I'm learning and will appreciate any help. Ubuntu won't accept my choice of password. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. What are the arguments for/against anonymous authorship of the Gospels. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. When enqueue-ing, use the PHP function time() to grab the current time and use it as the version. suggested above just press ctrl+f5 instead of just f5. after adding or changing the css properties in css_2-play.css, change the CSS file name into something.css. Enclose the entire block of code between lines of three backticks. If either of the answers helped you solve the problem, please make sure to accept it! I know this question already has an accepted answer that works fine, but I wanted to mention another solution that's a little simpler. "Make sure your server is sending the correct caching information for the file." Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. How to change the cursor into a hand when a user hovers over a list item? Just type in live server. On Mac OS (in Chrome) use: Cmd + Shift + R. This will force your browser to reload and refresh all the resources related to the website's page. Another set of problems comes with CSS prefixes these are a mechanism originally used to allow browser vendors to implement their own version of a CSS (or JavaScript) feature while the technology is in an experimental state, so they can play with it and get it right without conflicting with other browser's implementations, or the final unprefixed implementations. Either delete cache by going to delete history and deleting caches or as Why refined oil is cheaper than cold press oil? Can the :not() pseudo-class have multiple arguments? Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Can I use an 11 watt LED bulb in a lamp rated for 8.6 watts maximum? The css changes are visible again realtime. Restarting the server process is the only way for Django to reflect changes in code (not templates). CloudFlare has Development mode that you can enable for 3hrs. What does the "yield" keyword do in Python? Include the standard non-prefixed version after the prefixed style declaration; it will be ignored if not supported and used when supported. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. It also work for javascript scripts. rev2023.5.1.43405. What should I follow, if two altimeters show different altitudes? freeCodeCamp's open source curriculum has helped more than 40,000 people get jobs as developers. For someone who still encounter this problem, i hope this can help you. I had 2 different templates created with the, http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en. In general, most core HTML and CSS functionality (such as basic HTML elements, CSS basic colors and text styling) works across all the browsers you'll want to support; more problems are uncovered when you start wanting to use newer HTML, CSS, and APIs. How do the interferometers on the drag-free satellite LISA receive power without altering their geodesic trajectory? WordPress is a trademark of the WordPress Foundation, registered in the US and other countries. I had the same problem Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. To do this you can change your stylesheet reference to something like. This may be a result of your server config, some hosting providers enable "Varnish" on your domain. You're enqueue will look something like this: And if you're loading the stylesheet with html, your code will look like this: Not sure why nobody has posted this solution. The workflow is as follows. Assuming IIS - adding the key under with the right settings in the root or the relevant folder does the trick. Then you can delete it again. For HTML, validation involves making sure all your tags are properly closed and nested, you are using a DOCTYPE, and you are using tags for their correct purpose. CSS file and see whether it contains your latest changes. I believe the optimal solution in this scenario is to timestamp your css. I guess this might be a better option to check cached contents on CloudFlare or CDNs. If using a prefix, make sure it is needed; that the property is one of the few remaining prefixed features. The user either has to clear the browser cookie & reload the page or else he or she has to do a hard refresh of the page by pressing Ctrl+F5. Basically, it is a matter of checking whether your HTML and CSS code is well formed and doesn't contain any syntax errors. Or you might find that HTML generated by some kind of third party API (generating ad banners, for example) includes a class name or ID that you are already using for a different purpose. The button has a number of declarations that style, but the two we are most interested in are as follows: Here we are providing an RGBA background-color that changes opacity on hover to give the user a hint that the button is interactive, and some semi-transparent inset box-shadow shades to give the button a bit of texture and depth. You can still refer to them by their names, and style them with CSS, for example you just need to make sure they are behaving as you want them to. WP Fastest Cache, for example, can create this problem if you don't remember to log into the WP dashboard and click on "Clear Cache --> Delete Cache and Minified CSS / JS" up in the nav menu. For instance, a file called. Example: /css/main.min.css becomes /css/main.min-1422585377.css in the code that will be served back to the client (browser). I've had many people ask me how the browser gets refreshed automatically while I'm coding, without clicking the reload button. In addition, different devices can have a range of different resolutions, meaning that smaller images could appear pixelated. To sort this out, we have added a second background-color declaration, which just specifies a hex color this is supported way back in really old browsers, and acts as a fallback if the modern shiny features don't work. You can try hard refreshing the page For chrome/chromium browsers: Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R both works for me. Browser Cache. If you are adding/modifying CSS or JavaScript in files, the file itself may be cached. This can be especially problematic when you are using third party code. You could either disable cache (but remember to enable it when the site goes live), or modify href of your link tag, so the server will not load it from cache. Store a reference to this element in a variable, for example: Now try to set a new value for the CSS property you are interested in on that element; you can do this using the, Reference material with browser support information for client-side web technologies, e.g. Are there any canonical examples of the Prime Directive being broken that aren't shown on screen? Then it should be OK. Click on the "Go Live" button and the localhost (assigned to a port number) should start on your default browser. You also can load your style using direct url and then press ctrl+r (ctrl+f5) to refresh it. That is the reason those new changes will not appear to the user. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Which ability is most related to insanity: Wisdom, Charisma, Constitution, or Intelligence? With the scene set, we'll now look specifically at the common cross-browser problems you will come across in HTML and CSS code, and what tools can be used to prevent problems from happening, or fix problems that occur. This maybe old. I am creating a website, but when I made changes to the stylesheet on my site, and I refreshed the site, none of the changes were there. Every other avenue was pursued, right down to disabling the caching entirely for the site and also for the local browser (like ENTIRELY disabled for both), still didn't do the trick. The easiest way, Browser not responding to the changes made to my code, WordPress Theme development: The new CSS code I'm writing not being applied. Accidentally renamed the file and not noticed. For template files (.htm/html) I have never had to restart my server for those changes to be reflected, so that may be local cache in the browser. There is no mention of cpanel in the question or tags. You can stop the dev server by pressing ctrl+c in the terminal too. Get a storage access key from Storage Account > (your account) > Settings > Access keys > key1 > Should a browser not support an input type, the user can still enter the required data. For example, at the time of writing, this page on MDN has a logo with an ID of. I have headaches over this problem when dev'ing. Which ability is most related to insanity: Wisdom, Charisma, Constitution, or Intelligence? For example, you might use a CSS framework and find that one of the class names it uses clashes with one you've already used for a different purpose. For example, we searched for "disabling autofocus on HTML dialog" on SO, and very quickly came up with Disable showModal auto-focusing using HTML attributes.