After nissan followed up a few times to tell me that my case was "under review," nissan's final response on friday, april 20, 2018, was to tell me to call "the better business bureau." I'm tired of braking going 70. And scares me when it does and I have to be more alert to everything around me in my mirrors to make sure I do not hit anything or anyone. 2018 nissan rogue - out of the blue, dashboard light flashes "warning malfunction" and the emergency brake light icon comes on. We have serviced the car 3 times for this issue. sure to observe the following: Key Card The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure after several road tests. The vehicle was taken to passport Nissan (5000 auth way, camp springs, MD 20746, 301-423-8400) where it was diagnosed that the forward collision sensor failed. Then it happened again and I was on a side street going 40 mph and it braked to 30 and there wasn't anything in front of me. The light turned green I stepped on the gas and within a few seconds the car came to a complete stop. The second time it happened I was driving approximately 20 mph in a residential neighborhood. WHILE IT DID NOT BRING ME TO A FULL STOP, IT DID SLOW ME DOWN AND CREATED FEAR, DISTRACTION AND A MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE ALL WHILE ACTIVELY DRIVING WITH MY TODDLER IN THE VEHICLE. Hopefully this has resolved the issue. The warning light came on suddenly when the incident happened but since we had not had the vehicle that long we were not sure what it was so we had to look that up. detected, the data is transmitted to the vehicle I called nissan very upset and they said bring it in. I was able to quickly get to the breakdown lane and breathe while trying to understand what just happened. This warning appears when the Blind Spot stuck vehicle due to increased oil temperature. opened when the engine is running. This defect is scary and shouldn't be allowed to be swept under the rug by the dealerships. I feel so unsafe now . The 1st incidence was the drivers window not rolling up and down properly. The front crash light started flashing out of the blue and then the car slammed on the brakes and brought it to a complete stop and it was a completely clear night with no traffic around me. I headed home very slowly. They next morning it was towed to their location in lake forest, oc. Only lets car speed up to about 60 mph but still applying the emergency brake. The failure mileage was 4,500. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact was not drivable. Started car, open drivers window and notice that nothing else in the cabin was operational. This also has almost caused our car to be rear ended by its abrupt slowing down. There were no injuries. Nothing was in front of the car. The rate of speed was approximately 15mph and caused the vehicle to immediately stop. The aeb (automatic emergency breaking) system on our 2018 nissan rogue malfunctioned, stopping our car on the roadway for no apparent reason. Thats why its always important to consult your manufacturers manual to understand how yours works. I did not touch the brakes and there was no other vehicle in front or behind me. The most recent specific incident occurred on november 22, 2019 at 12:20pm in clear daylight while driving on paved road, city street, not turning. Auto was in for regular service. These lights included power steering, abs, brake, check engine, oil pressure, and a few other lights. Vehicle made full stop while driving locally about 20 miles per hour. All the indicator lights shut off as well. & BOSE PREMIUM SOUND PKG! Nissan Rogue Warning These autonomous braking systems, which share some functions with the Forward Collision Warning system, are supposed to prevent crashes by detecting obstacles and hitting the brakes when needed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. A Nissan Rogue can surprise you with a lot of mysterious problems and malfunctions that are hard to locate and understand. Which should of been done the first time. This warning may appear if there is a large difference Only 2 blocks later, it happened again. After it had been turned off for approx. this manual. Front Radar Obstructed Additionally, every time I drive the vehicle, there are several beeps and both a "warning (!)" Nothing in front of me or beside me. Click for detailed information :Check Engine Light: What Does It Mean and How to Reset ? Fill out the form or contact us by whichever means is most convenient for you. I have had this problem for a year and a half. The first time was with 300 miles on the odometer. Updated on April 19th, 2023Author: Brian Jones, Updated on April 19th, 2023 Author: Brian Jones. Bought this car be with 42 miles on it. The acceleration stalls have almost caused about three accidents so far in busy intersections in north jersey. BOTH TIMES, THE SYSTEM ENGAGED FOR APPROX 2-3 SECONDS AND THEN MY CAR RETURNED TO NORMAL DRIVING. The vehicle had yet to be repaired. The car continues to flash malfunction and front radar disabled. My car beeps all the time on the road for zero reason. The suspension looks just fine, didnt seem loose, yet at highway speeds feels very dangerous! Brought it in a second time earlier this week. It did this on it's own in clear weather while in motion. I received a chassis control system error. The automatic emergency braking stops suddenly with no objects obstructing the vehicle's path. and the final issue is the engine brake is not engaging when you slow down to between 25 to 40 mph the tech odometer should rise up to 2 to 4 rpm according to your speed while approaching a stoplight or stopping and in the 2018 it doesn't do that it rises up to about 1. The most recent incident happened while the car was in motion on a highway going 45-50 mph - the aeb system deployed and the car fully engaged the brakes in an attempt to stop. Furthermore, in researching this very website, I came across five (5) other complaints that were identical to mine, and which happened within the past month or two. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and informed the contact that the non-folding key she had received from the dealer was a temporary repair. Making fungus to grow. Fuses in the Maintenance and do-it-yourself This is my 2nd request for assistance for my nissan. The Nissan Rogue is one of Nissans best-selling SUVs, with over 200,000 Nissan Rogues sold across the U.S. in 2021, and Nissan Rogue domestic sales peaking at 412,100 in the past decade. The forward collision warning began beeping but not displaying any visuals or breaking vehicle. The front seat rocked so bad I had to hang on to the steering wheel when braking and turning. It is to the point that I will not use the cruise control any longer. I bought a 2018 Rogue Sept 2018 and I love it. The vehicle penetrated the wall and stopped inside the building. I am seeing a lot of complaints on this and nissan is not doing anything. My emergency brakes will automatically come on and seem to be having a digital issue. No cars in front or back of mine. Nissan dealership said it is "normal operational characteristic" of the car. This is a safety issue I am very concerned about due to the damage to the car. Less than a month later the driver side heat went back out and when I took it back to the dealership in avon, indiana I was told the manufacturers were not making the part currently, this was in november and december 2021 and I still have no heat. The way the rear door is now, the vehicle cannot be driven. We do not want to be in a situation when the car brakes unexpectedly and causes a fatal crash because of this. Even though the owners suspect faulty sensors to be the cause, the dealer dismissed that reason as they were unable to replicate or find error codes on it. I was driving on a city street during a clear day at approximately 9am. The vehicle had not yet been taken to a local dealer or independent mechanic to be diagnosed or repaired. 'parts of this document have been redacted to protect personally identifiable information pursuant to the freedom of information act (foia), 5 u. S. C. However the issue is still occurring. While accelerating on a county street, at almost 40 mph, my car decided to suddenly brake and almost immediately stop. When I drive car 65 mph and push brake pedal gently I feel pulse beating on steering wheel, body, seats. When driving down a public road in our city, there was no car in front of my vehicle or near me, and the emergency auto breaking system went off and my car immediately started dangerously breaking and the warning lights were going off. The vehicle began beeping, came to a complete stop, the brake pedal automatically pressed all the way down, and would not drive until I pressed the brake. The automatic emergency braking system activated for no reason when it stopped the vehicle in the middle of a left turn with nothing in front of it but cars behind it that needed to turn into oncoming traffic to avoid rear-ending my vehicle. Scared the crap out of me but it only lasted for a few seconds and has not happened again (yet). The air bag sensor was located underneath the seat on the passenger's side. Bought it new may 5, 2018. While driving in a parking garage. The vehicle had been purchased 2 days earlier and had about 40 miles on the odometer. ALREADY MY BRAND NEW ROGUE IS EXPERIENCING SEVERAL SERIOUS ISSUES. I have spoken with the region representative and nissan will not do anything about it and I am told I can take it to the dealership to have it looked at. nissan's response was simply yes. The vin was invalid. This indicator means that the engine will start by *dt *tr. Both times on busy roads & this time exiting a bridge into on coming traffic and multiple lanes. Not sure exactly when the gap started but noticed it around 08/01/2019. Serious bruising on both hips, left knee, right hand and foot, lower abdomen and chest. We have contacted our nissan dealer who said they have never heard of this. After the first occurrence we took it to the dealer, and they installed a software upgrade. This could have all been avoided. If it is too clogged, your vehicle may stop occasionally. TL* THE CONTACT OWNS A 2018 NISSAN ROGUE. Can I take it to a nissan dealer to repair the issue, or is this a lemon car???###. also sounds for approximately 10 seconds. The vehicle was taken to nissan of canton (42175 michigan ave, canton, mi), but the cause of the failure was not determined. I've already taken it into the dealer 2 times for this issue. First I lost heat only on the driver side and took it to get repaired. Engine start operation for Intelligent Key I've owned the vehicle for exactly 1 week and this has happened twice. This vehicle is equipped with a front radar system which will apply emergency breaking if objects are sensed to be in front of the vehicle while it's in motion. The contact felt that the failures worsened when the reboots were performed by the dealer. My car is too new to be doing that. This indicator shows the transmission shift position. Luckily, there wasn't a vehicle following me, or else there may have been a collision. The dealer has been unable to fix the problem which they now say disables the hands free system in most 2018 rogues. Tl* the contact owns a 2018 nissan rogue. Good luck w/your Rogue. The failure occurred multiple times. , front auto braking , light comes on when I have had no wrecks, just randomly slows down. You should escalate to corporate and get the regional customer rep. involved. The color changes from white for a benign message, to yellow, needs attention, to red, critical. The contact sustained problems with her back and neck due to the vehicle suddenly stopping. When you first shift into reverse, it goes on. This could have resulted in an accident had other cars been behind me. Another vehicle had to swerve into the other lane to avoid rear ending me. I stopped on red light, while I release brake pedal I hear sound like click.. Additionally, on several occasions, the vehicle failed to accelerate as designed. All of this started on saturday 11/09/2019. Depending on the national-market version, the Twice the dirver assist emergency break stopped the car when no other cars are ahead of it. To highlight issues with Nissan Rogue Forward Collision Warning and Automatic Emergency Braking, we have compiled some complaints submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. There was no reason for the car to brake and stop on its own. My wife did not even touch the brakes; all she had time to do was brace for the crash. I was driving on a city street, came up to an intersection to make a left hand turn and all of a sudden the car put on the brakes and jolted me and my passenger forward. The failure mileage was approximately 2,000. This indicator shows the cruise control system I purchased the 2018 rogue april 27, 2019. It is my firm belief that the mechanical failure of a component which rarely fails point to poor quality of craftsmanship and should be investigated as a potential recall issue as it poses a safety issue and the occurrence of such an issue at this stage of a vehicle's life is highly unlikely. So many problems with this brand new car. This has happened 5 times to me. I was sitting at a light with a car in front of me. When backing from parking spot power steering went out. However, it moved up and down and the back of the seat moved. It is alarming! Occurs only when vehicle speed is slowing down similar to downshift when deceleration to a stop. down separately. The burn on my clothes was hard around the edges like how polyester burns. My car came to a sudden stop and when I hit the gas it was still kept from moving by the brakes. The approximate failure mileage was 3,777. There were no vehicles around me and it was quite frankly very disturbing. Luckily no one was close to the back end of my car or they would have hit me. I put down k and traded in a vehicle to buy my first new car, only for it to become a death trap! She had glass fall inside the the car and on her. On another day a warning code appeared stating the front sensor weren't working due to obstruction. Someone could've been behind me and hit me. Good thing no one was behind us when it happened. If cruise control is set on, there is a delay of about 2-5 seconds when the car tries to automatically brake. Also, this 2018 rogue has various electrical problems, such as: it kept, & still does at times, change my settings from fm to cd, xmradio to am, etc. Dealership told me tire pressure was not even and that sensor was very sensitive. My automatic emergency braking system enables when there is no car ahead or near mine. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer however, the mechanic was unable to determine the cause of the failure. I am concerned that if I am out at night, well anytime there is a car issue it concerns me. The trunk when opened will open all of the way and then will close automatically almost immediately and without warning. They replaced it with nissan manufactured part and electric tape and I was told it was good to go. Thankfully because no other cars were around we avoided a potential accident. The warning 1/1, malfunction Mechanic's Assistant: Solid Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate on your 2021 Rogue? There will not be any cars in front of me, but the vehicle attempts to break. 1*dt see also 11353459. I brought a brand new 2018 nissan rogue in april of 2018. The contact indicated that the failure had occurred on multiple occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and provided case number: 35221164. The contact stated that this was the second time the failure occurred. This is a clear safety issue putting nissan owners at great risk of rear end collisions!!! Headlight on ndicator light; It indicates that the short headlamps and stop lights are on. While driving, the contact noticed that the forward collision emergency braking system indicator turned off without warning. I was driving at approximately 30 mph when my vehicle's automatic emergency braking system engaged. Postby VStar650CL Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:37 pm. I have had the vehicle in to the dealership for inspection of the driver seat which is cracking and snapping when making corners or turning. By continuing to use our site, you agree to our. The drivers seat (side airbag) deployed as well as the curtain airbag. Recently we encountered a serious problem, where the aeb system malfunctions suddenly and unexpectedly when there is no car or object in front of the car. Parking/parking on hills The manufacturer offered no further assistance while the contact awaited the results of the investigation. I was totally freaked out because the car was jerking, the car (not the driver was in control) and it almost did not stop at ta major intersection. Intelligent Forward Collision Warning system | Innovation - Nissan It hurts my health. *bf *tr consumer stated this event happened to me 3 times. The vehicle was taken to peters nissan of nashua (s280 amherst st, nashua, nh 03063, (603) 718-3851) where the contact was informed that the radio system was the main hub for the vehicle's electronic systems and back up camera. There was no other vehicle directly in front or behind me. Tl the contact owns a 2018 Nissan Rogue. The braking was not hard but more like abs engagement or crossing a "cattle guard". Nissan recently sent us a letter telling us to come in for an 'update'. The vehicle was not repaired. It's dangerous and it keeps glitching, going on and off randomly. It has happened multiple times since then. The vehicle had not been repaired. The vehicle was taken to tom wood nissan (4150 e. 96th st, indianapolis, in) who replaced the braking sensors and re-calibrated the braking system, but the failure continued. The electronics never seemed right with this vehicle and I am concerned about the safety of it now. Using "FUEL METER" of "Data Monitor", compare the value of "Data The system then proceeds to give the operator a series of warning lights on the dash display. The contact later received notification of nhtsa campaign number: 23v093000 (electrical system), which she related to the failure. That it was not a safety issue. I'm concerned that if it happened as I'm going at a high rate of speed on a highway, it could cause a car to rear-end me, or cause my car to swerve out of control and cause an accident. Now my front safety aids don't work at all. The car in front of me started moving so I accelerated slowly and my car started beeping and then the breaks locked up. Service stop start system warning light; Many new car models are equipped with engine stop/start, which helps save fuel by turning your engine off when youre at a red light. They then replaced the computer and installed new programming. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. If there was another vehicle behind me I would have most likely died. I had never experienced this before. The nut was tightened again. Bought it brand new. This puts others at risk since the backup camera is a crucial part of visibility. The car was in an accident. The backup camera periodically freezes when you put the vehicle in reverse. Driving on the highway and the automatic emergency braking system/forward collision light came on essentially braking the vehicle and engaging the engine brake.