Heres how it works. During an interview withSouthern Weddings in 2014 long before any HGTV success Erin spoke about her thoughts on money dedicated towards decorating. Photos courtesy of the individual members. 2: 'We Didn't Know If It Was Possible', Ben Napier Reveals He Struggled to Pay His College Tuition at Ole Miss: 'I Sold Plasma, Traded Vehicles', 'We're Having Another Baby!' This can help the client to calm down and also allow you both to talk professionally about next steps. During a second procedure, doctors discovered the cause of the extremely rare condition: a perforated appendix. What happened to John Combe from 'Home Town'? Laurel is a fun visit. Your email address will not be published. ", In keeping with the idea that everything the Napiers touch turns to gold, properties they've renovated tend to hit the market with massive price tags attached. We were interviewed several times. HGTV's 'Home Town' Stars Ben and Erin Napier Reveal the Biggest Problem They Face in Season 4, Ben and Erins Home Town Has Two More Residents: Their Two Daughters, What's Ben and Erin Napier's Net Worth? I love how much they actually care about their town. We had a well-known and longtime business owner call us up to tell us that of course Greg Burroughs got special treatment, we all get special treatment, and he told us that with not even an ounce of guilt associated with it. Many of you know the Jones County area was hit with tornadoes recently. Distractify is a registered trademark. I fell in love with the wallpaper in the bathroom and wondered if you or anyone at the production company could tell me where I could purchase it. The down-to-earth pair frequently shares intimate looks into their lives and their home on Instagram and Erin's blog. Get the Look. There was a problem saving your notification. If you can't be on the show, you can still cultivate the Home Town look in your own home. Make sure you watch this coming Monday, for a Watch party with Ben & Erin. One person wrote, "John, loved you on Home Town. The producers also advised, "We are looking for homes of all types, shapes, and sizes in Laurel and require that you have a renovation budget that fits the needs of your new home." No matter what the verdict ends up in Greg Burroughs trial, no one is going to be able to bring Katherine Sinclair back, but we certainly should honor her memory by being brave, standing up for whats right, calling out our elected leaders and law enforcementofficials for their corrupt double standards and by making sure that from this day forward, we as a community start insisting that our public servants serve the welfare of the general public and not at the whim of the rich and powerful. A little more about Jones Bones Dog Treats a little later. Combe worked with Erin and Ben to buy the 1950s home that would serve as a second residence for him. The property is actually called The Combe House, which had its renovation in early 2020, and now fans are wondering what happened to him. Want to get the biggest stories from PEOPLE every weekday? by Trevor Kimball, June 2, 2010. I just didnt have the time or the knowledge to do so. The couple still goes about their day-to-day lives. WNW winds at 10 to 20 mph, decreasing to less than 5 mph.. A clear sky. RP: Did you really not see the house before the reveal? Selena Gomezs Infamous Organ Donor Francia Raisa Was Asked About Alleged Feud Amidst The Only Murders Stars Taylor Swift Comments, Eyebrowgate, 9-1-1 Just Got Canceled By Fox, But Actually Its Not Bad News, Kenan Thompson Explains Why Hes Excited For Pete Davidson To Host Saturday Night Live. Its why Greg Burroughs got to spend a year hanging out at the Laurel Country Club instead of being locked up behind bars after being charged with taking the life of a 23-year-old young woman, whom Im sure he viewed as nothing more than his property to dispose of at his whim. He began working with the brand as an Editorial Intern in early 2020, before later transitioning to a freelance role, and then staff positions soon after. Baffled by the finding, they sent her to another surgeon. "The homeowners' budget usually does allow for lots of pieces they get to keep + the custom pieces @scotsman.co builds for each home and I like to use the homeowner's own . "After you have all the contracts signed, and they know what your preferences are, they do the design. To see the couple's Craftsman-era home renovations, dubbed the Holloway house, watch Season 4, episode 11 of HGTV's Home Town. But it is wrong. One of them is called "Home Town" and it . In the comments section, Erin received an outpouring of love and support from fans, many of whom said they commend her for being so open. But, Napier's tough side had to come out recently, after she posted a photo of the back of her daughter's head which led some people on Instagram to make mean comments about the little girl and her hair. Its why he called his best friend, Judge Kyle Robertson, before he called 911. Erin Napier Undergoes Throat Surgery, Thanks 'Old Friend' for Looking After Her, HGTV Fans Are Thirsting After 'Home Town' Star Ben Napier as He Shows Off His Custom Kilt, Erin Napier Shares Sweet Throwback Photos with Daughter Helen as She Celebrates Her 5th Birthday, Erin Napier Shares Christmas Photos with Husband Ben and Their Family: 'Best Years of Our Life', The Cutest Photos of Erin and Ben Napier's Growing Family, Erin and Ben Napier Celebrate 14-Year Wedding Anniversary: 'I Am Thankful Every Single Day', Pregnant Erin Napier Jokes About Small Baby Bump at 32 Weeks: 'I Know It's Weird', Ben Napier Surprises Wife Erin with 'Most Luxurious Gift There Is,' Ahead of Her 37th Birthday. As Ben told E! The fact that the little house was my great grandmothers homemade my desire to save it even stronger. When I opened the front door on reveal day there was my ladder standing tall. I'm doing good." Mike also underwent hip surgery last year. Erin Napier posted this caption along with a photo of four member of the Home Town crew, all masked and socially distant per the new guidelines to help keep everyone safe, well, everywhere, but especially as filming takes place on a variety of TV shows and movies. From the welcoming small-town neighborhoods to the plethora of old homes, Laurel is definitely an idyllic Southern burgh we so adore. Your email address will not be published. When I left the party I was again blindfolded and driven back to my car. ", Likewise, the Trest home, renovated during Season 1, went on the market at $210,000, per People. Erin told Country Living, "The biggest piece of advice I've taken away from them is to keep our marriage and our family first the stuff that's been important to us all along and as long as you do that, you're going to be fine.". "People often ask us why we don't do bathrooms or why all the rooms aren't shown on the show," she wrote in a post on Instagram, "and the answer is easy: we design the rooms that our homeowners tell us matter most to them (usually common areas), what their budget will safely cover, and what we have time to do for television since we only have 8 weeks and are renovating 3 other homes in that . Ben admitted to being disappointed by the lack of crew lunches, since everybody had to eat separately for safety reasons. In addition to being the first "Home Town" client with an unlimited renovation budget, the truth aboutCombeis that he was very genuine about his feelings for the Napiers and the town he hoped to call his new home. Simply send an email to Home Town's casting team with details about you who are and why you want to move to Laurel, if you've recently purchased a property or are looking for one and not sure where to begin, and, naturally, your renovation budget. I am hoping there will be news on season 5 soon! He said, "The first time I met Erin was in the cafeteria at Jones County Community College," adding, "I was talking to a group of girls and they said, 'Wow, I love that girl's style.' ", RELATED VIDEO: 'Home Town' Stars Erin and Ben Napier on Fame, Fans and Their Future: "We're Not Fancy Hollywood People". I still enjoy the common things associated with a home, mainly cooking and decorating, but always make time for travel. As the volunteer coordinator for Jones County Tornado relief, she has seen the impact of the community needs following a natural disaster. Read more. They were both on the yearbook team together, and the rest is history. For one, these folks aren't communicating so you have no clue what the issue is or how to address it. RP: Were you considering other houses before deciding to move and renovate? I always liked the idea of living in town? This Home Town couple is very careful with budgets when it comes to renovation. Real Estate Home Town Ben Napier Erin Napier. Its why Robertson, in turn, called LPD Chief Tyrone Stewart. HGTVs renovation series Home Town recently touched on the memory of John Combe, a client who left a lasting memory on the show. That sounds really good to me." They also provide items for the show quite often and have had scenes shot inside the shop. ", The Truth About John Combe From Home Town. You can read the condolencesthat poured in from viewers of "Home Town" on Twitter and on sites likeEchovitathat list Combe's obituary. He lives in Laurel. I dont think its more lax, just different. Hoping your recovery was good." And Mike replied, "Thank you! I loved it too and was thrilled to get to meet Rena in person. Home Town follows married couple Ben and Erin Napier as they help create the perfect homes for their fellow residents of Laurel, Mississippi. I knew the ceiling was going to be vaulted so I did reach out to Erin and told her that I had an old Library Ladder that I wanted her to use if at all possible. I was asked some very detailed questions from Erins survey and questions. I loved it as a teenager when I took photos of it that I deemed creative. Keep reading to learn more. "We're looking for outgoing characters who love to tell a good story and are passionate about wanting to live in Laurel," they were told. "It became two days, then three." Man, not a good look, Instagram commenters. Im gonna look and see if I can find more details. Using found materials and old textiles, they're keeping the character of these classic homes but giving them modern and affordable updates. Panic attacks and spiraling thoughts come rushing in," she added. Greg Burroughs is the product of a system of privilege, corruption and power that has governed Laurel and Jones County for more than a century and we let it happen. Jones Bones Dog Treats started out of my need to create and do something new. With the ultimate small-town vibe, the show makes us feel like we, too, live in Laurel. Yet, that's not the case. 3? But it's very much the characters in the town. Worse, you've not only . For me start to finish for me was April until October. These hospital photos were taken in 2014, at the end of my 10 year illness from (unknowingly) a perforated appendix," the Home Town star began the caption of her post, which included two pictures with family in the hospital, as well as two page excerpts from the book she and her husband and co-star Ben Napier penned years ago. Checking back? Rena was as nice and friendly in person as she appears on her episode. For more on what to watch in the new year, check out our guide to all the early 2021 debuts! Everyone should be treated equally under the law. Its one of my favorite shows of all time! When we saw the workers place concrete pads and top them with cinder blocks, we really hoped that was a temporary solution. .css-2x3ibz{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;display:block;margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;font-family:Kepler,Helvetica,Arial,Serif;font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.2;font-weight:normal;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-2x3ibz:hover{color:link-hover;}}42 Best Bedroom Paint Color Ideas for 2023, How to Remove Wallpaper Without Damaging Drywall, Makeover Takeover: A Magical Before & After, Don't Miss the New HGTV Show from Cheap Old Houses, The Ultimate Guide on How to Paint a Dresser, The Best Kitchen Remodel Ideas You'll Want to Try, This New Jersey Home Is a Dog Lover's Dream, This Farmhouse Kitchen Went From Dated to Dreamy. I was hanging on to every word. One time I had to go to my moms house, which of course was right next to the little house. This is where Erin takes the time to write about what she is grateful for in life. "I'm tired of big, big cities, and I fell in love with the town of Laurel. It was an amazing sight to see. It makes sense that HGTV wouldn't be able to show everything within the constraints of a 30-minute episode, and anyone who's ever purchased a home can relate to the idea of prioritizing funds to the most pertinent parts of the project. RP: How long was it between when it was finished and it aired? Thanks to a recent piece from Realtor.com, we now have new firsthand intel on that experience. Ben continued on to say, "It took six days," noting, "I hugged her for the first time on a Tuesday, at the yearbook meeting, and we spent every minute that we could together for the next six days. Thank you for sharing yourself with so many of us. It makes me think of old farm houses I saw all around Arkansas and would love to fix up. We hope that you continue to enjoy our free content. 'Home Town' Star Ben Napier Gave His In-Laws the Most Touching Present By Dan Clarendon Feb. 12 2021, Updated 1:29 p.m. Check them out. This is already impressive, but even more so applause-worthy is the number of posts Erin shares.