We are compensated for referring traffic. Gently fold in coolwhip. You won't need eggs, water, oil, or anything but cherry pie filling, and Angel food cake to bake this up. Place a third of cake cubes in a 4-qt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. 3. Combine cherry pie filling, sugar, and flour in a saucepan. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Add batter to an ungreased 9 x 13 glass or ceramic baking dish. Hi, regular cherry pie filling is all you need. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. See notes or post for pan details. Place cake cubes in large bowl. Let it cool longer and a slice with whipped cream is delicious. This vintage dessert will be welcome at any picnic or potluck. Cathie Valentine, Graniteville, South Carolina Just add water variety only. 2. trifle bowl. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. In a mixing bowl, combine the 1 3/4 cups of milk and pudding mix. I hear the angels from above singing as I dig into this cake, one bite after another. Place them in a single layer in a 13x9 inch pan. Try this delicious mash-up made with angel food cake, cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and whipped topping. Shared by Amy Desrosiers | 24 CommentsUpdated on February 27, 2023. Much of it just didnt bake. In a 13x9 baking dish, lay half of the cake cubes in the bottom of the pan. 2023 Warner Bros. Beat until well blended. I want to make life easier by creating simple dinner recipes for my family and yours. Well weve gone a couple steps further than a simple angel cake and some fruit, but the updates weve made have really catapulted this dish into our top tier of favorites, plus, you can make this any time of year. Recipe adapted from Onion Rings and Things. Press cake down to form a layer; spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces. Cover with pie filling. Spoon 2/3 of cherry pie filling over cake. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Trifles. Could you please give me an example of a juice pie filling? Cube angel food cake(s) into bite-sized pieces. Just adjust the ingredients accordingly. Stir topping mixture and pecans into cake cubes; mix well. For this recipe, you do not need to grease a glass baking pans with nonstick spray. The cake will be very fluffy and depress a bit in the center once it cools. Heaven on earth cake is one of my go-to cakes when Im required to bring something to a party. Stir in 1/2 of whipped topping and almond extract; set aside. Spread 1/2 cake cubes into an even layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish, then top with 2/3 blueberry pie filling. Easy Pistachio English Toffee Ice Box Cake, 20 Desserts for Two That Are Perfect for Date Night, 16 Ways to Make the Best Strawberry Shortcake, The Most Popular Holiday Recipe From Each U.S. State, Eggs Are ExpensiveTry These 18 Easy, Egg-Free Cake Recipes Instead, 20 Fourth of July Cakes Worth Celebrating, How to Make Fruit Trifle Your Easiest, Prettiest Summer Dessert, 20 Luscious Desserts That Start With Canned Pineapple, How to Make the Prettiest Holiday Trifles. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Trifles. Spread the layer smooth, Repeat the layers, finishing off with the remaining cherry pie filling. Copyright 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com Quick & Easy Recipes (The pudding amount is 2 small boxes or 1 large US box pudding, either instant or cooked.) Spoon cake mixture into a pretty glass or crystal bowl. She has a decade of journalism experience. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Make this bread pudding-inspired treat with just five ingredients: angel food cake, milk, two packages of instant pudding mix, and Butterfinger candy bars. Cherries in the Snow Cake - Allrecipes I've never tried it but I bet chocolate pudding would be good too. Heaven On Earth Cake (Strawberry Recipe) - Adore Foods LAYER. I just found this recipe. The consistency will be off once thawed. Allow the cake to cool for 30 minutes before slicing. A lightly greased pan normally would work, but since pans vary I would have to see. Repeat steps, making a second layer and top with cherry pie filling. With its layers of cake, pudding, cherry pie, cream, and almonds, how can it not be? glass bowl. Pour the pudding over the cake; top with the cherry pie filling. Spread cherry filling evenly over top. In a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cream cheese; beat until blended. 2023 Warner Bros. Using a can of whipped cream is a happy medium and you can make fun decorations on top if youd like! Its cool, creamy, and lighter than air. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Place baking dish in refrigerator and let set for 3+ hours, or overnight. Be the first to rate this post. This is very easy and tasty. can cherry pie filling, divided, 1 (8 oz.) Simply scoop the cake on plates with a large serving spoon. This cake can be frozen (with no toppings) after cooling in an airtight container for up to 30 days. Spread cherry filling evenly over top. "This is so easy it is almost embarrassing," says recipe creator Perri Pender. Line an ungreased 13-in. Angel Food Cake Dessert Trifle with Cherries - Plowing Through Life Paula Deen's Strawberry Cream Shortcake. Dissolve gelatin in water; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Each simple element creates a perfect harmony of flavors and textures. Chill for 3 hours before serving and enjoy within 1-2 days for maximum quality. How To Make cherry trifle. Hi, you can use a tube pan but it wont be super fluffy like a traditional angel food cake. But this angel food cake recipe does not follow the box instructions and uniquely only uses 1 can of cherry pie filling to make it bake! I love how effortless it is to make a trifle look pretty. Can also be layered in a trifle bowl or in individual parfait glasses. Purchasing a prepared angel food cake is super easy. In a Trifle dish or large bowl, spoon a bit of cherry pie filling, add a few pieces of torn angel food cake, top with half of the filling. Set aside. If serving this dessert solely to adults, soak the cake cubes in wine or sherry. Heaven on Earth Cake - Insanely Good Repeat layers. Maraschino cherries, canned pineapple chunks, and gelatin are wonderfully nostalgic ingredients everyone will love. You wont even need the oven. Corey Williams is a food writer for MyRecipes and Allrecipes. Spread remaining cake cubes over cherry layer. Repeat cake layer. My grandmother used to have so many of these styles of pan, but a tube pan was one baking must-have that I didnt own (and still dont). In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Your email address will not be published. Eat it as-is, dress it up with whipped cream and fresh fruit, or use it to add a bit of light and fluffy texture to your next shortcut dessert. Spread cream over cake layer. How to Make Heaven On Earth Cake. Maybe you dont own this type of pan? If you're not a fan of raspberries, try strawberries instead. Convenient ingredients like store-bought angel food cake, canned cherry pie filling, instant pudding mix, and a container of frozen whipped topping make this cake as easy as it is tasty. Reserve 2 tablespoons whipped topping; fold remaining topping into cheese mixture. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Thanks for recipe. 1 angel food cake , cubed into 1" pieces (homemade or store-bought) 1 pint fresh blueberries 1 pint fresh strawberries , sliced Instructions Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer, mix the cream cheese until smooth. I dont know who its original artist is, but I thank God for them! Stir in 1/2 of whipped topping and almond extract; set aside. Stir topping mixture and pecans into cake cubes; mix well. No votes so far! Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until blended. Top with the remaining cherry pie filling and sprinkle with almonds if using. Bake angel food cake according to package's directions. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. Instructions. Garnish with reserved whipped cream. Repeat layers. In a trifle dish make two or three layers of cake cubes, creamed mixture and cherry pie filling. 2 Ingredient Cherry Angel Food Cake - Sizzling Eats (3.5) box instant vanilla pudding prepared. 2 Place half the cake cubes in a trifle dish or large glass bowl; top with half the cheese mixture. Thank you for stopping by! Strawberries and Cream Angel Food Cake Trifle | Lil' Luna Angel Fluff aka Cherry Cloud Dessert - Budget101.com Go to Recipe. You cant go wrong with vanilla, but other flavors such as cheesecake, chocolate, and lemon are interesting choices, too. Cherry Angel Trifle Recipe: How to Make It - Taste Of Home Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Bundt pans scare me LOL. Thank you for this recipe. Learn how your comment data is processed. CREAM MIXTURE. This impressive cake is way easier to make than it looks. Assemble the Dessert. If using almonds, be sure to toast beforehand! Drop half of the cherry pie filling over top of the angel food cake cubes. Thats whats amazing about this dessert. Use your favorite crunchy candy bar to make this super simple trifle. Your email address will not be published. Enjoy. Top with whipped topping. Directions. 2 Ingredient Cherry Angel Food Cake comes together with just 2 ingredient items. Also known (by our friends and family) as cherry angel trifle, this is a decadent, delicious trifle-esque dessert, in that its several layers of yumminess all rolled into one. It's quick to throw together, but make sure you allow enough time to thoroughly refrigerate. "Super easy and quick," raves reviewer hollywood2169. Every spoonful is a symphony of sweetness and tang balanced by the creamy, dreamy layers. asks Barbara Sherman of Homosassa, Florida. I would love to try this again but for now I think my pineapple angel food dump cake turned out better. Im not sure what you mean by fruit pie filling in juice not syrup. We recommend our users to update the browser. Gently mix in the Greek yogurt until well-blended. Slice the angel food cake into bite-sized chunks. Reserve 2 tablespoons whipped topping; fold remaining topping into cheese mixture. Hi, I am not sure of the science but it just doesnt perform as well! It can be dressed up by adding 1/4 cup cherry liqueur and 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans if you like those flavors. Youll need a 913-inch baking pan for this cake, but other sizes will work, too. trifle or serving bowl; top with half of the gelatin and pie filling. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It is truly an easy and versatile dessert that is delicious at any time of the year! In a trifle dish make two or three layers of cake cubes, creamed mixture and cherry pie filling. I was tempted to try using heavy whipping cream to make my own whipped cream, but cool whip is so much easier. I did around 1-inch cubes. Feel free to mix and match. Spoon of the cherry pie filling over the cake. Directions Crumble or cut cake into bite-sized pieces. Can you bake in a silicone Bundt pan without being greased? Fold in pudding mixture and 1 cup whipped topping. Apple or peach compote tastes great, too. Traditional heaven on earth cake has angel food cake at the base, but youre free to use other cakes, too. Angel Food Cake Dessert Trifle with Cherries, Easy Trifle, If desired sprinkle with liqueur over cake cubes. If you cant bake to save your life but have to bring something impressive to your next potluck, heaven on earth cake is exactly what youll need. Angel food cake layered with strawberry ice cream is simply delicious. Make the cake in advance. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Here's a make-ahead dessert that's easy to prep before your next big event. Required fields are marked *. You wont need eggs, water, oil, or anything but cherry pie filling, and Angel food cake to bake this up. It is a perfect summertime cake that you have to make to experience! Just grill your angel food cake slices, then top with strawberries marinated in balsamic vinegar and black pepper. Stir in sour cream. This post may contain affiliate links. In a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cream cheese; beat until blended. Mine went flat, however I read later that you need to cool the cake suspended upside down using cups in each corner to prevent it going flat. Spread 1/2 cake cubes into an even layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish, then top with 2/3 cherry pie filling. Sprinkle with pecans. Then its a matter of dolloping cherry pie filling on top of the cubes, followed by spreading a smooth layer of Greek yogurt vanilla pudding on top and the remaining cubed cake. Contest-Winning White Chocolate Cheesecake, Chocolate & Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake, We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer), The Taste of Home Guide to Saving Money with Amazon Coupons, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 8 ounces frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed, divided, 1 can (21 ounces) cherry filling or topping. Cut or break apart angel food cake into pieces and place half the pieces in a large, clear, glass bowl. Refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours before serving. Read More, Copyright 2023 Plowing Through Life Website by Blue Valley Technologies, Angel Food Cake Dessert Trifle with Cherries. Cut angel food cake into cubes. Simply beat whipping cream with a bit of sugar until stiff peaks form, about 4-5 minutes. Spread half of the drained pineapple over the cake cubes. Instructions. ingredients Units: US 1 angel food cake 2 (8 ounce) bars reduced-fat cream cheese 2 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed 2 (20 ounce) cans cherry pie filling 1 teaspoon almond extract 14 cup cherry brandy (optional) 1 pint blueberries (optional) directions Tear up the angelfood cake. While you could serve this dessert right away, we recommend letting it set in the fridge for a day (or two), if you can wait that long. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cherry juice. YUM. 1 cup: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars, 0 fiber). document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The middle of the 9 x 13 cake didnt seem like it was completely cooked. Do not use the egg pouch type. Enjoy! I used a tube pan and greased it .. the cake fell flat. If you heavily grease it, the cake will not rise and will be a flat bust! Your cake will leave a coating in your glass pan, but once fully cooled youll be able to remove the slices from the pan. This isn't as much a recipe as assembly instructions, but you don't have to tell your guests that. Cut cake into 1/2 inch cubes and place half in a 3 quart glass trifle bowl.