This was Llamas equivalent to the Colt Government model. The pistol was first introduced in the 1940s an, Guns Listing ID: 788815The Llama Micromax is a small semi-automatic pistol that was manufactured in Spain by the now-defunct firearms company, Llama Firearms. Llama Max-I 1911 45 ACP Centerfire Pistol, Llama Model III A 380 ACP Used Trade-in Pistol, Llama MicroMax 380 ACP 7-Round Used Trade-in Pistol with Target Sights and Pearl Grips, Llama MAX-1 1911 45 ACP Police Trade-in Pistol, Llama MAX-I 45 ACP Police Trade-in Pistol (No Magazine), Llama 1911 9mm Police Trade-In Pistol with Wood Grips, Llama MiniMax45 45ACP Police Trade-In Pistol (Magazine Not Included), Llama Max-1 45ACP Police Trade-In Pistol with Front Slide Serrations, Llama Martial 38SPL Police Trade-In Double-Action Revolver, Llama 1911 38 Super Police Trade-In Pistol. Deluxe "Olimpico" model available. Solid or vented rib. The Llama VII was chambered for 9mm Largo, .38 ACP, .38 super, 9mm Parabellum and came it two different versions, a regular 5" length barrel and the Extra with a 5 1/2" barrel. In 1915 Gabilondo sent examples of the pistols to the French government, who were hard-pressed for all sorts of small-arms, even in this early stage of the war. Omni III was a 9mm parabellum pistol with a double stack 13-round magazine, however the first five rounds fed into the action in a single column to reduce the likelihood of jamming. This very early gun, circa 1924, with the lowest recorded serial number, has a fixe, Standard configuration Llama X1 pistol, made 1976, with fixed front and drift adjustable rear sight. It was produced in 9mm Parabellum and 38 Super (8-round capacity), .40 S&W (7-round capacity) and .45 ACP (6-round capacity) with a 3.7-inch barrel. Largo (Bergmann) and .38 ACP calibers. French officials quickly became aware that few of the Spanish Ruby-types had interchangeable magazines, and insisted the manufacturers mark the base of all magazines. Other Spanish manufacturers had copied the Browning since around 1905. The plans were rejected and the plant in Legutiano was closed. the "Olympic" version of the XXII. In 1912, the company was not among those Eibar manufacturers involved in legal action against Fabrique Nationale so it can be assumed that they had not yet begun to sell self-loading pistols based on Browning patents. Llama 1911 .45 - For Sale, Used - Good Condition :: Guns.com Earlier issues had a lanyard ring at bottom of left side of the grip frame, but this ring was omitted in later issues and the grip pieces were redesigned. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These were simply marked with the Ruby trademark and the calibre. Because of the thickness of the magazine well, the arched mainspring housing was reduced in size to allow a better grip for normal sized hands. I took it to an old blacksmith and said Im leaving for Vietnam, tomorrow. I carried it to Vietnam and wore and used it on the river, preferring it to my .45. But with Black Hills ammunition, among the most consistently reliable and accurate ammunition available, results were better than whats typical of older 9mm military pistols. The barrel is 3.7 inches, and the pistol weighs 23 ounces. This pistol is a true compact, however, rather than a short slide on a full-length frame. Gabilondo and Urresti initially made copies of Nagant revolvers in 7.62mm Nagant and 8mm Lebel (these lacked the "gas seal" feature of the originals); as well as Colt New Service, and Vlodog-style revolvers under their own brand. Blacksmith wouldnt say except he was a patriot. Llama Model XV .22 LR Variant-3 - Genitron.com Take out the hammer and mainspring assembly and set aside. A variation of the _gat cookie set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to allow website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Accuracy is gratifying, even though the pistol had a decade of crud on it which had to be cleaned. First, the basic design is very much John Brownings locked-breech single-action pistol. I grabbed a 1984-85 Llama 45 for a song a few years back and it runs super smooth. Browning caliber, original blowback style, dating from about 193'31934, first issued without model designation, with factory catalog designation No. It was fitted with a special Swartz safety, first used by Colt in the 1930s, to prevent accidental discharge when the pistol is dropped on a hard surface. As a locked breach was unnecessary for a pistol in this calibre, it was eliminated, as was the grip safety. Other than that they were nice guns. The Llama 1911 9mm Pistol: Common Problems and Simple Solutions, Diamondback Sidekick DB0500A001 22 LR/22 WMR, Heritage Rough Rider Tactical Cowboy RR22B6-TH 22 LR/22 Magnum, SIG Sauer P938 Legion No. SAAMI Accepts 30 Super Carry As New Standardized Cartridge, SHOT 2022: Federal Premium Announces 30 Super Carry Cartridge, My Shot is Off: How To Sight in a Gun and, Henry 45-70 Lever-Action Rifle Safety Recall, Connecticut Gun Laws 2023: Permit Requirements, Alabama Gun Laws 2023: Permit Requirements, DeSantis Pocket Shot Holster Now Accepts Ruger LCP 380 with Laser. As for accuracy, the pistol could be erratic. Many of these arms were used during the Second World War. However, he appears to contradict himself at the end. Maybe NOT, POF 5PK MP5 The Budget Reverse-Stretch Semi Auto from Pakistan, ATI Schmeisser 5.56/.223 AR15 60 Round G2 MLE Magazines just $39.99 each ~ VIDEO, Survival Deal: Thyrosafe Potassium Radioactive Iodide Tablets $21.95 FREE S&H, Ammo InStock: Remington Ammo 22LR Golden Bullet 36Gr 1400 Round Bucket $104.49, Brownells Coupon Codes www.brownells.com Updated Monthly. Manufacturer and patent markings on left side of slide with the model and, Modified blowback pistol made by Gabilondo y Cia with 3.75 barrel having fixed front and drift adjustable rear sight with shallow serrated rib. He was also an agent of the Spanish secret service, and used his connections to encourage sales to his fellow agents, government departments and police authorities. It was an imitation of Colt Mod. Designed for concealed carry, it featured an extended safety lever, rounded hammer, Swartz safety, 3-dot sight, checkered neoprene grips and contoured trigger-guard. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors. https://www.ammoland.com/2017/07/real-avid-the-pistol-tool/, I did not see a saffron-robed Himalayan mystic flapping around in the video. Comanche revolvers were the flagship of Gabilondo's revolver range produced from 1975 to 1997. Llama never made a Stainless Steel gun as some report them to be, they are all chrome plated either bright or satin. IV This was the original Llama pistol, dating from 1931-32, in 9 mm. Llama Mini Max Sub-Compact 45 II, Mini-Max sub-compact]] It is marked .38 caliber rather than 9 mm. They ALL have advantages and disadvantages (ok, not so many disadvantages with the Python). Some variants marked as "Especial". The statement under the title says the pistol can be challenging. Llama Model VII chambered in 9mm Largo. YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data. Model 12 (XII): .38 Special calibre revolver with 5-inch barrel and service grips. About 710,000 Ruby types were accepted by the French from all sources and by 1920, about 580,000 were still serviceable and in French army stores. J&G Sales currently has a stash of used Llama XIA 9mm 1911's for sale. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. but I can t find a way to run it to get the history. The Micromax was introduced in the 1980s, Standard configuration Llama Especial with 5 inch barrel, having fixed front sight and drift adjustable rear sight. The original magazine had seen better days, but the one I purchased is well made of good material. YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages. never had a problem. Mugica pistols were made between 1931 and 1954, with some interruptions due to the Spanish Civil War and its aftermath.[2]. This is necessary to release the Llamas firing pin. It was an improved version of the earlier Ruby but had a 22-round double-stack magazine. There are no Llama pistols designated as Models XII, XIII, and XIV as these designations have been reserved for and are used on the Llama revolvers. Overview. Get creative! The Llama does not use grip-screw bushings, but rather the bushings are contained in the stocks and the grip screws fit into the grip frame. Both are identical to the Llama Mod. As you can see in the video below I was not disappointed. Typically, the inexpensive pistol is fed the cheapest ammunition available, often unreliable corrosive surplus or third-rate foreign-produced ammo that burns dirty and leaves considerable ash behind. Remove the recoil spring and guide rod from the slide. They were of high quality and have been sold around the world. Llama Max-1 1911 Handgun - Warning: This Llama Spits .45 ACP ~ VIDEO This is located on the left side of the gun, just below the barrel. Lead-bullet handloads with soft bullets are also a possible culprit. Place the weapon on a flat surface in an area with adequate lighting. I also have dozens of Colt and other high end 1911s as well as revolvers, including Pythons, King Cobras, 686s, etc. My examp. Llama Pistols | Sportsman's Warehouse III This was a 9 mm. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Llama 1911 Max-I Single 45 Colt Pistol - nfadefence.com In firing 50 rounds, function was fine, with no failures to feed, chamber, fire, or eject. Remove the firing pin and firing pin spring. I found that most factory hollowpoints would not feed, and some wouldnt even feed the first round from the magazine. Today the name has been revived along with their Llama Max-1 1911 Handgun model available currently in .45 acp. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Fabrinor was able to reschedule the debts in 2002 and again in 2003, but even public listing on the stock market didn't help generate the funds required. Model 24 (XXIV): .22 LR double action blued steel revolver. The rear-sight assembly governing the firing pin is faintly reminiscent of the Walther P38. This is a 1911 pattern semi-automatic pistol chambered in the .380 ACP caliber. Guns Listing ID: 638484Rare! Unless otherwise noted, these reviews carry the guns prices at the time of the original review. This article was clearly written by an author who went into the review with a preconceived ideathat is not supported by facts. Exclusive deals, discounts, new product launches, coupon codes and more. Comes with original Llama plastic grips &, Here is an excellent condition Llama Minimax 45 made by Fabrinor Legutiano and chambered for 45 ACP. I believe the most common cause of failure in the 1911-type pistol is that some shooters will drop the slide on a loaded chamber. Vlodog-style revolvers in 5.5mm Vlodog, .22LR, 6.35mm/.25 ACP, and 7.65mm/.32 ACP. Love it! That is all I am aware of but I c. "SN: A64178. Renamed Comanche III in 1977. Llama especials are very sensitive and will only be comfortable with someone they trust. Show your llama that you are trustworthy. Alexa analytics service - keep track on user informations. A roll pin in the slide is tapped out as well. This was to prevent the possibly fatal consequence at the front line of either not being able to insert a new magazine, or having a loaded magazine detach from the gun in action. I almost bought a Llama .45 a few months ago. Llama Llama Pistol Parts for sale | eBay Work on a new design began in 1931 and culminated in 1932 with a Spanish patent issued on April 12th of that year. Mod. Model 32 (XXXII): .32 S&W long revolver calibre double action steel-framed target revolver. See our shooting impressions below and decide for yourself. This is located on the underside of the slide, and should slide out with a slight tug. $245.00. Current production Llama pistols will show a slide marking with "LLAMA CAL" or "GABILONDO Y CIA VITORIA (ESPANA)" and Llama logo. This specimen was manufactured in 1944. Model 29 (XIX): .22 LR double action steel-framed target revolver. Id rather tighten it up than have to replace it. Llama Pistols for Sale. Place the safety in the "Off" position and your Llama 22 pistol is now loaded and ready to fire. Items are as described. Add to Cart. This is a pre-owned Llama 1911 semi-automatic pistol featuring a 5" barrel chambered in .45 ACP with fixed sights in a blued finish. Llama handgun ejector part T-469 OEM for most 45 Cal 1911 pistols Brand New NICE. I passed because I didnt know,a thing about them. caliber, was issued along with Mod. 2007-2023 Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. While every effort is made to include accurate and correct images, descriptions and pricing for all products, inadvertent errors may occur. I like them all. I wish I had seen this back then, I would have jumped on it.Sounds lime a really good gun. I gave him two options: to carefully polish and radius the feed ramp and chamber, or to order ammunition such as Cor Bon PowRBall, which is a round-nose expanding bullet that usually feeds in pistols that wont feed anything but hard-ball FMJ. Despite its shortcomings, we should all be familiar with the Llama. This is strange for several reasons. However ingenious, the pistol was difficult to make and not revived after the conclusion of the First World War.[1]. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. When first issued no model number was assigned but the factory catalog designation was No. $35. Sales tax will not be added. Quite a good pistol in my opinion although it appears the price has gone up a BUNCH since I bought mine! III. The plunger tube is screwed on. The Bufalo was manufactured in 7.65mm/.32 ACP, and 9mm corto/.380 ACP with seven-, nine-, and twelve-round removable magazines. [2], The Llama M-87 was introduced in 1986. A further improvement of the blowback pattern was undertaken and this second blowback style was issued from 1935 on. It reminded me why extended beavertails and rounded hammers became popular as I did get some hammer bite, but thats not something that cant be remedied at home with a drop-in kit and a couple minutes of time. Military models had a magazine safety, but this could be removed on request for commercial customers. Scarce all steel double stack 1911 style pistol. [8], Comanche III: Renamed Comanche .357 with four- or six-inch barrel, ventilated rib, adjustable rear sight, wide spur hammer. MADE IN SPAIN - .45 ACP Description: Here is a good looking and good working Llama Model IX-C double stack 1911 chambered in .45 ACP. Overall, the Llama is an interesting piece of history, from a day when Spanish makers turned out tons of ironmongery along with a few excellent handguns. Llama 1911 .45 ACP 5" - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 984062039 Americas oldest Second Amendment News outlet. $6.00 shipping. Doing the traditional check of the fit of the safety, I placed the safety on, pressed the trigger, and released the safety. It has the durable parkerized finish that many militaries prefer. Pre-Owned. Omni I was a .45 ACP pistol with a single stack 7-round magazine. This pistol includes the original box, fired case, and (1) magazine. In 1931, company began to produce a semi-automatic pistol based on Colt Model 1911. The Llama IX-C was manufactured from 1994 to 1997. The Llama I was manufactured from 1933 to 1954 and resembled a miniature copy of Colt 1911 in 7.65mm/.32 ACP. Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services. . Similar to previous Gabilondo models it had a nine-round magazine. Grasp the slide with one hand, and pull it off of the frame. Ill get to that. Sellers with highest buyer ratings; Returns, money back; Ships in a business day with tracking; Learn More Top Rated Plus. Very early models were advertised in .45 ACP, 9mm Largo and 7.63mm Mauser. If this is a challenge, then bring it on! Good Luck and God Be With You. Didnt even leave his name. ALTAMONT offers Llama grips for the 22, 32, and 380 small frame models in an Ultima Panel style with slight thumbrest and palm swell for better control. Standard 1911-type magazines could be used in the .45 ACP model, increasing capacity by one or two rounds. The Llamas firing mechanism differs considerably in detail from the 1911. In 1919, Gabilondo introduced the Bufalo, a pistol inspired by the Browning designed FN model 1910. Bore is excellent, Spanish semi automatic handgun, single action, fixed sights and Pachmayr grips. for all. $30.00 Shipping We Accept Visa, Mastercard, Checks, and Money Orders (With personal checks gun will. However, factory literature of 1936-39 shows this model in .45 cal. Quantserve sets the mc cookie to anonymously track user behaviour on the website. That was back in the 80s, early on. But with 1911 prices so high. Llama III .380ACP, Pistol Parts, Barrel. The first Llamas used a magazine much more European in appearance. Left wing liberals would be proud of this author. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. During the Spanish Civil War volunteers in the International Brigade also favoured these early high-capacity weapons. I have owned a Llama 1911 for over 20 years and have NEVER had a issue with it. $199.95. All rights reserved. Continue reading here: Glisenti pistols Fpb, Free 2nd Amendment Gun Rights Silver Coin, Green Beret Master Sergeant Home Security Checklist, Winning Plays Texted To Your Phone That Comes Directly From An Elite Team Of Sharps, Internal External and Terminal Ballistics, High Standard Pistols - Firearms identification, Drop In Auto Sear - AR15 to M16 Conversion. Largo/.38 ACP is identical to Mod. X, with the addition of a grip safety, which was added immediately following World War II. Guns Listing ID: 749603The Llama is a Spanish-made handgun modeled off the Colt 1911. Gabilondo would produce 10,000 guns, carry out overall quality control and arrange delivery to the French authorities. Two World Wars later and John Moses Browning's famous platform is still a favorite among shooters everywhere. Models with an extended 140mm barrel, but standard length slide were available, as were models with selective fire capability. The main problem faced by anyone working with the Llama is parts. Providing work for gunsmiths is a good thing, of course, but I suspect that few owners of this marginal handgun will be willing to pay a high tariff for repairs and improvements to a Llama. The firm also produced parts for other companies.[2]. The extensive trials continued into the 1980s and Llama-Gabilondo proposed first, the Omni series, and then later a new model, the M-82. or Best Offer. $12.00 shipping. This large-framed pistol had a .mw-parser-output .frac{white-space:nowrap}.mw-parser-output .frac .num,.mw-parser-output .frac .den{font-size:80%;line-height:0;vertical-align:super}.mw-parser-output .frac .den{vertical-align:sub}.mw-parser-output .sr-only{border:0;clip:rect(0,0,0,0);height:1px;margin:-1px;overflow:hidden;padding:0;position:absolute;width:1px}5+18-inch barrel and was 8+12inches long overall with a height of 5+916 inches. Is that maddening and significant? Colt New Service copies in .32 S&W Long and 7.62 Nagant. Its headquarters were in Eibar in the Basque Country, Spain, but they also had workshops during different times in Elgoibar and Vitoria. When you want all the classic features of a 1911 at an affordable price Llama Firearms is there for you. This pistol is sold AS-IS and is missing the rear sight and the loaded chamber indicator. Mod. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Moving upwards, we find that the grips fully support the plunger tube as John Moses Browning intended. The pistol shown here worked well enough, though the owner complained of slow function. We end up with the opinion that overall the Llama is an interesting variation on the Browning pistol. This is a FAR CRY from the introductory disgraceful statement that the pistol can be made serviceable! This is gratifying accuracy. The M-82 began production in 1986 and was adopted by the Spanish forces in 1987 as Modelo M-82 Doble Accion. ENGRAVED GUNS; KNIVES; PAST WORK; COMPANY PROFILE; FAQ; 1911 Government; 1911 Compact/Officer; Beretta; Bersa; Bond Arms; Browning; Charter; Colt; CZ; . Largo (Bergmann) and .38 ACP calibers this appears to be the export version of Mod. It has the durable parkerized finish that many militaries prefer. This website contains many older reviews. Disassemble any other parts of the gun that may be causing the jamming issue. Llama filed for bankruptcy in 1992, and in 1993 sixty of its gunsmiths and employees formed a co-operative to buy the Llama name and all of the equipment. Llama Firearms officially known as Llama-Gabilondo y Cia SA was a Spanish arms company founded in 1904 under the name Gabilondo and Urresti. Basically a single action, locked breech Colt 1911-type design with a uniquely contoured frontstrap, Guns Listing ID: 771552Gabilondo Y CIA! Ive put a thousand plus rounds through her. Several styles of grip pieces and markings have been noted. II This 9 mm. Moving to the firing pin, the rear sight screw is removed and the sight drifted out. That is the question. Shopping Cart Toggle navigation. SIGs have external extractors. ACP only. It may be a special variant of the Mod. It was similar to the Llama IX-A except for the 12-round double column magazine. Returned on leave to find my brothers friend had used my room for study hall, had picked the top lock and meticulously removed all five drawers to get to the pistol, which he dry-fired until he drove the firing pin deep into the chamber. Ensure that the gun is unloaded by removing the magazine and visually inspecting the chamber. Tauler pistols were only manufactured between 1933 and 1936. When first issued no model number was assigned but the factory catalog designation was No. LLAMA - 1911 IX-C. DOUBLE STACK. 5" BARREL. BLUED - Guns International Most 9mms will have a Colt-like link, but the .45s may have either type. X This pistol, in 7.65 mm. Mod. For some reason this first model produced later was designated Model IV. The Llama III was introduced with a grip safety, locked breech and continued to be made until 1954. Circa 1994. That is a very result that doesnt support the statement that its a marginal handgun. [8], Comanche II: .38 special calibre with four- or six-inch barrel, ventilated rib, adjustable rear sight, wide spur hammer. Still, the Llama has allowed shooters to scope out the 1911 system on the cheap, and has certainly helped gunsmiths to stay in business. [3], Around 1931 Gabilondo began to make copies of the Colt 1905 in .45 ACP and 9 mm Largo without a grip safety and with a nine-shot magazine. Guns Listing ID: 660790Llama Firearms, officially known as Llama-Gabilondo y Cia SA, was a Spanish arms company founded in 1904 under the name Gabilondo and Urresti. Mod. Llama XV 22lr with original box and paperwork! The Llama 1911 9mm Pistol: Common Problems and Simple Solutions While an inability to rapidly modernise its manufacturing capability might have eventually doomed the company, it was the Asian Economic Crisis of the early 1990s that directly brought about the crisis that engulfed Llama. A 5 throated forged steel barrel provides added durability to this tight and . Unscrew and remove the trigger from the frame. A Model X-1 has been noted, but details are unknown. Unscrew and remove the recoil spring guide rod. and .38 Super and produced by the craftsmen of Metro Arms. The Danton, introduced in 1925 to replace the Bufalo, was very similar but also available in 6.35mm/.25 ACP calibre. It also makes for a great candidate as a base for an affordable 1911 home-build project. Llama MicroMax .380 1911 VIDEO Handgun Review would you advise selling them first or trading them given the many pitfalls you have expressed here? X-A This is identical to Mod. VIII This is identical to the Mod.