LG Washer - Why is There No Water in My Front Load Washing Machine They all mildewed. These washers should be built for everyday water and bleach use. Please read my reply to Others concerning this Issue!!! Well see. It is rusting around the bleach dispenser and the bottom of the top of the bowl. Put me on board we have one of these rusty washers as well almost new machine Ill never buy and Lg product again not to mention its balance issue and likes to destroy other things. Almost $2000 for both. I did a search about this issue and found this page. I am just so upset. The titanium touch-up paint does not match the door finish. In the back of my dryer theres a little orange nozzle apparently for the steam option is completely rusted away. Is it too late for us to join the class action? This is ridiculous. Top is rusting in many places. For Kenmore or LG washers purchased at Sears or Kmart; toll-free at (888) 812-2935, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT Saturday, or online at www.sears.com and click on Customer Service Home then Product Recalls in the Product Information section. Now we have to spend mo eye on a new washer. Surely a washing machine should last more than 5 years? I have same rust problem around bleach dispenser. This washer is only 3 years old and already rusting!? The work-horse of the house can slosh and move and go about its business which could cause moisture or chemicals entering underneath the tray in that tiny grooved space. I thought they were reputable but the last 4 appliances I bought using their recommendation were junk. My LG is so rusted around the bleach dispenser that I no longer use it. She said they can deny it. I have the same issues for quite a long time now myself. We have only had the machine for about 4 years. Probably to costly??? Weve had our LG washer for 12 years and its deposited rust stains on clothing, most of the top area is rusted, especially around the soap and softener dispenser, we have bits of rust flaking off into the utility tub when it drains, and now some rubber type stuff is flaking off in small bits all over everything. I try wiping it down every time I use it, Cleaning it, but rust still keeps coming out. The bleach cup should have had a larger lip around it. Please add me to the class action suit if there is one on this issue. I hope something is being done to help with this expensive issue. In my long lifetime, I have never had an issue like this. It has ruined numerous clothes of ours. I always bought Sears washers in the past (Whirlpool) and never had this problem. My LG washer is starting to rust right side of bleach dispenser. I never use Clorox bleach or clothes softeners. Loose/broken drive belt. We like you have been finding damaged clothes off and on for more than a year. This machine has been staining my whites forever. Once it starts on the metal, you have to get all if it because if you dont clear it all out down to bare metal it will continue. LG Washing Machine Leaking When your LG washer is leaking, there are a few common causes that might be to blame. Nothing wrong with the machine. This machine becoming a teal problem and to top all off is using lots of water I have the same problem it started about three years after buying it late 2012 and continue to be an issue with ruining clothes that it was washing and now it sounds like its going to fall apart same thing that happened when it was delivered trying to wash clothes it sounded like it was going to blow up my mother had a washing machine for 25 years and it was still good this LG product was supposed to be the best at the time and we paid a lot of money for it and I had never had a new washer before now I can trust all over my clothes and they hardly get washed correctly you have to wash twice in order for them to be clean I dont think this class action should have been dropped this is a big problem still. I am sick of my clothes coming out with these flakes every load.and I have to use a sticky lint brush to remove them. Cheap Chinese steel. Any replacement parts for the ENERGY STAR Qualified LG 4.7 cu. The goober repairman they sent out insisted it was cosmetic and I had chipped it! 6 Most Common LG Washing Machine Problems and Solutions - KCSCFM I have tried to do a claim through LG it been 2 months and nothing has happened . Other parts inside are slowly dusting. Can I join a class action against them? Most Common Washing Machine Troubleshooting Problems. Included me my LG washer is dusting under the bleach cup Ours was purchased in 2015 or 2016 from Home Depot. Please add me to the class action lawsuit. We have replaced the top through Home Depot where it was purchased, only to have it reoccur. This product is garbage and I also wonder why the class action was dismissed.?! They just had to replace the compress and main board on an expensive refrigerator. Same here, just had LG fridge less than two years old and they replaced the compressor with newer technology. I will NEVER purchase an LG product again. Has anyone found how to fix it? You apparently have several other Plaintiffs ready to file class action lawsuit. I have the same issue about the top load washer rusting around the top and ruining my clothes. These are very expensive..Should not be happening. such links, we may receive a commission, but it will not result in any additional charges to you. My Moms dishwasher is from the 80s and still work great. our LG (life isnt good) washer is also rusting out. ft. Ultra Large Capacity High-Efficiency Top Load Washer with WaveForce, Model # WT5070CW can be ordered from from our Authorized Parts Distributor Affiliate: Encompass Parts Distribution 775 Tipton Industrial Dr. Suite F Lawrenceville, GA 30046 Sales: 866-779-7906 Fax . I have an idea seems there are over 200 people with the same issue how about a new class action lawsuit since the original (only representing CA and MI) class action was missed in June 2019. LG is still top rated by Consumer Reports, but appears to be the front loaders. If cars undercarriages was built like this we would all be in trouble. Purchased our LG Washer in 2017 and it started rusting in 2021. While on the phone I came across this thread. As soon as I mentioned the class action lawsuit and the many other people having the same issue, she said she would put in a request to have LG come out to repair it at their cost. I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it . It is the top of the line for 2012. I work very hard for my money and LG could care less. Another reliable way to get rid of rust is white vinegar. My washer has lots of rust!! Model numbers and serial information can be found on two labels affixed to the back of the machine. Same issue rusting out around the bleach dispenser. Rusting area is all around the top inside rim of tub; worst on both sides of detergent dispenser. Now I see that this is a standard problem with the LG washers. asks from Mount Laurel, NJ on February 23, 2015 9 answers. Pun intended! 12 Washing Machine Brands to Avoid [with Recall Data] - Upgraded Home The screw on the lid rust also!! Newer models come with plastic top so LG new the problem! Plaintiffs argue that LG should have foreseen that washer tops, which are subject to wet, humid conditions, may be more prone to rusting. My LG washing machine started rusting about 2years after l purchased it. Rust is in the bottom of my LG washing machine and there is no way to remove it. Nine related injuries have been . I bought an lg direct drive from Best Buy in November 2019. Same issues have sanded and tried sealing several times now its completely through the surface, NO MORE LG for us. After reading this I went upstairs and sure enough right where the bleach goes in is the worst area. I have damaged so many comforter, sheets, clothing with rust stains. I think LG should replace the tops, bleached lines, bleach dispenser! The rust spread all around, and as it. Within a few years it started rusting around the bleach dispenser. HI EVERYONE I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. Top loading LG washer has severe rust around the bleach dispenser area. A work-horse product such as a washing machine shouldnt be expected to be babied. The company shouldnt wait for further destruction to the public. Or LG washer started dusting out 6 months ago. Original owners may qualify for purchase price refunds plus a cash settlement up to $400. LG will say its your fault. In conversation with LG, I was told it was a cosmetic issue well, its a cosmetic issue now that we have rust stains on all our clothes! Noticed Samsung now makes there tops of machines out of plastic. I thought buying LG would be great since every Samsung appliance has been crap. We had a basic Maytag washer prior to this high-end LG. please add me. So we will be replacing it. Piece of garbage. Also, rust is like a disease. Their customer service told me they would do something about this and never bothered to call back. This shouldnt be happening and LG needs to take responsibility and make this right with their customers. Would have been cheap for them to have painted it right to begin with. Over the years is has gotten worse and I am now looking to purchase a new one. I bought the extended warranty but when the tech came he said it was cosmetic and they would not repair or replace. I am sure LG knows this is a Quality Issue. Have to replace now because my clothes are spotted with rust stains all over. RLM20K WD-10271BD WD-11275BD WD-13276BDM WD-90282BD WDP2W. I dont use bleach dispenser anymore. They did offer to send an authorized repairman out to check it out but said any repairs would be my responsibility. I actually had a kitchen aid 18 years and never rusted near the bleach cup. Had a Kenmore top loader with same bleach set up for more than 10 years without a speck of rust! I have one of the affected units in this recall and show you guys how to fix the potential. Contacted LG in regard to my washer purchased in 2011 or 2012. I have not attempted to contact LG yet, but the rust has spread all around the bleach dispenser and we now have rust spots where the door opens (around the hinges). Its disgusting. The LG technition came out for the water pump told me to call back Best Buy So Im trying to get this resolved???? It took forever to finally decide & purchase the best washer for us but I guess we were wrong in this case!!!! I WILL PUSH FOR A NEW ONE BUT DOUBT IT. He and I went back and forth for 30 minutes about the COLOR! I have the same rust problem and would like to join the class action. Heres some facts. No rust is taking over the lid. I would like to address the people at LG who make the decisions ; put their big boy pants on, and own up to their biggest faux pas ever. I only used bleach every few months and stopped completely over 5 years ago. Now I call & they tell me that there is no history of my complaint. I paid a lot of money on this HE washing machine. Now, so many of us need new machines and we certainly arent going to buy LG ones and arent going to recommend LG to anyone we know. I fear my machine will rust out before the rest of the machine wears out!!! Will never buy another lg product. It is comical to say the rust is due from using the machine in the manner in which it was designed. I would like to join a class action suit if another arises. 07-27-2020 12:57 PM (Last edited 10-22-2020 10:57 AM by MsBri1 ) in. I cant tell you how many pieces of clothing have been ruined before I figured out what was going on. That judge obviously doesnt own an LG washer. Have you heard anything? Please let me know how I can add my name. We have same problem with our LG model WT4870C. I have the same problem. Will need to buy another washer machine. The water outlet started rusting at about the two year mark and progressively worsened. Ridiculous. They blame it on the consumer. Do yourself a favor and not deal with aggravation because they dont use the right material in a washer to stop this rusting !! So, I started being very careful. LG Front Load Washer Repair - Rusted Out Inside-I found out why. And yes i am dealing with the same issue if everyone that has this issue would take pictures of their rust issue and flood their website with this problem for the consumers who are going to purchase their products and the site where you purchased also pictures to that website you have to hit them in their pockets cause they are not going to repair anything and there is right now a class action suit for the condensers in their lg Refrigerators so i am posting pics on every website that i can find that carries their product as well as calling the BBB here where i live if you cant hurt them one way hurt them Another!!! My son called me and said his 3 yr.old model is rusting. I cant get my clothes clean because it is spraying rust out on my final rinse. Ive always cared for my machine and wiped it down after each use and it still rusted. LG Waveforce Washing Machine Rusting Top Replacement Save $1000 This is obviously an example of poor design and quality. We have the same exact problem with our washer too in Sturbridge, MA. It has gotten worse recently to the point that 3 garments are completely destroyed by rust stains. What should we do now? They want us to pay for any repairs. If no water flows out, soak a towel with hot water and place it around the faucet to warm it for 5 minutes. TB What do we need to do? While one top is in use we recondition the extra top and put it in storage. Faulty parts and poor warranty. I have contacted good guys but since its past the warranty period they referred me back to LG. My washer is a top load, True Balance, Top of the line appliance. LG is at fault, not the consumer. This compromises the washers ordinary purpose, meaning that consumers are allegedly not getting what they paid for. I even bought the extended warranty and paid for it for several additional years before deciding not to renew it and now this. I have tried contacting L.G. I bought a new LG set in 2018. I followed their manual to the letter and Now I know they believe me to be an ignorant and stupid consumer. I am finding it very stressful and that is why I checked this website. No warranty and the company didnt care. A few months later there was rust all over my clothing. POS !!! I also have this problem with my Lg top load washer I bought in 2012. I have the same exact problem with rust and the bleach cup and my towels and clothes getting ruined! People laugh at me when I wear my shirts and other clothes that I somehow still have since I was in high school. That only lasted a few months before the rust started coming through. I looked at my Written complaint I made may 22,2020 where I said I would buy another LG washing machine after mine rusted was incorrect. I called LG about the problem after 2 yrs into my purchase. I have the same rust issue problem. I have the same issues, and it wasnt because of bleach splash. Costco is having me go through a insurance company for this matter. In 2006, LG overstated energy efficiency on five of its air conditioner models and was again required to offer consumers rebates to cover the extra energy costs. I feel its a crap shoot though as quality seems to be a thing of the past. This is not a part that can be replaced, unless they replace the entire top part of the washer, if that is even possible. If anyone can help in any ways please reply. Who can I contact to have this issue properly corrected. I have used/owned about 15 washing machines in my lifetime, but have NEVER had/seen a washer literally RUST-OUT!!! On top of that Ive ruined a lot of expensive clothing using my 2017 LG top loader washer. These washers should be built for everyday water and bleach use. I called Customer Service to find out that there is not a local LG authorized dealer, inspite of the fact that I got their name from the LG website. All other parts are available, only the part that is causing this issue can not be found anywhere online. The rust has since spread to the drum. A company is only as good as their customer service is and theyve done a big FAIL on this. Well I dont pour Clorox on the hinges. LG actually came to my home to look at the washer and claimed it to be cosmetic. If they dont fix it, well be steering away from LG. Noticed the rust starting around the bleach dispenser area. I now have a hole adjacent to the dispenser. 3 years rusted all the way through. My washer also has the rust issue and I want to join the lawsuit. I think I have written here before but have never heard from anyone. Were having the same problem. I cant afford to buy another machine. UE messages even with little laundry and rust on the bleach dispenser Now its so rusted. Weve been looking at buying another washing machine. I would also like to know how to join the lawsuit. I am looking into the Samsung washing machines. LG Washer Recall How To Fix Issues - YouTube I never use bleach and my lid is completely rusted in the hinge area where there is no way I can dry off excess water. Called lg and they said since it wasnt still under they wouldnt be able to help. I got my first LG front loading washing machine in 2014. It seems that my bleach dispenser is OK, but cannot see around it. My LG washer is also rusting around the bleach dispenser. After reading this I am now in disbelief. We have to replace the machine. In this Class Action Law Suit the company stood their ground that essentially consumers were stupid as if we didnt read the instructions that said not over fill, only use liquid bleach and make sure to wipe off bleach if it comes in contact with the washers paint. LG Washer - Error Code List | LG USA Support I have rust around the bleach dispenser that is spreading and there is nothing I can do about itwhen this wash machine goes I will never buy an LG againone person doesnt make a difference to a large company but maybe when their sales decline due to all of us not buying again they will do somethingtake pictures if you do get rid of your machine. If cars undercarriages was built like this we would all be in trouble. Warm the disconnected water supply hose in warm water below 50C. I own a LG washer, dryer, refrigerator and stove and would exchange all of them in a second; extremely poorly made and engineered products and absolutely no customer support. 1-877-465-6937 for Sales and Product Assistance. We have replaced it a few times and it still continues to break so we have to use the machine without the cap, hoping nothing else goes wrong, even while our clothes still get damaged spots on them religiously. I will check the underside of the cup to see how bad the rust has spread. Do yourself a favor and not deal with aggravation because they dont use the right material in a washer to stop this rusting !! Also, the judge that dismissed it I hope they are no longer sitting as a judge. Santa Barbara. The lawsuit was dismissed 3 years ago. We investigated our machine further and after removing tub noticed the tub hub on top of outside tub was horribly corroded. I am having the same issue with the rusted bleach dispenser. Started rusting a few years later. Is there anything we can do to make LG responsible. I would hope the company would make people aware of this rusting problem before they buy one and reimburse those who have purchased their product. is now outsourcing their HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TOO!!! Ive ruined more linens and whites with rust stains before I realized what was causing them. Same rust problems starting at the bleach dispenser . Especially since its supposed to be stainless steel! How can we join this lawsuit? I have an LG washer thats only 2 years old and the inside of it next to the detergent tray is rusting, and when I contacted LG customer service they basically told me its my fault the washer is rusting, and need to find a local repair shop. The tops are allegedly defective and begin to rust within months or a few years of purchase. We still fall under the 10 year warranty that the manufacturer offers, yet, my mom attempted to call and the representative had mentioned that she had to partner up with the location where she purchased the product from. This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens. i also so have rust around my lg bleach dispenser i has ruined alot of my cloths ! How do I get in on the class action lawsuit? I have the rust issue near bleach dispenser as well. I finally just said We are DONE here, you can leave my house now! On my LG WASHER the area around the bleach receptical has rusted and so has the bottom of the washer front. I called as it was still under warranty. We have the same rusting problem. I have not abused my machine and consider this a manufacturers defect. Now, Im seeing rust spots on ALL my clothing. It starts around the bleach dispenser and quickly spreads to the rest of the top of the washer. Leaks on the side of the blue bleach dispenser. I have to vaccuum the inside before washing a load. Rash of Rusting Appliances Has Consumers Rattled - Reviewed TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED! Not only rust issues. Can I join this suit also? I contact? So I dont agree that it is consumer error. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ALL. Same problem with my LG. I would like to join this class as well I purchase my LG washing machine in Saratoga springs NY at Sears 4 years ago and my warranty I purchase at Sears doesnt cover rust Who you ever think that a washing machine would rust ?? Within 9-10 months the metal area around the plastic insert in the bleach dispenser began to bubble under the paint. No looks like I need a new washer as I dont want the breaking rust falling into my laundry. Disconnect the water supply hose from the washing machine, and then open the faucet to see if water flows out. My LG washing machine is rusting as wellHow do I join the lawsuit and get it replaced? I will NEVER buy another thing made by LG. We shook our laundry out and pieces of rust flew out. When the process adds water the water rises high enough in the fill area to reach the metal top. This is definitely a manufacturing defect. to no avail. The rust around my bleach dispenser has finally caused the plastic bleach cup to fall through the top of the machine and water is pouring out of the space left between the bleach cup and the machine top. My husband and I bought my top loader LG washing machine in 2013 and the whole top of the wash machine Around the bleach cup and the detergent cup is rusted out, I would just like mine to be repaired .. Im happy with it it other than the rust issue. No amount of maintenance, cleaning, or non-spilling, or wiping away of detergents would prevent the Defect.. This explains why. But it kept rusting, and now it looks terrible and I notice rust flaking off in the dispenser. My machine also started rusting at the bleach dispenser and is now rusting all around the top of the machine. My machine is less than 4 years old. On the left side of the washer where the Bleach Fill/Drain is located, it has rusted completely out to the point that rusted metal pieces are building up around the drum and some getting into the laundry. Hey Mark, how did you join the class action? Terrible. The option to add more water water plys is useless as well ..no matter how many times you press that option the water level remains insufficient. How do I join this class? useless!!!! So what is the solution to this existing problem? Privacy Policy | Thanks- www.LGWasherSettlement.com Claims Administrator LG USA Front-Loading Washing Machine Settlement ICA 1801 Market Street, Suite 660 Philadelphia, PA 19103 1-855-856-9355 info@LGWasherSettlement.com Class Counsel Steven A. Schwartz Alison G. Gushue CHIMICLES & TIKELLIS LLP James E. Cecchi CARELLA BYRNE CECCHI OLSTEIN BRODY & AGNELLO PC NOT SO!!!! What a joke!! I have reached out to LG and waiting for a response. I have the same issue with rust. Now it has rusted all around the dispenser and we also noticed rust forming around the hinges of the lid. Our LG washer is only 3 years old. Share you leg rust on social media. View WT5070CW.ABWEEUS warranty information & schedule repair service. all around bleach dispenser. LG should reimburse or provide a repair for something like this IMMEDIATELY! Rust developed within about a year. How do we participate in this class action suit? We spend money for appliances and they dont last ruining our clothes ! How do you join this lawsuit. We purchased It in 2012. My washer is also rusting! It has gotten worse and worse. Today the cover inside bottom middle of the drum sheared off. Please read my reply to the other customers complaint about this issue as a matter of fact i am on the phone with them as i am typing this they are not claiming responsibility for this issue so contact the BBB Where you live and post pictures on the site where you purchased as well as LG Website so other buyers will know not to purchase their product hit them where it hurts in their pocket or maybe if enough people complain to the BBB and star posting your pictures to their website because they feel like they are a big company and nobody cant touch them!! If you do not use the correct materials when you making the machines dont make them!!! Now I have discovered that the washing machine is leaking from the bottom of the machine and soaking my tile floor in the laundry room. Put us on the class action lawsuit. Your email address will not be published. I wonder if Consumer Reports gets paid by certain manufacturers? I would like to be added to this, I have the rust problem as well as the fact that the washer put holes in half of the clothes that I have washed and its so rough on all items. We have the LG refrigerator we purchased nine years ago and it quit on us as well needing a new major part which costs $350 . I feel this was a bad design by the manufacturer who makes no warranty for its products! You will be purchasing a new one in few years because its rusted!! Learn More. Its poorly designed, thus LG error.. After being careful about pouring bleach in the bleach cycle and flushing it with water it still rusted. I live in Missouri Please add mr. I would like to participate in this suit. When I said I needed to talk to my husband first, they encouraged my to pay the Technician saying I could get a refund if I changed my mind. Ive tried everything to no avail, the rust is all around the bleach dispenser, also discovered it is all around the top of machine right below the dispenser. I was not able to sand and paint the rim of the machine since it just crumbled away up too high to be a splash guard to the main drum. This is exactly what has happened to me!! https://topclassactions.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. Im sorry to say that these companies are able to get away with their balony in broad daylight. We do not use the bleach dispenser and we have major rust on our LG. Awful design. Getting something new (not LG ever again) as soon as possible. Around the bleach dispenser :(. Same problem here. I also purchased and LG Washer and Dryer in 2012; within the 1st year of purchase, the bleach dispenser on my washer is began to rust and now has corrosion that is damaging clothes and expensive bedding. Who do you contact to report this issue? The washers were sold in white, black, champagne, and ivory colors and include model series WA49B, WA50B, WA51A, WA52A, WA54A, and WA55A. Its now rusted out not only around the dispenser but spread all over the inside top of the lid and down into the drum. Actions does not process claims and we cannot advise you on the