Then came the wait. Bought a square piece of sponge cake with icing and sprinkles & a decaf tea. tenure. And the prices have gone up at leat 2 for what was already a high priced venue, not reflective of the price online either. This is something we want to do and will be doing when we are more adequately staffed.We are very proud of what we have achieved with the cafe and for the community. Visitor Posts. Kind Regards, This really is a hidden gem as the lovely green is like an oasis in Purley which is at the best of times a constant traffic jam! Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. My dishes at Turntable are a sample of what my diners can expect in my own restaurant as well. Sparkling wine and beer is served - but guess what? If we are busy on food, coffee and till we unfortunately do not have the time to come to the door and greet customers. So I was disappointed to learn that under 18 months later, the post office is closing. The day you visited was actually our busiest day of the year and as we only have a small food counter there can sometimes be a wait for food. About . We had the table for 2 hours but not advised of this on booking. Laura Hamilton to sell Purley restaurant the Lord Roberts on the Green A Place in the Sun presenter has placed her Purley-based restaurant on the market for 719,995 +SAV. went for lunch. Book before dining Tel: 020 3034 2424. Most of the breakfast menu is vegan and for lunch there is a vegan sandwich, soup and ploughman's lunch. The place is now bursting with colour, so a very welcome change. The new owner was so welcoming and so were the staff. Should you wish to book for a bigger party you will need to order additional platters. Staff are friendly, happy and attentive and the food was fresh, well cooked and presented. 2,512 were here. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? The waitress said she would see if there was another one ! Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? Bit slow on service - probs as they are so busy but as long as you're not in a rush you'll love it.#they also have a lovely garden out the back to eat in x. Loved what Laura Hamilton did and thoroughly enjoyed the much needed transformation to a chic coffee shop. Most guests recommend trying good chicken, ham sandwiches and soup. To go towards some compensation and good customer service may of been not to actually charge us for the coffee we had while we waited for the food which we sent back anyway. I think it may be under new management. The afternoon tea was plentiful and delicious and the atmosphere perfect and well decorated. The cake itself was very moist but perhaps could have done with having a bit more coconut. Food was fresh. What makes the place is the wonderful staff. I came here for afternoon tea to celebrate my birthday and I was absolutely blown away with how attentive the staff were and the outstanding array of sandwiches and cakes and scones which were very delectable. Very friendly and welcoming, even gave us a slice of cake to take home! Outside is also good as most tables have an umbrella for shade/shelter, We met a few friends for breakfast there. Its great for everyone from the front of the house to the back because we all learn so much and that education is vital to moving everyone forward. Originally established and set up by Laura Hamilton & Alex Goward in April 2017, Lord Roberts on The Green is based on The Webb Estate in Purley. Went there last week lunch, it was a lovely sunny day so we got a table outside, all the tables were dirty and not cleaned, previous customers dirty plates, cutlery all just left there for ages. Cafes, Tearooms & Snack Bars around Coulsdon. Just a couple of people sitting down. We went here for Saturday brunch. Located on the exclusive residential Webb Estate in Croydon, the independent restaurant is known for serving up a range of freshly made breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas to the local community. I came over Lord Robert on the Green by chance and decided to take my wife for a surprise lunch. with avocado and egg but came with no egg. Have been a couple of times to Lord Roberts and each time I have had the chicken, avocado and bacon salad - it really is great. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Coffee Shop, Deli & Village Shop Lord Roberts on The Green | Purley 2023 BusinessYab.com All Rights reserved. New staff not good news for what used to be local heritage. . Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our. (my boyfriend also had a sausage bacon and egg in a bun which he really enjoyed and liked the chilli jamMore, Since the ownership change in the last few months, the service, ambiance and general upkeep of LROTG has changed dramatically. OUR BELL TENT | Lord Roberts Green Get quick answers from Lord Roberts on The Green staff and past visitors. Lord Roberts on The Green is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: 19 Upper Woodcote Village, Purley CR8 3HF England. MENU | Lord Roberts Green Havent been since the take over, wow what a difference and not in a good way. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Naturally concerned when I heard Laura had sold the business after a fairly shorttenure. more, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, There are newer reviews for Lord Roberts on The Green. Lunch at Lord Roberts was a thoroughly pleasant experience. Fast Food & Chinese & Indian Takeaways for Coulsdon and Old Coulsdon and around Coulsdon. After a hefty wait Tried the chicken bacon, as traditional bacon not available and the gluten free bread option. Everyone enjoyed their food, not an extensive menu but enough to please everyone. Lord Roberts on The Green provides food delivery for the convenience of its customers. Takeaways, Fast Food & Cafes for Coulsdon and Old Coulsdon Target Shooter October 2010 | Revolver | Cartridge (Firearms), General Surgery, Orthopedics, Urology: Adventist Health Physicians Network, 19 Upper Woodcote Village, Purley CR8 3HF, UK. LordRoberts, General Manager at Lord Roberts on The Green, responded to this review, We're sorry, hotels cannot be booked for more than 30 days. Same price as before but with no alcohol content! No wine, no WIFI, the snarky waitress said we dont give that out anymore! Bit misleading to say the least.Service was lacklustre with forced smiles. Thanks to the constant exchange of ideas and knowledge, the Turntable experience led me to unexpected places. Why? Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Lord Roberts on The Green - Tripadvisor Bread and salad were both fresh, tasty and plentiful. I visited with family this morning, we took a picnic blanket and planned to enjoy the sunny weather on the green. We can look in to getting the website updated. Tel: 020 8660 2000. The staff were very friendly and attentive and Ilook forward to making this location a regular spot!More, This was my childhood sweet shop so always had a special affection for me. Lord Roberts on The Green is a wonderful place to host your event. When it finally arrived it was disappointing. No wine, no WIFI, the snarky waitress said we dont give that out anymore! Nice menu with a lovely waffles and (beef) bacon dish, which I love. Terms of Service . LORD ROBERTS ON THE GREEN, Purley - Menu, Prices - Tripadvisor The staff were very friendly and attentive and Ilook forward to making this location a regular spot!More, This was my childhood sweet shop so always had a special affection for me. When it finally arrived it was disappointing. Create New Account. Lord Roberts on The Green: Really Average - trying to be something that they are not - See 210 traveler reviews, 166 candid photos, and great deals for Purley, UK, at Tripadvisor. Stupid? Liking the new updates and careMore. Bit misleading to say the least.Service was lacklustre with forced smiles. From the communication before (Thanks to Tina) to the actual day. New staff not good news for what used to be local heritage. From the reviews its time we waved goodbye to a lovely place to spend a few hours of a morning and say hello (or not) to a money spinning occasion-driven machine with zero heart. Restaurants near Lord Roberts on The Green, Mediterranean Restaurants for Lunch in Purley. Lord Roberts on The Green Claimed Review Save Share 225 reviews #1 of 6 Quick Bites in Purley $$ - $$$ Quick Bites British Healthy 19 Upper Woodcote Village, Purley CR8 3HF England +44 20 8660 2000 Website Menu Closes in 5 min: See all hours See all (174) 225 RATINGS Food Service Value Details PRICE RANGE $3 - $19 CUISINES British, Healthy The orange and cranberry loaf cake was a good way to end our visit , This was my first visit since covid and what a difference. Use to have such lovely friendly service now the staff all look miserable. Stupid? Had a lovely time here. ORDER A CAKE | Lord Roberts Green What has happened to our favourite eatery? In 2017, Laura Hamilton & Alex Goward renovated the site and decided to offer MUCH MORE than that! Went back and some of the magic hasnt translated. Thank you for the fab review and we shall let Margaret know! Lord Roberts on The Green - Tripadvisor We reach out to chefs that inspire us, but really love when we get recommendations from past chefs. Not Now. When it finally arrived it was disappointing. Tasteless coffee, green tea which was a teabag dumped in water and not made for teal leaves and a piece of apple strudel which was meant to be hot but was lukewarm . Coffee is also extremely good. Dishonoured. Everyone enjoyed their food, not an extensive menu but enough to please everyone. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Thank you for your lovely review. I cover food, drink & travelin other words, all the fun stuff! HOME | Lord Roberts Green We also offer GIFT VOUCHERS which are the perfect present for any occasion. more, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. We have chefs coming from all over the US and abroad, focusing on various cuisines and cooking styles. Service was first class especially our waitress Margaret. Cheap plastic flowers everywhere and Julies Quiche tasting very different. Farewell LROTG. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. The venue was full which is a good sign. Contact Us . To go towards some compensation and good customer service may of been not to actually charge us for the coffee we had while we waited for the food which we sent back anyway. Service was lacklustre with forced smiles. The full English has included a strange bacon that was left and also hash browns straight from the freezer. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? The property is immaculately presented inside and out, with bespoke dcor and high-quality fixtures and fittings, which have been updated and maintained to an extremely high standard.There is also ample scope to increase the revenue, should the purchaser desire, such as extending the opening hours, adding an evening meal option, pushing advertising, and possibly offering an outside catering service. Not too keen on fake flowers generally and some weird stuff going on in the garden with reptiles? Met friend for brunch. At BusinessYab our purpose is to help people find great local businesses like dentists, hair stylists, restaurants, bars, hotels, local businesses. We are constantly looking at ways to change our menu and usually do so twice a year. Was told after we complained that one chef was off, it that was the case then when we arrived it would of been helpful if we were told that then we could of made a choice to either not order hot food or happy to wait so long to get it. We can look in to getting the website updated. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Lord Roberts on The Green - Tripadvisor 24 healthy restaurants to help you stick to your diet and 23 healthy restaurants to help you stick to your diet and Coulsdon and Old Coulsdon - Cafes around Coulsdon. Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our. We booked an afternoon tea here for my friends birthday and the whole experience was fantastic. Very friendly and welcoming, even gave us a slice of cake to take home! This delightful cafe recently changed hands. I placed my order for a coffee, green tea and slice of strudel which came to 13.80 so not cheap. Couldnt stomach it, itwas all like cardboard even the coffee was thankfully they didnt charge me for it. Lord Roberts on The Green is the perfect venue to host your event. Lunch at Lord Roberts was a thoroughly pleasant experience. Then came the wait. Sparkling wine and beer is served - but guess what? Having checked on LROTG website for opening times on a Sunday , we arrived at 2.15 to order food and was told the kitchen shuts at 2 pm . look forward to making this location a regular spot! Highly recommend, thank you so much!More, Thank you Ghazala and all the staff at Lord Roberts for the beautiful food, decorations and wonderful attention you gave us for my grannys 100th birthday party! They made our Mothers 80th Birthday tea really special, with competitively priced, delicious food. Service was lacklustre with forced smiles. 2K views, 27 likes, 7 loves, 18 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Dbstvstlucia: DBS MORNING SHOW & OBITUARIES 25TH APRIL 2023 APRIL 2023 No. The full English has included a strange bacon that was left and also hash browns straight from the freezer. I visited with family this morning, we took a picnic blanket and planned to enjoy the sunny weather on the green. The chicken sausage frankly neither looked nor tasted very nice - not my idea of a breakfastMore, Now under new ownership, myself and my daughter popped in for a coffee on the way to school only to find that we arrived before opening time. The mission? No thank you and good bye only from the old staff. Lord Roberts on the Green, Purley *vegan options* The coffee shop and deli offers artisan produce as well as breakfast, lunch, Sunday brunch, smoothies and plenty of vegan and gluten free options. They caterfor all dietary requirements and went above and beyond to make sure there was enough food for everyone. Check out great iced coffee, tea or milkshakes. To book please call us on 020 8660 2000 or email Indianna at indianna See more of Lord Roberts on The Green on Facebook. It has always served the community as the village shop. Will definitely be going back and recommending. The menu wasn't great and expensive, I wouldn't say value for money.My husband had a cream tea and the clotted cream was frozen. Also they have taken not only the bacon off the menu (which does not actually say beef bacon! Cream tea was fantastic large scones were gorgeous. The food was amazing we had the stacked blueberry pancakes. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Policy. From the reviews its time we waved goodbye to a lovely place to spend a few hours of a morning and say hello (or not) to a money spinning occasion-driven machine with zero heart. I knew the Lord Roberts as a sweet shop/post office in my youth so it holds memories. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. New staff not good news for what used to be local heritage. Lord Roberts on The Green, Purley - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - Tripadvisor Lord Roberts on The Green, Purley: See 216 unbiased reviews of Lord Roberts on The Green, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #7 of 47 restaurants in Purley. Could do better - Lord Roberts on The Green - Tripadvisor I was served by a lovely friendly lady who informed me they were Having checked on LROTG website for opening times on a Sunday , we arrived at 2.15 to order food and was told the kitchen shuts at 2 pm . Thank you for the fab review and we shall let Margaret know! Tell us about your experience with avocado and egg but came with no egg. Went back and some of the magic hasnt translated. They caterfor all dietary requirements and went above and beyond to make sure there was enough food for everyone. Within what seemed seconds of ordering our tea and coffee arrived shortly followed by our food. Thank you for your lovely review. The menu wasn't great and expensive, I wouldn't say value for money. They tasted and looked the part. The business generally trades 7 days a week and generates a turnover in the region of 340,000. We really appreciated you catering for a gluten free familymember with delicious food also. It is a shame as I was really looking forward to trying this place out but oh was I disappointed. Home page . Went for brunch with my husband today. I was so pleased when this post office /coffee shop reopened. Stunning place , decor is amazing. Nice relaxed atmosphere thank you, Beef bacon? It has always served the community as the village shop. Only in places not in every description- trades descriptions act?). Lizzie's CakesNormal Cakes12-14 PortionsCoffee Cappuccino Cake 55Carrot & Walnut 55Chocolate Salted Caramel 60Red Velvet Cake 55Lemon Cake 55Biscoff Cake 55Victoria Sponge 55Lemon & Blueberry 55Chocolate Mint 60Chocolate Orange 60Traybakes 35Cupcakes 3.25 each. Thank you for your feedback. Owner always around and chatty even though she was working and clearing tables. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Perfectly cooked smoked salmon, chicken and sausage rolls will impress you at the first bite. Also they have taken not only the bacon off the menu (which does not actually say beef bacon! Lord Roberts is nestled in the heart of the beautiful, exclusive Webb Estate. They created 'Lord Roberts on The Green' an independent Restaurant & Coffee Shop offering Artisan Produce as well as Daily Necessities. We had an iced coffee, vanilla shake and coco loco smoothie which was insanely delicious and packed full of fresh mango. Thank you for your review, we always appreciate feedback. Whether you are planning a birthday party, an anniversary, a baby shower or just a lovely get together with friends, we can cater for any celebration. Laura and husband Alex Goward have decided to place the Lord Roberts on the Green on the market, offering potential buyers the chance to take over the long-standing business. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the place is quirky in a good way. Just a couple of people sitting down. So disheartening. We look forward to welcoming you again. Add to this a very lackluster atmosphere and there you have it. Go Explore! Either way only having one chef would not of made a difference to the fact the the quality was sadly lacking. A Place in the Sun presenter Laura Hamilton is waving goodbye to her Purley-based bistro and coffee shop after four years. Chef Mercedes Solis: The inspiration for my dishes comes from my mother and my grandmother. Will definitely return.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. will I be returning of recommending..A very strong NO!. It is always appreciated. Own or manage this property? We are putting systems in place to cope with the numbers of customers who are coming to enjoy our special surroundings and delicious menu. Over 13 for one slice toast with think layer of smashed avocado and a hard poached eggis very overpriced. My only criticism is that the staff expect you to know where to go, where to find things (glasses etc) and that you have to pay when you order. It also boasts an up-to-date website (www.lordrobertsonthegreen.com) along with dedicated social media accounts which have a fantastic following and are a great platform for advertising. So disheartening. Rservations Date Heure Nombre de personnes Rserver Went back and some of the magic hasnt translated. Will be coming back again with the kids next time as very family friendly. Everyone enjoyed their food, not an extensive menu but enough to please everyone. We had the table for 2 hours but not advised of this on booking. Thank you for your feedback. Really sad its lost its way as it was a hidden gem. Either way only having one chef would not of made a difference to the fact the the quality was sadly lacking. Heres what they had to say. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Since its in the middle of the woods, I will use the presence of nature to create a cozy, comfortable space that feels like home. It is seen as a pillar of stability during the pandemic, when hospitality venues have been forced to close. Same price as before but with no alcohol content! Spud U Like, Woking *vegan options* Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? Excellent coffee and I had a very tasty aubergine and vegetable quiche-y thing. I took ages to come to our table, 15 to 20 minutes. 19 Upper Woodcote Village Purley CR8 3HF London. Due to being in an opened dish My husband was concerned that it had been microwaved but was assured that this was not the case. Add to this a very lackluster atmosphere and there you have it. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. Takeaway and Fast Food for the Coulsdon area and across Surrey. OUR MENU "Just had breakfast at Lord Roberts on The Green. We really appreciated you catering for a gluten free familymember with delicious food also. 17 Woodmansterne St, Banstead SM7 3NN, UK, 2 Chipstead Station Parade Chipstead, Coulsdon, Chipstead, Coulsdon CR5 3TE, UK, The Wrythe Post Office/18 Green Wrythe La, Carshalton SM5 2DW, UK. Also ordered sourdough toastwith avocado and egg but came with no egg. Stunning place , decor is amazing. Additional nutrition information available upon request. Dishes and Drinks in Lord Roberts on The Green Restaurant features takeawayfood deliverylunchfriendly staffoutdoor seatingbreakfastbirthday partybrunchkids' menugreat servicecosy atmospherefamily dinnerbeautiful interior Desserts This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Yes, Lord Roberts on The Green offers takeaway services. Cafes. The afternoon tea was plentiful and delicious and the atmosphere perfect and well decorated. If you continue without changing your settings, well assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website. Only in places not in every description- trades descriptions act?). Dear adsurreySurreyWe aways welcome feedback so that we can endeavour to improve our service.I am sorry you had to wait so long for your food. Lord Roberts on The Green is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: 19 Upper Woodcote Village, Purley CR8 3HF England. The food, drinks and service were brilliant, we had the afternoon tea and there was so much food, definitely value for money!! Get quick answers from Lord Roberts on The Green staff and past visitors. Same price as before but with no alcohol content! 2911 Scioto Lane Thank you for your review, we always appreciate feedback. Had ordered 2 sausage baps which were only slightly warm, the sausages where just 2 very small chipotles which hardly filled half the bap. 12 roughly for food each - got pretty bad food and emotionless service. BusinessYab is not responsible for content on external web sites. I have no idea what happens if they are ever busy! Map updates are paused. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? CONTACT US SUBSCRIBE. Really sad its lost its way as it was a hidden gem.More, I'm not easy to please but even a plate of omelette is exceptional in this chic cafe. I took ages to come to our table, 15 to 20 minutes. Chef Mercedes has worked all over the world, particularly Argentina for the Masticar Food Festival which gave her access to farmers and producers all over the country. All of our platters serve a party of 6 . The full English has included a strange bacon that was left and also hash browns straight from the freezer. more, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. Highly recommend, thank you so much! 3 pm it was very quiet. Forgot account? The restaurant and coffee shop has been offering a Covid-19 friendly takeaway and delivery service. The desserts are not to be overlooked. A Place in the Sun presenter Laura Hamilton is waving goodbye to her Purley-based bistro and coffee shop after four years. The Croydon TV presenter currently hosts Channel 4's property series A Place in the Sun. Sad times. It has always served the community as the village shop. We are able to cater for parties of up to _____ Please EMAIL US for further information. The month of April marked Chef Mercedes Solis second chef residency at Turntable. There is something that feels so personal about this and seems fitting in the growth of our Turntable family.. was all like cardboard even the coffee was thankfully they didnt charge me for it. , Fantastic little place, good food and wonderful staff. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Today Lord Roberts on The Green is an independent Restaurant & Coffee Shop offering Artisan Produce. AFTERNOON TEA HAS TO BE BOOKED 48 HRS IN ADVANCE. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Lord Roberts on The Green 19 Upper Woodcote Village, Purley CR8 3HF, England +44 20 8660 2000 Website E-mail Improve this listing Ranked #1 of 7 Quick Bites in Purley 225 Reviews Price range: 2 - 15 Description: The Lord Roberts has been around since 1907. Thank you for going above and beyond! My coffee turned up a good five minutes before his tea. This is a BETA experience. We look forward to welcoming you again. 11.4k Followers, 122 Following, 3,019 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Lord Roberts on The Green (@lordrobertsonthegreen) Everyone enjoyed their food, not an extensive menu but enough to please everyone. I went for breakfast with my friend that we had pre booked online two weeks before the day. look forward to making this location a regular spot! We think its a really cool concept and a lot of fun to be a part of. We wont be back and its such a shame as this was a hidden gem pre covid.More, Visited with my young daughters after a bike ride around the estate. Bring back the old Lord Roberts - Lord Roberts on The Green - Tripadvisor The Xmas fare was extremely well run. Who do they think the locals are? We wont be back and its such a shame as this was a hidden gem pre covid. We're sorry, hotels cannot be booked for more than 30 days. Very quick and friendly service too! Staff are friendly. I have no idea what happens if they are ever busy! Lord Roberts on The Green 19 Upper Woodcote Village, Purley CR8 3HF, England +44 20 8660 2000 Website E-mail Improve this listing Ranked #1 of 7 Quick Bites in Purley 225 Reviews Price range: $2 - $19 Description: The Lord Roberts has been around since 1907. THE VISION | Lord Roberts Green It has always served the community as the village shop. Lord Roberts on The Green in Purley - Restaurant menu and reviews However its worth a trip to get a takeaway and sit on the green as the food is really good quality (try the scotch egg, lemon drizzle cake and sour dough bread is the biz). Why? It is always appreciated.