin' out yo' ass! Bandit: We have the best Smokey and the Bandit quotes, so dont miss out! Needham's stunts can be seen inHow the West Was Won,The Bridge at RemagenandLittle Big Man. "Buford T. Justice" was the name of a real Florida Highway Patrolman known to Burt Reynolds' dad, who himself was once a Chief of Police. Norris doesn't show a lot of charisma but hell did he every really?? [she stares at him with a stern look on her face]. Hey, is she wearing a. Bandit: Bandit, you have a lyrical way of cutting through the bullshit., The Bandit: And you have a unique way with the English language, Miss Frog., 2. Cledus Snow: Snowman, What's Your 20? The Smokey and The Bandit CB - YouTube Apparently a"Diablo sandwich" is like a "Sloppy Joe" but spicier. is to ask another user for their CB nickname. I'm hot to trot. Even when he's beaten up or wounding a gunshot. These are the best Disney Plus TV shows to watch. I'm gonna barbecue yo' ass in molasses! It's me they after! [1], The slang itself is not only cyclical, but also geographical. Were gonna do what they say cant be done. The small town sheriff works with the judge to waylay Dawes as he enters the town. Smokey and the Bandit East Bound and Down Jerry Reed That's a ten-four. Bandit: "; now moderately used among the general public. 1. Junior: In a convoy or a line of vehicles, the rocking chair a position that is neither in the front nor at the rear. God, I really thought that was it. Chuck even gets in a bit of wise cracking along the way. Cledus Snow: Buford T. Justice: The article explains that Vice President Gerald Ford hid Coors in his luggage after a trip to Colorado,to take it back to Washington. Her knockers bouncin' all over the joint. Any cat who would paint his truck like this would go to a minister's funeral dressed in feathers. The movies are:Smokey and the Bandit(1977),Hooper(1978),Smokey and the Bandit II(1980) andThe End(1978, pictured). Breaker, breaker, lookin' for the Bandit. The next day, having received no communication from his brother, J.D. Don't Muck Around With An 18 Wheel Truckerhe's got a CB radio and a hundred friends who just might get mad! - Come on back, breaker. Send bill to Big Enos Burdette; Burdette; B, Ber, B-u-r Big Enos: Well, I tell you what we gonna do! Often used in a comic fashion. A 1974 article in Time(three years before the movie) explainedwhy Coors was so sought after and that people pay such a high price for it -it had alack of stabilisers and preservatives. You got trouble comin' Bandit: Well, well, well, hello, Beautiful. There are plenty of car chases and intense run-ins with the law in Smokey and the Bandit. No, she was dancin' back up the aisle. Of course seeing Chuck Norris topbuild is another indication of the audience for whom this was intended, and most likely never had a major release in the big movie markets. To return from a destination back to the original starting point of a trip, especially in a hurry and/or non-stop so as not to lose time. ONE SHIT AT A TIME! Pickup truck drivers congregating with truckers. ("You have a sports car 'on your donkey'. Ok with this film there are a number of ingredients at work: This picture was made back in 1977 and I don't remember where I saw it at. Sma't Aleck! Updated: The best NOW TV shows and Sky series to watch - updated weekly. Buford T. Justice: I just wanna say that. Ike Morgan | imorgan@al.com. Any fool who would paint his truck like this would show up at a minister's funeral dressed in feathers. You must be part coon-dog, 'cause I've been chased by the best of them, and son, you make 'em look like they're all runnin' in slow motion. The Trans Am for the bridge jump was equipped with a booster rocket, the same type which was used by Evel Knievel during his failed Snake River Canyon jump. Think of the movie "Smokey and the Bandit" or the hit song "Convoy" by C. W. McCall