They were noticeably firm, and launched low, but overall the feel was really nice and the performance was manageable. You can find x200/x300 shafts on eBay for like 50-70 bucks per set. Ping G25 15* Black Tie, scratch 54 & 60 customs T&A Thx Now, to directly answer your last question.No it would not play like X-7 DG Tours. It's also about 8g heavier than a normal tapered tip X-100 shaft. The game is hard enough when you're in equipment that fits much less stuff that doesn't. They aren't for everyone. [/quote] They were noticeably firm, and launched low, but overall the feel was really nice and the performance was manageable. The X7s are 20g heavier than these. The X100 version is 130-grams, extra-stiff. You can check my sig for specifics. (E.g., pulling a pw or 6i back to the fringe from pin high can be disheartening at times). It's a great piece that has proven its efficiency in improving performance and feel. To players who fight to keep spin down, any gain might be considered way less. They feel very stiff. They weigh the same +/- 1g but don't spin less than X7. [quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1355695940' post='6077715'] Titleist 917 D3 8.5* (C1), GD Tour AD IZ 7tx

Ping G400 14.5, GD Tour AD DI 8tx

Titleist 718 TMB 2-iron, Tour AD DI

Ping S55 4-PW, KBS Ctaper 125 S+

PING Nome TR, 35" slight arc

Ping Glide Stealth 50ss, 54ss, 60es. I have a [i]little. Believe it or not, the USGA has very strict rules on the type of equipment that can be used in the game of golf. Also, lower on both fronts than X200/X300. True Temper Dynamic Gold Shaft Review - Golfers Authority Same results for both of us- 7.0 highest. well assuming you get your old iron shafts pulled, from golfsmith it costs 19.99 + grip which is about 7 bucks, from golf galaxy it's 17 to install, about 4 to pull, 3 to put on a new grip, plus the 7 dollar grip. It doesnt sound like much but the X7 greatly improves control when fast swing speed players load and unload the shaft. What shafts do you currently play. [/quote] [/quote] Let us know how you hit them! I'm the first to say it may be a swing fault first, but I wonder if equipment like the x7 would help support more consistancy and minimize the extra spin and higher than desirable launch I often get from my short irons. [/quote] x100 vs. x100 tour isse - Club Fitting - Team Titleist No trackman or anything. The True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue shafts are available in two flexes and one weight category. You can differentiate the two models by their shaft bands and weight tolerances. They're super stable and if you're able to work the ball anyway, you shouldn't have any problems. Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 3-PW Iron Shafts - The Peoples Clubs when are the dynamic gold tours coming out? How many fittings have you done? That's quite a bit for a steel shaft change but its not a dramatic difference at the end of the day. They are on par with the PX 7.0's in terms of firmness. Hm, I wouldnt say I spin my x100's 'too much' but I do from time to time get more spin than I want with my mid-pw. Spin is the amount of backspin that the ball has. [/quote] For long irons, the Dynamic Gold X100 will add distance to your shots. What i've heard from most of the best clubfitters is that with the dynamic golf tour issues do not have to be pured. No trackman or anything. I'm more going off experience from club fitting hundreds of players, very rarely have I ever had a steel shaft change of a same/similar flex change spin by greater than 300 rpm of spin. [/quote] LEARN MORE. True Temper Dynamic Gold X Seven Golf Shaft Review [/quote] I never got the feeling that the x7's weren't "do-able." Know anywhere else that's cheaper? According to the USGA, both the X7 and X100 are considered legal to use in any casual, high-level amateur, or professional golf outings. Same results for both. You've fit hundreds of players into x7's? Then again, True Tempers Dynamic Gold shaft is the most popular shaft in professional golf, so maybe I shouldnt be all that surprised. Please put and questions or comments here, Please put any questions or comments here, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue vs Dynamic Gold Tour (X7). [quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1355698199' post='6077849'] With True Tempers Dynamic Gold steel shaft (low launch and spin characteristics), there isnt a difference in performance, profile or material when it comes to the Tour version versus what youd find on an off-the-rack set of irons. DW actually told me there isn't a stiffer shaft to be found, but the x7's are performers. [/quote] [/quote] Tip an X-100 1" or 1.5". Its a steel shaft, my posts on this topic are simply to get people that think that a steel shaft is going to change launch and spin by so much that it's going to make any change in on course scoring or performance. [/quote] Yeah, it's fun to meinteresting to me. DW actually told me there isn't a stiffer shaft to be found, but the x7's are performers. [/quote] Explains why the questions in the two threads. Hm, I wouldnt say I spin my x100's 'too much' but I do from time to time get more spin than I want with my mid-pw. TOUR DOMINATION. Dynamic Gold has black screening on the tip section of the shafts saying something to the effect of "True Temper Made in USA". Given that both of these shafts have the same launch angle, you are going to be getting a similar shot with both of these, barring the impact of other specs on the club. I believe they are MAP'ed at $400 per 3-PW set. [quote name='J.W.' XXIO X Series 5 Wood! So, to come full circle, how would you compare the flight of 7.0s against x100. That's quite a bit for a steel shaft change but its not a dramatic difference at the end of the day. Sounds like you're just having fun so if that's the case you may like them. You can check my sig for specifics. Both models feature a high kick point for low launch and low spin. Same results for both of us- 7.0 highest. It's built to provide a lower spin, ball flight, and higher speed. The tip is reinforced. With the standard Dynamic Gold, the weight sorting tolerance is plus-or-minus two grams per shaft, which doesnt sound like much. A player who struggles with getting the ball in the air should look towards a higher trajectory shaft, while a player who struggles hitting the ball too high should look for a lower trajectory shaft. I think the real question is how does the x7 stack up against PX 7.0. Honestly, I really liked the x7's. [quote name='sbguard9' date='31 January 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1264986802' post='2217685'] A friend of mine, who has PX 7.0 in his forged Callys, and I hit them against each other along with C Taper X. [/quote] When we tested the Dynamic Gold X7, we could also feel that it was the stiffest and strongest shaft in the Dynamic Gold line. Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped, Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped I'll learn this game soon enough. I've only been playing for a yr n a half now and so far golf appears to be one sport where equipment has had such a directly large influence on my results. timestamp='1355712569' post='6078973'] I never got the feeling that the x7's weren't "do-able." I saw those minimal spin differences when comparing C taper S+, PX 6.5 and X100. While the shaft band is purely cosmetic, weight tolerances can alter the overall feel of the club. Their results may vary from yours - context is key. Dynamic Gold: Flex: Stiff (S200-300-400), X-Stiff (X100) Material: Steel: Tip DIameter.355 Taper Tip: Trajectiory/Spin . Not true- if you read my posts, it is clear I'm not 'wanting' to play anything one day nor do I want to 'jump into' anything the next day. Stage and DriverWedge have experience with both. My hope is that the differences in shaft profile is overcome by the additional stiffness on the 7.0 so that the two fly pretty much the same but lower spin on the 7.0. I know PX's are supposed to launch higher, but I'm having trouble believing something at FCM 7.5 lauches THAT high. Scratch ain't s***. [quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1355718783' post='6079509'] I'll say this- the X7 absolutely launches lower and spins WAY less than the C Taper. I think that is what they cost? IMO having hit X7 enough you're not gonna all of a sudden bounce a short or mid iron forward now instead of ripping it back 20 feet to the fringe. Been doing some research on the Tour Issue DG's and they are weight and frequency sorted. Honestly, I really liked the x7's. These guys are so full of crap its scary. X7 has the exact same step pattern, but the steps are much thicker, allowing for increased butt stiffness to go along with the stiff tip that has been the hallmark of the Dynamic series of shafts. I'm more going off experience from club fitting hundreds of players, very rarely have I ever had a steel shaft change of a same/similar flex change spin by greater than 300 rpm of spin. A very small portion of the site may contain affiliate links. Any feedback and/or reviews of the x7's in general would be great! I'll answer your last question first. No, but I've fit hundreds of players and some very talented. Hope you find a great fit! However, longer shafts are generally hard to hit consistent shots with. KBS Tour VS Project X VS Dynamic Gold | Iron Shafts - YouTube When I was in better shape and didn't have a kiddo! and have better logos on them? How many fittings have you done? Some with 190 ball speed with a driver go from S300 to X100 and the spin change was 300-400 rpm's and this is a guy that can't keep it under 3000 with a driver. You are looking at less than a 1CPM increase. Currently have X7's in my apex pros but was recently thinking about giving the x100's a shot. You might try the 6.0. I know PX's are supposed to launch higher, but I'm having trouble believing something at FCM 7.5 lauches THAT high. If I had 4 bills lying around I would try them again. Reviews. Generally speaking, a heavier golf shaft will generate less swing speed, but it will be more accurate. Unless you have a really late release, they won't make any difference although they may feel good (or not). Better players will be able to pop the ball high and land it dead on the green with the Dynamic Gold X7. I was just trying to help, sorry MadGolfer!!!!!! Nothing personal. Dynamic Gold X7 Golf Shafts| True Temper Golf Now, on to comparisons. The move to X7 for me was based on the fact that I was ballooning X-100. Youd be surprised how often I get this question on social media. I've played X-100's forever. JDM x2hot 15 Fubuki Z 85-x I've hit them all very close to each other. Thanks again! All rights reserved. It comes as a 130 gram shaft in extra stiff flex. It's a game and it's unfortunate you feel negatively about it. SHAFT: For the average person, even a low handicapper, the extra expense is a waste of money in my opinion. No one is forcing you to post, comment or get involved. The Dynamic Gold X100 is a famous golf shaft for PGA Tour players. FYI, today scratch isn't nearly as good as you may think it is. Manage Settings [quote name='J.W.' Skip to the beginning of the images gallery. Am I CRAZY?? MITSUBISHI MMT 105TX from Dynamic gold X7 / X100 100 % of 100. They launch slightly lower than X100s but spin a bunch less. Unless you have a really late release, they won't make any difference although they may feel good (or not). My 6 iron swing speed was averaging 98, with a few over 100, so these shafts certainly aren't for everyone, but me they were. [/quote] What is WAY less? Display as a link instead, To players who fight to keep spin down, any gain might be considered way less. Project X vs X100 or X7 - WRX Club Techs - Forums Dynamic Gold X-Seven (X7) Initial Thoughts - Forums X100's vs X7's - WRX Club Techs - Forums KBS C-Taper vs DG x7 vs Project X 7.0 - WRX Club Techs Cc kt qu khc . It doesnt feel much heavier than other Dynamic Gold shafts weve tested; but then again, none of us are hypersensitive players. SHAWN'S NEW IRON SHAFTS | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 X100 Shawn Clement's Wisdom in Golf Lessons 49K views 5 years ago KBS Tour and Nippon Modus Review Sydney Golf Tech 34K views 2 years ago. I ask because the first thing I noticed when I switched to x100 from s300 was how many more shots I was able to put in my bag on command. Been doing some research on the Tour Issue DG's and they are weight and frequency sorted. 3 GreenWaveGolfer 1 yr. ago If you are looking for a heavier golf shaft, then the X7 is better for you. [/quote] Thanks for the reality check on tipping the x100's and saving me some time even thinking about it. Thanks for the reality check on tipping the x100's and saving me some time even thinking about it. Ask an Equipment Expert: Should I switch to graphite iron shafts to gain distance? X7's are a very different breed. To me, the X7 is another flex up. [quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1355701735' post='6078121'] DG Tour (X7) is worth the money if you need it. Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 vs. Dynamic Gold X100 - GolfWRX And personally my favorite shaft out there! Could be wrong. Regular (R300), Stiff (S200-300-400), X-Stiff (X100) Material: Steel: Tip DIameter.355 Taper Tip: Trajectiory/Spin: Low: Weight Class: More than 115g: Color: Silver: PRODUCTS. How many fittings have you done? Also, lower on both fronts than X200/X300. They are on par with the PX 7.0's in terms of firmness. I hope I can get dialed in soon! They are on par with the PX 7.0's in terms of firmness. Right on. savoyspecial13, December 16, 2012 in WRX Club Techs. The x100's did what I wanted them to do 9 times out of ten. If I had 4 bills lying around I would try them again. MXM 330m All Black Blind Shaft Testing // PROJECT X 7.0 & LS // DYNAMIC GOLD X7 & X100 I think the real question is how does the x7 stack up against PX 7.0. We test the four most popular low launching steel iron shafts on the market, blind, to see how they compare when the player has no idea which shaft is which . Everyone's just trying to help and keep it light. Compared to. Adam Scott, Miura collaborate on limited-edition AS-1 irons | First Look, FIRST LOOK: Miura CB-302 forged irons offer more forgiveness and stronger flight, Adam Scott spotted with a must-see Miura iron set at Players, Its a feat of engineering: How Bryson DeChambeaus Ping irons came to life | Wall-to-Wall Equipment, Are you good enough for forged irons? [quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1355701735' post='6078121'] I like the Rifles better than the LZ model, but a lot of golfers game the gentler LZ and love it. I know I could probably search the web and look it up myself, but I'll just ask you: x200, x300= different weights only or flex also? timestamp='1355704696' post='6078353'] I never meant to call into question your qualifications or anything. Do the black gold shafts compare at all to the x7 and tour issue (weight sorted)? You just have no idea. That's quite a bit for a steel shaft change but its not a dramatic difference at the end of the day. This will increase distance and accuracy for better players for sure. Dynamic Gold Tour is weight sorted to +/- 0.5 gram tolerances. I hope I can get dialed in soon! To players who fight to keep spin down, any gain might be considered way less. Plus, you still have to spine them. No issues with that. What do you game now out of curiosity? I've hit them all very close to each other. Generally I like heavier offerings. True Temper Golf Shafts - True Temper, Project X, Dynamic Gold | True Testing the KBS Tour C-Taper 130, Project X 7.0, True Temper Dynamic Gold X100, and True Temper Dynamic Gold X7 to see the differences in feel, timing, ball flight, spin rate, launch angle, and more! [quote name='sbguard9' date='01 February 2010 - 04:49 AM' timestamp='1265021399' post='2218550'] If you are in the market for a tour grade shaft then congratulations that probably means you are an accomplished player. [quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1355718783' post='6079509'] As for paying $400 for a set because they weight sorted them, most good clubfitters will have an adequate stock of X-100 shafts to allow you to get the tighter tolerances. To players who fight to keep spin down, any gain might be considered way less. Unless you can honestly say that you launch X-100 too high and spin it too much, they won't be worth your money. Read More. By [quote name='savoyspecial13' timestamp='1355699744' post='6077991'] Honestly, I really liked the x7's. link to Are Kirkland Golf Wedges Discontinued. What is WAY less? I've seen literally hundreds of times, steel shafts just flat out don't change the numbers that much.