Marriott Grand Residence Club (1,000 points per stay). Despite Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest's unification occurring years ago, you'll see legacy SPG brands often offering more perks to elites. Basically, Platinum elites earn a choose-your-own adventure benefit when they reach 50 stays. Learn more: Your complete guide to earning Marriott Bonvoy points. Editorial Disclosure: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any entity mentioned herein. His favorite travel destinations are Las Vegas and the beaches of Mexico. If you find discrepancies with your credit score or information from your credit report, please contact TransUnion directly. Is tip included with Marriotts breakfast benefit? Quality >>> Quantity. Learn More, Getting away is easier and more affordable with PointSavers. Terms apply. Silver: 50% bonus multiplier. document.getElementById( "ak_js" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); As a Titanium elite lifetime member, it seems the longtime benefit of breakfast, which I have enjoyed and kept me choosing Marriott time and time again is no longer. Elite breakfast is complimentary for Platinum Elites and above seven days a week in the airy, modern Tocca Ferro restaurant. The credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. Explore Titanium Not a member yet? This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. Enjoy our fastest Internet connection absolutely free. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. They make sure you understand that your status means nothing as they will spell out that you will get no breakfast, early check in, late check out or room upgrades. Hotels that you're entitled for breakfast but they don't serve anything, here's 1000 points. . , Marriott Bonvoy Gold status has a value of $126 and costs $3,650 to earn. Last 2 times I was there, now "cold Buffet only." Bonus points earned on hotel purchases (including room rates and other incidental charges): 50%. I loved my stay at the Mira Moon in Hong Kong, even though it didn't provide any breakfast benefits to elite members as a Design Hotel. He went from studying abroad in Paris to moving to Shanghai after graduating college, where he covered all things travel in the Asia-Pacific region for TPG. Now 163 on Tripadvisor: Cologne Marriott Hotel, Cologne. The hot buffet is just some eggs, meat, potatoes and oatmeal. A second selection of the following is offered to Titanium Elites: 5 suite night awards, 1 free award night (valid at properties requiring up to 40,000 points/night), the gift of Gold Elite status, 40% off of your favorite hotel brand bed, 5 elite night credits, or a $100 charity donation. For how many people does Marriotts breakfast benefit apply? Ironically I had a trade show in Seattle at Hyatt and stayed there and MOVED to Westin after and am so regretting it. If you complain to Marriott about this, Marriott will just say it's up to the hotels, what they want to offer and not the guest choice! Marriott - breakfast available via your free lounge access, if no lounge or it is closed you can use the restaurant (an additional $10 food and beverage credit per STAY can be taken as your welcome amenity) Marriott Resorts - must choose daily restaurant breakfast (for two) as your welcome amenity Marriott Vacation Club - nothing However, some hotels will automatically offer lounge guests to also enjoy restaurant breakfast, so you might not even need to select that as your welcome amenity to dine in the restaurant. @Ben Which Marriott Bonvoy card should I choose? The only widespread exclusion is Ritz-Carlton club lounges, as you have to buy access to those. is Editor-at-Large at TPG, with contributions ranging from articles digging deep on loyalty programs and credit cards to delivery flight coverage to drone photography and much more. You could still pay for a breakfast there. Lead Writer | Airline miles, hotel points, travel insurance. Charles R. 0. Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Several credit cards, including Marriott's own branded cards, provide complimentary elite status. So how do we make money? If you find discrepancies with your credit score or information from your credit report, please contact TransUnion directly. You'll earn 15 elite night credits each calendar year, and receive automatic Gold elite status. This status is identical to what youd get if you earned it the hard way. If you book through travel agent or third agent party, you may not have that free complimentary , unless you directly book from hotel by call , email for reservation . Marriott suspended elite guarantees due to the pandemic Shortly after the start of the pandemic, Marriott Bonvoy suspended its usual elite guarantees. For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card, click here.For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business card, click here. 6x Marriott Bonvoy Points on each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program. You'll earn 15 elite night credits each calendar year, and receive automatic Gold elite status. Marriott brands that offer all guests free breakfast The following Marriott brands offer all guests complimentary breakfast: Element Fairfield Inn & Suites Residence Inn SpringHill Suites TownePlace Suites As you can see, there are no incremental breakfast perks at these properties for elite members, since everyone gets breakfast. Related: Ritz-Carlton: The Marriott hotel brand where elite benefits don't really apply. According to NerdWallet's comprehensive analysis of hotel elite status, Marriott Gold status lags behind the competition in terms of value provided by a mid-tier hotel elite status. You spend an average of $150 per night on eligible items. Clearly perks are more valuable the more theyre used. Free breakfast has long been one of the top benefits of elite status while room upgrades, premium Wi-Fi and bonus points can certainly help move the needle as well, complimentary breakfast can offer significant savings, especially in destinations like The Maldives, where a morning meal can otherwise add tremendous cost. Photo courtesy of Marriott. Marriott has a total of five published elite status levels; Platinum is the third level you can achieve, coming after both Silver and Gold status. Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Still, Sheraton, Westin and Le Mridien properties offer breakfast in the restaurant as a welcome amenity, so you're covered even if the lounge isn't open during your stay. And you know thats the case when your spouse asks I wonder how theyll get us this time every time we stay at a Marriott (which is losing more and more of our business to Hyatt and Hilton). If youre a frequent business traveler considering Ambassador status, youll want to compare it to other high-end hotel elite levels. The execution of that is highly variable, though, with some hotels offering access to an amazing breakfast buffet without paying a dime, while other hotels offer a cup of coffee and a muffin. Marriott Platinum Elite and Titanium Elite members can choose a welcome amenity upon check-in at most participating hotels. umbrella covers 30 brands and over 7,000 hotels, making it one of the largest and most well-recognized rewards programs in the world. Hyatt is bigger than Starwood was at the time of the merger, and they were great for me for a decade. All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. Platinum, Titanium and Ambassador members receive a choice of: Points (at the same rate as Gold member). Heres a comparison table looking at some of the best benefits you get from each Marriott elite status level: These are the extra points you'll earn for each stay once you've achieved that status level. Get 50% more points, enhanced room upgrades, and more. Your feedback is important in helping us keep our community safe. Inspired experiences. Here are the details you need to know about the Marriott status levels and if it's worth it for you. But they also require a lot of Marriott loyalty (and spending) to earn, of course. Will there be anyone coming to defend that F&B credits is better than breakfast? If I'm staying in a hotel, I'm traveling alone for business and get reimbursed for meals anyway, so the breakfast credit is completely worthless to me. Platinum Elite members also get an annual one-time Choice Benefit upon qualification. But obviously having both options is better overall, since we're not all in the same situation. Is The White Lotus breaking up with Four Seasons ahead of Season 3? Marriott is just a poor service company kowtowing to hotel owners at this point. 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. Her work has been featured in AwardWallet. Mult times i have tried to use the credit for lunch on checkout day after 12 pm and it is not allowed !! Terms apply. So we definitely wouldnt suggest shifting your travel plans just to earn that 10th night. Find the right card for you. Still, others embraced the cost savings, especially when room rates and occupancy levels were low. Our opinions are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by our advertising partners. Previously, he managed the content and social media teams for NBC Sports in Portland for eight years. Confused? Their lounge staff were fantastic back before the change. The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection. With Marriott I just expect a continental breakfast, and if I get more than that, I consider myself to be lucky. The hotel offers a versatile meeting and conference venue with sixteen event rooms, including two ballrooms. Important: Qualifying Nights are those booked directly through Marriott.com or most corporate travel services. which are almost guaranteed to deliver at least one unwelcome (v. surprise and delight) experience for those loyalists. Gaylord Hotels (1,000 points or $10 food and beverage credit per stay). We believe everyone should be able to make financial decisions with confidence. Well do our best to upgrade your room, based on availability upon arrival. 500 points per stay, an amenity per stay or restaurant breakfast per night of stay for member plus one guest. It gives you a flexible 24-hour check-in and check-out window, which lets you avoid the hassle of arriving too early. Stay connected with the latest travel, aviation, and credit card news. Gold status offers a bit more, including late checkout and room upgrades. Outside the United States the breakfast benefit is often incredible, with access to a full buffet at no extra cost. The first step is to make sure you select breakfast as your elite welcome amenity when you check-in. Likewise, Fairfield Osaka Namba doesn't offer breakfast to Titanium member. One of the reasons I prefer them over the Marriott "luxury" brands that don't offer any breakfast. But since it also offers 25 ENCs, you're on a fast track to eventually earn Titanium or perhaps even Ambassador status. The points are equal to the proce I pay for the hotel, the brands level, or the value of the F&B Credit or Breakfast Benefit. St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Sheraton, Le Mridien, Westin, Tribute Portfolio. We've updated this post with current examples and information. Personalized services. The Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex is a stacked card with a rewards rate that will help you earn bonus points on everyday and business-related purchases. Learn More, During your stay at any of our participating hotels, instantly redeem points for cocktails, meals, spa experiences and more anything you can charge to your hotel room. What's the advantage beyond points? Learn more: How to get more flexible hotel check-in/out times. Whether youre road-tripping or globetrotting, the suite life is always better. If youre an infrequent traveler, you might wonder whether its worth earning any hotel elite status at all. The art-filled JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort is a 15-minute stroll from Disneyland and next door to the Anaheim GardenWalk. Learn more: The best hotel credit cards today. Sheraton, Le Mridien, Westin (including resorts). Certain hotels have resort fees. Credit ranges are a variation of FICO Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application. Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card. While the above covers the very basics, let me answer some of the most common questions about Marriott Bonvoys Platinum breakfast benefit. At Bonvoys highest level, Ambassador elites receive two valuable perks. The Business Platinum Card from American Express. This really changes my experience of the hotel and my trip. To determine the value of Marriott Bonvoy status (and compare them to other hotel programs), we performed a comprehensive analysis of the perks offered at each elite level. Plus, your own feed of TPG content. This is true of most hotel loyalty programs, but it can trip up travelers who are unaware. No alternative when the lounge is closed. But remember it can be obtained hassle-free via getting a credit card instead of spending nearly a month in Marriott hotels. Just crush the property in google map and tripadvisor with a negative review they will pay it 10 times more as a result. According to our analysis, Marriott Bonvoy Silver status has a value of $10 and costs $1,460 to earn. Downtown Hotel. Now it seems to be a "continental" breakfast that is either only the "cold" side As a Titanium elite lifetime member, it seems the longtime benefit of breakfast, which I have enjoyed and kept me choosing Marriott time and time again is no longer. Besides a " comedy or errors" of a stay, they too have cold buffet only. Elina Geller is a Lead Travel Writer at NerdWallet specializing in airline and hotel loyalty programs and travel insurance. Best benefits: All of the benefits of Titanium Elite status, plus Ambassador Service and Your24 concierge services before and during stays with Marriott Rewards. Regarding lounge access - I'm still sad that The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho (LC) doesn't allow lounge access any more. Pre-qualified offers are not binding. Sam Kemmis is a travel rewards expert at NerdWallet specializing in airline and hotel loyalty programs. At other hotels you have to present a voucher when youre seated. But do you have 24 hrs to use it? Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Benefits. The value of each status tier is tied to the minimum number needed to earn each status tier (so if you need to stay 30 nights to earn that level of status, the benefits are based no receiving them 30 times, such as 30 free breakfasts or 30 room upgrades). Heres my general take: Complimentary breakfast is one of the most valuable benefits of hotel elite status. @ben would be interesting to see how many folks the past few years now jumped ship from Marriott. Our opinions are our own. JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels. Review: The Woodward Hotel Geneva, Oetker Collection. I used to experience either breakfast in the lounge when they had one, or in the restaurant which always included the full buffet or choice of any menu item and coffee/tea/juice. 37 ($50) (AC Hotels) 19 ($25) (Moxy) Four Points, Aloft. Outside of banner ads published through the Boarding Area network, this compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site. Our partners compensate us. Get 75% more points, an additional Annual Choice Benefit, 48-Hour booking guarantee, and more. Get 10% More Points on Stays, Priority Late Checkout, Member Rates, Free Wi-Fi, & More. Marriott Platinum benefits. Vote. Theres an easier way. According to our analysis, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium status has a value of $5,233 and costs $10,950 to earn. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. Bonus points earned on hotel purchases (including room rates and other incidental charges): 25%. *As noted in the above chart, there's a list of specific properties in the U.S. that do not provide breakfast if the lounge is closed, instead offering 1,000 points. The Platinum Card from American Express. No, aside from hotels that offer all guests free breakfast, there are no incremental elite breakfast perks for Silver and Gold members. As expected, Platinum, Titanium and Ambassador status offer the more meaty perks, including the flexible annual choice benefits and check-in gifts. Not at all. Editorial disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Can't order anything off the menu despite my status. As a server explained to me in an Autograph property "Our hotel doesn't participate in that" See how simple and straightforward it is? I don't feel any appreciation anymore as a titanium lifetime member. Terms and Conditions Apply. Renaissance Washington, D.C. His prior experience also includes time as a financial analyst (Comcast) and business system analyst (Nike). Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. offer Gold status not in the form of ENCs, so it is more difficult to earn a higher status level through these cards. Sadly I think this is their new direction. Now you can save points on redemptions at top destinations around the world. To help you with this, we'll take a look at what each Marriott brand offers elites in terms of complimentary breakfast. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. When evaluating offers, please review the financial institutions Terms and Conditions. Meanwhile the 1,000 point welcome amenity is offered once per stay. In comparison, at the St. Regis New York, it meant a $150 daily credit for room service (and you can bet I used up every penny). The other way to receive complimentary breakfast as a Platinum Elite or Titanium Elite member is through access to a hotel's lounge. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit. How do you redeem your Marriott breakfast benefit? Here are some of the best Marriott credit cards to consider: Related: Free nights and easy status: Here's why I have 4 Marriott Bonvoy credit cards. As much as every blogger trying to push to this chain, I just can't find a Hyatt everywhere I needed to go. Terms apply. They just say, that they only offer points as the Welcome gift and don't offer breakfast. Both paid and award nights count toward this total, as long as you booked directly with Marriott. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2023, including those best for: Flexibility, point transfers and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, No annual fee: Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card, Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, Bonus travel rewards and high-end perks: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Luxury perks: The Platinum Card from American Express, Business travelers: Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, About the authors: Sam Kemmis is a travel rewards expert at NerdWallet specializing in airline and hotel loyalty programs. Your complete guide to earning Marriott Bonvoy points, Marriott Annual Choice Benefits, explained. If youre staying at a property like a Marriott or Sheraton, youll automatically receive executive lounge access, and you dont need to select that as your welcome amenity. Im not complaining about only getting continental breakfast but I do think its a bit sneaky to have an inflated upcharge, offer credits that cant even get you coffee and a piece of toast or just keep blaming Covid for not offering breakfast at all. I'm surprised you don't call it out for what it is. Many properties in the Marriott Bonvoy program may not offer complimentary breakfast but still provide a phenomenal experience. When I pay for a full service hotel at a chain Ive spent thousands of dollars with and who entice me to come back again and again by offering benefits, then I don't want there to always a catch. Her work has been featured in AwardWallet. There's also Member status, which anyone can receive at no cost. The following Marriott brands allow elite members to select complimentary breakfast as their welcome amenity: The following Marriott brands allow elite members to select a food & beverage credit as their welcome amenity, which could be applied to breakfast (or something else): What complicates this even further is that Marriott Bonvoy Platinum members and above receive complimentary lounge access at a vast majority of Marriott brands, assuming theres a lounge. Sign up today for free. Most helpful comments ( as chosen by the OMAAT community ). You'll earn 15 elite night credits each calendar year, and receive automatic Gold elite status. While these hotels require you to select breakfast as your welcome amenity (instead of points), I've gotten lucky at a few St. Regis and W hotels recently and have been offered welcome points in addition to complimentary breakfast. Certain hotels have resort fees. Well do our best to upgrade your room upon arrival, subject to availability. This may influence which products we review and write about (and where those products appear on the site), but it in no way affects our recommendations or advice, which are grounded in thousands of hours of research. There are many differences between these Marriott Bonvoy brands, especially when it comes to elite status benefits. Certain higher-end brands aren't required to offer breakfast at all, with members receiving a "welcome amenity" as outlined below, instead: Additionally, customers spending the night at Element, Fairfield, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites and TownePlace Suites properties receive complimentary breakfast, regardless of whether or not they have elite status. What about the rules for using your f&b credit?!? They just say, that they only offer points as the Welcome gift and don't offer breakfast. I used to love staying at the JW Marriott in Honolulu--breakfast buffet was great, restaurant across from the beach, servers very welcoming. Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with . Both are decent properties (though by no means exceptional), but I would have to recommend the St. Regis. His work has been featured by The Associated Press, The Points Guy and Fast Company. Marriott isn't just the largest hotel company in terms of the total number of properties it operates; it also has over 30 different brands across its portfolio, ranging from classic luxury to affordable, extended stay properties. I dont know why this has to be so complicated, but I suspect its a combination of the merger between Marriott and Starwood, plus corporate generally trying to please hotel owners. It's an unnecessarily, ridiculously complex set of rules that even die-hard Marriott loyalists would fail to recite. This influences which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. Whether youre a business traveler looking to earn lifetime status, an infrequent traveler curious about the perks of elite status or want to maximize the elite benefits provided by Marriotts credit cards, here's everything you need to know about earning and flexing Marriott Bonvoy elite status. This is totally something that they should just standardize across Bonvoy. Finally, the free night award certificate with a redemption level of 35,000 points or less can get you hundreds of dollars in potential value each year. Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite will get you: 25% bonus points on Marriott stays; 2pm checkout (subject to availability) . Improve earnings, maximize rewards and track progress toward dream trips. Maybe this is the "new Bonvoy"? Best benefits: All of the benefits of Silver Elite status, plus 2 p.m. priority late checkout based on availability, in-hotel welcome gift of extra points and enhanced room upgrade based on availability. Learn more: NerdWallet's 2023 Best-Of Awards. Platinum members and above can still select a welcome amenity (typically points), but thats unrelated to breakfast. Flexibility, point transfers and a large bonus: Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card. All of the benefits of Silver Elite status, plus 2 p.m. priority late checkout based on availability, in-hotel welcome gift of extra points and enhanced room upgrade based on availability. Related: How to get some of the world's most expensive hotel buffet breakfasts for free. Generally this is a non-issue outside the United States, while in the United States I always try to bring some cash to breakfast, in the event that its not. Her passion for travel rewards began in 2011 when she flew first class to London and Amsterdam on British Airways and used hotel points to stay in both cities. On the other hand, your $10 food and beverage credit at many Courtyard properties might only get you a coffee and a pastry. Elina Geller is a Lead Travel Writer at NerdWallet specializing in airline and hotel loyalty programs. If that were not the case I'd love to switch. I've been Titanium for the last 5-6 years and it's incredibly complicated for me amd everyone I know. F&B credit is definitely much better for me. Achieve Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite status after 75 nights. Food and beverage credit as welcome amenity choice. Hong Kong is one of the few cities where I don't mind passing up on free hotel breakfast I'd much rather enjoy some dim sum. For example, in my experience, complimentary breakfast at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island meant a massive buffet spread in the hotel's main restaurant.