Get perfection for short pieces of text in just a few minutes. Have a great day is a great example of how to say, have a great rest of your day. It removes the redundancy in the repeated phrase, allowing have a great day to shine on its own. 5. But I would still go for "Enjoy the rest of your day" if I were going for total correctness. Is this sentencecorrect? Anyone who gets a lot of emails is familiar with the classic "I hope you're doing well " and its related family of phrases. A simple happy, blissful week has been known to brighten up someones day or week, alleviate mental stress and overall put a smile on someones face. I hope that this week goes well! 3. Thus 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year' is never swapped to 'Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year'; 'Merry Birthday' and 'Have a merry week!' I know no English speakers who says Happy weekend the way one might say Happy birthday or Happy anniversary. ", This app is even better than grammarly! All above text quotes are in ownership of their legal Input your text below. Solve your problems more easily with the app! Youre such a positive guy, and it would be so sad if you didnt make the most of today. Hi there! 30 Encouraging Phrases to Say to Your Child Instead of "Have a Great Day". ; Meanwhile, take the rest of the week off. Secondly, if youre looking for a formal alternative, you can use hope the rest of your day goes well., Lastly, if youre aiming for a more friendly tone, try using hope the rest of your day is wonderful.. Have fun. Go forth and conquer the world is your stepping stone. get plenty of rest. nice rest. Satisfaction guaranteed! Id love to hear some interesting tales. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. We will send you an email to confirm your account. I hope you're having a great week. It only takes a minute to sign up. Enjoy your weekend. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. How should I reply to this: "I hope you had a good time". hookedonhouses.net . It implies a friendly, easy-going tone. Get your English checked! It's important to keep in mind that not all of these opening lines will be appropriate for every email you send. Ill be in the front office if you need anything. Have a great rest of your day is not grammatically correct. Do you want to pray for the person or send a fun casual message? Want to improve your English business writing? What is this brick with a round back and a stud on the side used for? And unfortunately will be staying with us city dwellers through the. I didn't expect that a real editor, not AI, would check my text. Does the order of validations and MAC with clear text matter? "I had a good rest during the off-week last week," Choi said. Moreover, it can be used when things get a little heated. + Read the full interview, I love TextRanch because of the reliable feedback. There were not enough chairs for all of them to sit on them. What is Wario dropping at the end of Super Mario Land 2 and why? Example: Say this at the end of an employee meeting to motivate people to put their best foot forward. Are you sick and tired of using the same phrase again and again? Get it corrected in a few minutes by our editors. You can have it as a stick-on note or as a quote on your phone to motivate and keep yourself happy. Your feedback helps us improve our service. Get extra help with longer text and special files. So efficient. I have not seen the expression "happy week" used by native English speakers. only in accordance with fair use principle. Get your ass outta the covers; its a brand new week, and its time to kick ass. I hope you are having a productive day/week. I want you to know Im here if you need to talk about anything. Please tell us why you want to close your account: Fast corrections and brief feedback from a human editor. Most of the time, spoken English rules are relaxed compared to written ones. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. More than 150,000 people like you receive our weekly newsletter to master their English skills! something that the people are not used to hearing. Its even more useful if someones already informed you of their plans. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Have a wonderful day. This is a message you can send to a boss, a colleague, or a mentor. Thats why reminding them to do so when parting ways with them might help them to enjoy more of their time in the day. var s = d.createElement("script"), tag = d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; I was hoping you could go out there and find something you can get lost in. Words like wonderful are great to try and improve someones spirit and confidence. Take it easy for the rest of the day. All Rights Reserved. antonyms. I love it! You have the capabilities to achieve greatness this new week. if (w.addEventListener) { } Input your text below. BobK Harmless drudge Staff member Joined Jul 29, 2006 Im sure you have a lot of exciting plans today. This is a good phrase to use if they have informed you of their plans. Have fun with the rest of your day encourages someone to enjoy themselves and find something entertaining or interesting to do. Example: It might be a good idea to use this phrase when you meet someone to discuss a project and get up to leave. It encourages people to give themselves the best chances to better their lives and enjoy their time. Plus, you dont need to know the other person to use this statement. ", The most useful app that I have ever found.I truly appreciate your efforts. ", Human understanding of the context. It shows that you are referring to the remaining time in the day without expressly saying rest of your day.. We're going to close up a little early today. [News] Hey you! It's the email equivalent of small talk and is especially common when making an . Here are 10 synonyms to the phrase "hope you are well": I hope the day is treating you well. You should use it when you're talking to coworkers or employees after the weekend. } else { These salutations tend to become 'fossilised expressions', with illogical degrees of changes that might seem logically permissible actually employed. You are sending warmth with a message. Stay cool this week! Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well. However, we must mention that this can be taken in the wrong way so only use it when you are sure the other person will be okay with it. See Spanish-English translations with audio pronunciations, examples, and word-by-word explanations. Enjoy your day is a very simple choice, but it works well. Have some fun while you're away. Here you can set your new address email. Have a good one and I'll see you on Monday. Is it intended for your romantic partner? I hope this email finds you well. and the result is so good!! It means the same as have a good rest of the week, and is suitable in both formal and informal settings. This statement is typically used when youre trying to improve relations and want the other person to know that you care for them. English (US) @brenda_rmo24 You can use that in formal communication, but it kind of sounds a little unnatural. Finally, you can also try using some slight variations of this phrase, like the ones listed below: In conclusion, have a great rest of your day is grammatically correct and suitable for both formal and informal settings. So, going forward, let this article guide the different ways you can wish someone special to you a great week. Have a {good/great/fun/nice/pleasant/relaxing} {day/week/weekend/vacation/life}. Example: You can say take care of yourself this week when your colleague tells you hes not feeling well. If you post a question after sending a gift to someone, your question will be displayed in a special section on that persons feed. + Read the full interview, Michel Vivas, Senior Technology Officer, TextRanch is amazingly responsive and really cares about the client. ", I love being able to see the tracking of the changes! Is there any more common English expression in everyday conversations? He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. 2. God will perfect the works of your hands. It could be them going for a holiday, planning a picnic, etc. Or "How were your holidays?" Like us on Facebook by clicking the like button below: Share TextRanch on Facebook by clicking on the button below. w.attachEvent("onload", loader); I hope all is well. This statement does not mention week and covers anything from a day to a few weeks. Translate Have a great rest of your week. Weve gathered the best options to help you understand what to say instead of have a great rest of your day.. w.addEventListener("load", loader, false); Find the answer you're looking for from 45 million answers logged! "Have a Good Evening" Meaning Wishing someone a good evening is a way of hoping they have a nice end to their day. As a native English speaker, I have seen "have a good week" used commonly in both spoken and informal written communication. HOUSE & HOME. Everyone . You are the definition of excellence, my love; I see the heights of success you will attain. ", a real person to guide me, instead of some AI :)", The best feature of this service is that the text is edited by a human. We hope you have a good rest tonight. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our Terms of Service. You need to add a payment method to get our special promo , Enter your email below to get instant access to the first Chapter of our Ebook, We're so happy that you liked your revision! I hope you've had your coffee already. Its a common farewell phrase when you are saying goodbye to someone earlier in the day. Go in there and kill it. [You don't print the syllabus on the pretty yellow papers anymore?] Is it correct to say "Have a nice rest of the week!" It shows that you put their health first and do not want to pressurize the other person into doing something. and the result is so good!! on The Different Ways To Wish A Happy Start Of The Week, The Different Ways To Wish A Happy Start Of The Week. Qualified Editors Native English experts for UK or US English. I Will. You can use this statement when theres an important event or happening expected to occur. "How was your holiday?" Enjoy the rest of your day is the other phrase used in the long-winded have a great rest of your day. It works well for how to say have a great rest of your day more concisely.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'grammarhow_com-banner-1','ezslot_19',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-banner-1-0'); It shows that you want someone to make the most of the time in their day. ", Thank you TextRanch. This is a nice and upbeat way to begin an informal email. Secondly, if you're looking for a formal alternative, you can use "hope the rest of your day goes well." Lastly, if you're aiming for a more friendly tone, try using "hope the rest of your day is wonderful." Keep reading! s.src = "https://cdn.iubenda.com/iubenda.js"; It is very simple, just add a "big" word before anything you have to say and make it look important even though everyone knows it's not. 10. Leave this page open, and your corrected text will appear as soon as it's ready! estimated time: 30 minutes,directly in your inbox. This gives me more confidence that the context will be correct, which is hard to trust with auto-correction apps", A real person editor is much2 better than a software editor. "Have a great rest of your day" is not grammatically correct. I am not a native English speaker myself but I have heard my native English speaking friends say, "Have a good week (ahead).". So, if you don't want to sound weird, don't use "happy week". 8. It shows you would like to personally wish someone good health or wellness as the day goes on. Far better then the AI tools", This website is fantastic. Remember to use a valid email address. @ErikE Thank you for the advice. It's the best online service that I have ever used! Couper a, deux semaines de repos, il est frais comme neuf. Happy Monday is coined as a short, fun, and direct way to say Happy New week. Fastest Times Our team of editors is working for you 24/7. Still, it can be exciting when you are on vacation. This have a great rest of the week is typically used at the start of the week. elroy said: They are reasonably common in American English, and don't sound translated to me. Be safe. It is a new week. I believe in you. Want more FREE revisions? If you were to insert en dashes, maybe: i.e. You are using an out of date browser. + Read the full interview, I love that TextRanch editors are real people who revise the text and provide feedback it makes it so personal. ", Human who is reviewing my question not automated machine. Here are the Different Ways To Wish A Happy Start Of The Week. Please click the link that we've sent to this address to post your question to our experts.Ok, I'll check my email. It will work well if you know someone already has fun things lined up, as it shows you were listening and want them to enjoy themselves. } else { For example, you might say it during the early afternoon. Editors on TextRanch are super helpful! Last weeks wins were just the starting point. Register to get your text revised right away for FREE . good repose. I hope the rest of your day is wonderful. Have A Nice Rest synonyms - 7 Words and Phrases for Have A Nice Rest. Get it corrected in a few minutes by our editors. Setting your Language Level helps other users provide you with answers that aren't too complex or too simple. After that, we discuss the correctness of the phrase have a great rest of your day. Should you use an alternative instead? As a non-native English speaker, I have a question: Can I write (and say) "Happy week everyone" to wish a good/happy week? Your intentions will help pick the perfect message to send. Weve provided some example sentences for our formal and informal alternatives, alongside a further explanation of what settings you can use them in. Welcome to a new week, sweetheart. ", I believe its going to smooth business communications", I am really satisfied with the answer and turnaround time. You are sending warmth with a message. 5. Its a bright new week, and you are still the same old shit, but I love you all the same. ", I love how the editors make my work so much better. Therefore, we wouldnt recommend using this synonym in your professional emails, for instance. When we say " have a good evening," we are saying goodbye and hoping that the person enjoys the evening. It's me again. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. It shows you would like someone to have a good day, regardless of how much time is left in the day. Both phrases sound a bit "translated" to me. ", Excellent, I truly loved this textRanch for quick revision. Our mission is to help you choose the right phrase or word for your emails and texts. tag.parentNode.insertBefore(s, tag); Happy new week. (The comma after "week" is necessary.) It shows people you want them to have fun or entertain themselves. J'adorerai de bons calmants et une semaine de repos. 4. If we didn't meet your expectations, we'd really like to know more. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. w.onload = loader; ;)". I like most the human factor. Thank you. Are there any canonical examples of the Prime Directive being broken that aren't shown on screen? Happy Monday is coined as a short, fun, and direct way to say Happy New week. You should use this when you feel like someone could do with a little morale boost. Today more than 1001 people got their English checked. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. "Have a good rest-of-the-day". var loader = function () { You can end your speech by saying best wishes for the week ahead to show your support to your team and acknowledge the challenges they have to deal with. There is no cost to keep your TextRanch account, and we store all of your past revisions in a secure and private manner. Take it easy for the rest of the day, okay? Linguazza.com website aggregates word and phrase usages for educational and informational purposes Is it correct to say "Have a nice rest of the week!" at the end of an email? Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right Take A Rest vs. Have A Rest Difference Explained, 12 Better Ways To Say Have A Great Weekend, 7 Other Ways to Say I Wish You the Best, 9 Other Ways to Say Im Good At on a Resume, 10 Polite Ways to Say No Visitors after Surgery, 11 Best Ways to Say Im Here for You to a Loved One, 10 Professional Ways to Say I Am Not Feeling Well. It shows you want everything to get back to normal. There is no cost to keep your TextRanch account, and we store all of your past revisions in a secure and private manner. "Ken" means the "Be careful carrying the heavy stone." Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. If you worry about someone burning themselves out, a phrase like this will work wonders. Happy New week. "I love you". I hope your day goes well. See you again soon. Thanks to TextRanch, I was able to score above 950 on TOEIC, and I got a good grade on ACTFL OPIC as well. Detailed examples are given in this article.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'howigotjob_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_6',191,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-howigotjob_com-medrectangle-3-0'); You can also send inspiring and short messages to wish someone a great week.