If you're ready for a pit stop, the Delaware Welcome Center is located between miles 3 and 1, about 130-miles into the trip. We'll be doing this next Tuesday. Lakes Wales Ridge is an ancient island on top of Florida. Oh, and the peach cobbler was outstanding. Alternate route avoiding I-95 - Trippy One of the best scenic drives in the e entire world. I thought the engine was dying! It is also possible, thanks to google maps, to memorize the position of numerous activities such as: attractions, museums, restaurants, supermarkets, post offices, banks, ATMs, railway stations, airports, service stations (gas stations), auto and car mechanics, renting cars, hospitals, pharmacies, doctors, dentists, veterinarians, schools, bookshops, churches, cemeteries. Most. Our "short-cut route" to get from the East Coast of Florida to the West Coast was taking US 301 from the Jacksonville area to Ocala. Please leave a comment below with your favorite off the beaten path, hidden gem Florida scenic drives. Beckley is a possible overnight stay, but theres not much to see or do. The most interesting trip was one of my first. Find insurance savings it's 100% free, Compare Free Quotes (& Save Hundreds per Year! Watch your speed zones and stoplights. I have driven I-75 many times but enjoy getting off the big highway and discovering scenic and FUN routes. What varied typography and so much to see! How long would it take to drive to Canada from Texas? Road Trip from Florida to Alaska | Travel | Cross Country | Tips more, Reply to: Easiest driving route to Florida. There are 274.13 miles from Ocala to Destin in northwest direction and 341 miles (548.79 kilometers) by car, following the I-10 W route. Continueexploring the small roads in the areaincluding more red clay dirt pathslike Lake Reedy Blvd, Lake Arbuckle Road, Old Frostproof Road, and Rucks Dairy Road before ending up at CR64. Is switching to 301 at Ocala better than cutting across to 301 at Gainesville, or using I-4 to I-95? Tips for foreigners: Renting or buying a vehicle in the USA? And he does meanold. Most often, the route takes him between Ontario and Florida. You can find good chain hotels. Chevy recently made its Bolt EUV even cheaper than it was. It was hard to concentrate on the article after you mentioned key lime shake though! Most buses now have air conditioning, sockets and WiFi on board. 9189 SW 58TH CIR, Ocala, FL, 34476 - newhomesource.com That is what is cool about travel. Then go East on I-10 to I-95. Well, as long as you avoid the gators. Get email updates for new Sales Consultant jobs in Ocala, FL. Route Trainee - UniFirst Job Opening in Ocala, FL at UniFirst | Salary.com The low-stress way to find your next driver job opportunity is on SimplyHired. Best route from I-75 around Tampa to I-95 north to Georgia - Florida And then meet back up with I-95 northwest of Charleston, SC. MORE FOOD: Take Exit 49 at Darien, Ga., and go to Skippers Fishcamp Restaurant (on the riverfront). I love these scenic drives of Florida. 1551 SE 80th St, OCALA, FL 34480 | MLS# OM653639 | Redfin Trip Time: 8 hr 40 min driving time. This is a magnificent area for astounding tree pictures. Could u send more information on your route. Dismiss. Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. See salaries, compare reviews, easily apply, and get hired. For the Google Maps image above, I requesteddriving directions between Manatee Bay, FL and Key West, FL. Continue on I-90 to I-79 south to Pittsburgh, Pa. Its one hour to Grove City, Pa., where there is a Premier Outlet Mall. How to Find Road Trip Stopover Spots - TripSavvy Ft. 9710 SW 76th Lane Rd, OCALA, FL 34481. Directions to Ocala, FL - MapQuest New driver careers in Ocala, FL are added daily on SimplyHired.com. Learn what to do before, during and after relocating to help your infant. Take I-77 south through Charlotte, N.C. If hotels arent your style, try a bed and breakfast or sleep under the stars at alocal campground. Sign up for McCool Travel updates. each image on the page has its own license. Here's time and travel info if youre coming from New York City: If you want to take time for sightseeing, add a few more days to your trip. I have taken the Ocala -301 shortcut across several times and prefer it. That is a great one. Now, that was exciting. But it consist of SR 44, Emeraldo Rd, and SR 25 up to SR 40. Under the bridge at the Ridgeland exits 22-21 is a favourite spot. We'll get you a price. So many terrific places to drive in Florida. Traffic: latest traffic and road and highway traffic news, shown in "#traffic news". Located at 9189 SW 58TH CIR, Ocala, FL, 34476. Love driving into the Caribbean Sea but not getting wet. guide on how to plan a road trip during your move, Its the most direct route to central and southern Florida, It passes through nine states and these major historic cities: Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Williamsburg, Charleston and Savannah, It has beautiful ocean views near coastal towns like Jacksonville and Daytona Beach, To Daytona Beach, approximately 1,070 miles, or a little over 2 days, To Destin, approximately 1,261 miles, or almost 2.5 days, To Fort Lauderdale, approximately 1,263, miles or almost 2.5 days, To Jacksonville, approximately 937 miles, or almost 2 days, To Key West, approximately 1,440 miles, or almost 3 days, To Miami, approximately 1,283 miles, or more than 2.5 days, To Orlando, approximately 1,078 miles, or a little over 2 days, To Panama City Beach, approximately 1,206 miles, or almost 2.5 days, To Pensacola, approximately 1,238 miles, or almost 2.5 days, To Petersburg, approximately 1,157 miles, or a little over 2 days, To Tallahassee, approximately 1,098 miles, or a little over 2 days, To Tampa, approximately 1,133 miles, or almost 2.5 days, Travel to Orlando, FL the next day (this might be a little longer drive than 8 hours), Spend the night in Rocky Mount, NC (night 1), Travel to Jacksonville, FL and stay overnight (night 2), Visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island before leaving NYC, Stop by Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, Spend the night in Philadelphia (night 1), See Fort McHenry National Monument in Baltimore, Spend the night just outside of Washington D.C. in Greenbelt, MD (night 2), Spend a couple of days in Washington D.C. and visit sites like the U.S. Capitol, The White House, Arlington National Cemetery, the Library of Congress, Lincoln Memorial, the National Museum of American History, the National Mall, Washington Monument, and the Thomas Jefferson Memorial (night 3 and 4), Visit George Washingtons Mount Vernon Estate in Mount Vernon, VA, Stop in Williamsburg to experience the Jamestown Settlement Museum, Yorktown Victory Center and Colonial Williamsburg (night 5), Travel to Fayetteville, NC, and tour the Airborne and Special Operations Museum (night 6), Drive to Savannah, GA and stroll through the historic district to see mansions, monuments and other sites from the Civil War and Revolutionary eras, Spend the night in Savannah, then travel to your final destination in Florida (night 7), Stop in Newnan, GA and spend the night (night 2), Travel to your destination in the panhandle, Delaware Memorial Bridge in New Castle, DE, NASA Goddard Visitor Center in Greenbelt, MD, National Museum of the Marine Corps in Triangle, VA, Kings Dominion and Planet Snoopy in Doswell, VA, Largest Tire in the World in North Blandboro, NC, Mars Bluff Atomic Bomb Crater in Mars Bluff, SC, Tybee Island Lighthouse and Museum in Tybee Island, GA, Museum of Science and Space History in Jacksonville, FL, Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL, Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando, FL, National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg, PA, Virginia Museum of Transportation in Roanoke, VA, Museum of the Shenandoah Valley in Winchester, VA, The Crockett Tavern Museum In Morristown, TN, Half smokes in Washington D.C. (a sausage thats half pork and half beef). Hope yo do get to do it. Not sure yet when we are coming next (depends partly on v $ !). But you can find even more savings by choosing the right trim. Consider stopping at Cape Canaveral to see where rockets are launched, and in Cocoa Beach where you can find other solar system related references like I Dream of Jeannie Lane. Ocala Scavenger Hunt: Fort King Fandango Treasure Hunt Exactly what I am trying to tell people. These are actually helpful to meHertz has some great one-way rental car deals between VA & FL so I definitely want to include a great drive along the way. So, the best way to avoid Atlanta when driving to Florida is by going around it on I-285. The Super 8 is well used, however, so may not be all that appealing. There is nothing new here which is why the place was chosen for the film Doc Hollywood. You can start your scavenger hunt any time your group is ready. I have seen bald eagles and snapping turtles while driving through thick areas of live oak with moss. | The oyster bar is closed Mondays but opens at 4 p.m. the rest of week. Copyright document.write(new Date().getFullYear())2021 VISIT FLORIDA. Happy trails carracar. Unlike Mr. Hunter, however, I hate Interstate 75 and am convinced I know a better way. Gas expenses depend on the vehicle youre driving and how long youre on the road. I retired in 2006 and a teaching colleague was already doing this for a friend of his who owns a business that fields jobs from travel insurance companies. 9444 SW 76th St, OCALA, FL 34481 | MLS# OM652921 | Redfin Ocala-Gainesville area . Just mention youre a CAA member when checking in. There is no lack of things to do and see in the Sunshine State!