Its a tactical bipod that is made to be mounted on any rail that is Picatinny compatible (which can be mounted on the sling swivel ). Savage Arms collaborated with Modular Driven Technologies (MDT), one of the better-known chassis manufacturers for competition rifles, to build a chassis exclusively for the Axis II. Thankfully, I bought the rifle from an awesome retailer who exchanged it for a new one. Savage Axis. The 22-inch barrel features a heavy contour and thread protector, which I removed to attach a Gunwerks 6IX suppressor that takes the already mild 6.5 Creedmoor and tames it down even more. Instead, there is a recoil lug em-bedded into the chassis that projects up 18 inch. Buyer beware A versatile two-point rifle sling. That means the headspacing is set a bit too short. Contributing Editor for RifleShooter Magazine, Brad Fitzpatrick gives us a review of this modernized version of an iconic favorite. Castle Valley Outdoors is all about shooting and hunting, and they are set up to make it easy and enjoyable. Axis Models. The pivoting feature of the bipod ensures that shooters will be in a position to compensate for uneven ground by 20 degrees or more. 5 Mk 1 Rifle: History of the 'Jungle Carbine'. I would prefer the comb to be a bit longer and project forward another inch or 2, but I can say the same of most chassis rifles I have used. 2023 Magpul Industries Corp. All Rights Reserved. Savage recommends torquing to 65 inch-pounds. After a few corrections due to bad wind calls the Axis was ringing the steel deer and antelope targets like an old landline telephone. This will assist you to determine the features that will give the most value for its effectiveness. Model A17, A22 Magnum. Every AXIS rifle is loaded with features that deliver tack-driving accuracy with every shot. This is a bipod with Traverse Track and it can effortlessly move across a horizontal axis to aid in the acquisition of targets and tracking. ANi8LFqsFTaJNApsite turnto.com FC-011356552648 Savage rifles are designed to have a bit of clearance between the front of the lugs, and the breech face. Each of these bipod reviews will give you additional details about the bipod which isnt readily apparent in the overview list, like special features. Buzz, Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. The MSRP is only $949, with a street price currently around $840, if you can find one. Leupold, The chassis has many of the features top competitors require for matches but are also great to have for recreational shooting and hunting. But theres also a well-known secret among long-range weekend warriors that Savage Arms manufactures some of the most affordable, highly accurate rifles on the market. Savage Arms 57093 Axis II XP 6.5 Creedmoor 4+1 22", Matte Black Barrel/Rec, Stock, Includes . Slings Color Black (1) Brown (1) Home Gear Slings Showing 1-2 of 2 SORT BY PAGE SIZE 2 POINT SLING w/MIL-SPEC SWIVELS, BLACK, w/SAVAGE LOGO Price: $29.99 Compare 2 POINT SLING w/MIL-SPEC SWIVELS, BROWN, w/SAVAGE LOGO Price: $29.99 Compare Showing 1-2 of 2 SORT BY PAGE SIZE Chassis rifles are all the rage among competitive precision shooters and have even seen some crossover application into the hunting world. A metal grip frame, slide ports and a red dot cut are just some of the new features. The lightness of the bipod is thought of by some as a disadvantage, especially for those who require the most robust design capable of enduring the rigors of tactical work. Before that time, a precision rifle in a chassis-type receiver was either a custom build or was on the high end of the price list of any gunmaker. Every AXIS rifle is loaded with features that deliver tack-driving accuracy with every shot. This rifle is believed to be an excellent choice for beginners, to begin with, and can be a great hunting rifle. I have an axis II as well that I've been upgrading currently waiting on the CarbonSix barrel and Maven RS.2 scope. $948.49 $ 873.99. The 6.5 Creedmoor is a phenomenal long-range pairing for the rifle, which easily breaks the 1,000-yard barrier. All firearms ship from our APPROVED FFL Dealers. The lower section of the bipod is the one that pivots separately from the stock mount on top, which allows the leveling to happen swiftly and easily. This is a solid, basic bicycle for Savage Axis for those who are looking for a cost-effective, easy-to-shoot platform. Theres a reason it has been copied time and again. There are many different kinds of pistols out there, and whats right for one person might not be right for you. Weighing in at just under 10 lbs., the Savage Axis precision rifle boasts an impressive 1:7 twist ratio, and loads from a reliable box magazine. Savage AXIS II Precision Bolt-Action Rifle (RifleShooter photo). Model 42. As a sponsored shooter, Jeff has represented notable industry names such as: Benelli, 5.11 Tactical, Bushnell, Blackhawk, DoubleStar, and Hornady. With this small wrench size, I cringe when I do that, but so far, no problems have popped up. long range, Maybe some types of ammunition dont chamber reliably. I tested the rifle with a Leupold 3.6-18x MARKHD mounted on the Axiss 20 MOA sloped base. He has been featured on several of Outdoor Channels Shooting Gallery episodes and on a Downrange TV series. The Axis II Precision Rifle is a great choice for a newbie looking to get into long-range shooting or even for a grizzled veteran just looking to add to his rifle collection. The bipod is equipped with the ability to mount two times and can be used with the Picatinny rail or the swivel-stud mount supplied. Savage Arms Axis II XP .308 Winchester Rifle. An oldie but goodie, Hornadys Zombie Max loaded with a 140-grain BTHP produced a best group of .81 inches, while both match loads from Norma and Hornady performed admirably, with best groups of .93 and .98 inches, respectively. The finish for the barrel, action and bolt handle is matte-black oxide. A more compact and versatile version of the industry-leading MS1 Sling, A lightweight and affordable shooting aid, For manytactical environments and missions, Enhanced withfactory-installed Magpul QDM. Overall length: 24.5-43.5". The bipod is equipped with panning capabilities that will enable it to offer an even platform over uneven surfaces. Add to Cart . Again, price is what you pay but value is what you actually get. The rifle ships with a sling for an MSRP of $297. After the legs are fixed in place, they will be able to stay in place. Traps and Clay Throwers. Its slimness and light weight helped keep the balance of the rifle around the receiver rather than being muzzle heavy. The forearm cradles the Axis IIs heavyweight 22 free-floated, button-rifled barrel. 3 Reasons Why Bowhunters Need to Stop Thinking Like Rifle Hunters, Georgia Bow Hunting Tips What You Need to Know, 7 of the Top Recommended Bipods to the Savage Axis, Top Rangefinders To Use For Bow & Rifle Hunting Review Guide, Inspect Your Targets With an Infrared Scope Attachment, Long Range Spotting Scope What You Need to Know. Made from premium-grade, vegetable-tanned leather, the Burdette Custom Holsters Detective SA-35 holster is a custom outside-the-waistband (OWB) model for the Springfield Armory SA-35 semi-automatic pistol. This led to a severely marred bolt face and chamber, just from inserting the bolt and function cycling the action. Slings & Sling Parts. Tipped Match Kings. It delivers features and performance well above its weight class and price. No reviews have been written for this product. If looking to acquire an automated powder-charge dispensing unit to speed up precision reloading, don't judge the RCBS ChargeMaster Lite powder scale and dispenser by its name; the Little Green machine packs a heavy-weight punch with speed and accuracy. Savage Arms. Thats something I really admire about Federal ammunition, they load a variety of manufacturers bullets in their ammunition to give shooters the best options possible, Bergers, Sierras, whatever it takes to get the best performance and meet shooters needs. The bottom of each leg, they are rubberized feet to aid in creating an even more stable shooting base. Radical Firearms RPR 7.62X39 16" Barrel FR16-7. Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 2.0 9mm NTS No Thumb Kimber 1911 Stainless LW Night Guard 45 ACP + F Desperado 8 inch barrel, 12 gauge double barre Diablo 12 Gauge Pistol Nickel with Rosewood Fin Used police trade in Smith & Wesson M&P 40 40 S Weatherby SA459 Tactical Pistol Grip Semi Auto Beretta CX4 Storm 92 9MM 20 Round Capacity JX49221M, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 2.0 9mm NTS No Thumb Safety 11808, Barrett MRAD 308 Side Folding Stock 24" Barrel 18490, Sccy CPX-2 9mm Black W/ Crimson Trace Red Dot CPX-2CBRD, (1) Used Sig Sauer P229 40 S&W W/ Night Sights 12 Round Capacity M11-A1 229. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. The Savage AXIS XP Stainless offers hunters and shooters a high performance rifle without breaking the bank. Now, consider that as the price of even an entry-level precision rifle has crept upward of $1,500 or more, the Savage Axis II Precision has an MSRP of $949. The bipod you select should be strong enough to withstand the recoil calibers that are heavy like the 30-06. It is a great choice for those who are moving to the field during hunter situations. The soft rubber recoil pad provided a non-slip anchor point for the rifle and did a good job of soaking up the recoil of the Federal 6.5 Creedmoor rounds. This system is simple, rugged, and reliable. Dropping to $329 for the basic Savage Axis is no small feat. I also tried the rifle with Magpul and AI aftermarket magazines, and it fed fine with both. Overall, this is an outstanding precision rifle for what may well be the lowest street price in the category. I also experienced a few failures to eject. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. To overcome this issue, you could consider making use of a sling swivel Rail adapter Picatinny. Savage Axis. One spot was a badly rolled edge, almost as if the barrel took a tumble onto the ground after leaving the lathe. The new AXIS II Precision features an exclusive MDT Chassis with adjustable comb height and length-of . In Stock. Savage Axis II Heavy Barrel 6mm ARC Bolt-Action Rifle with Veil Whitetail Camo Finish $449.99 $379.99; In Stock Brand: Savage; Item Number: 23263 Savage Axis II XP 22-250 Rem Bolt-Action Rifle with 4-12x40mm Scope and Threaded Barrel . After shooting the Axis II Precision for several days and a couple of hundred rounds, I have to say its impressive and shoots fantastic. 57339. In theory, this adds stiffness to the action and enhances accuracy. Very happy with rifle. This is the ideal bicycle for a Savage Axis set-up and it is essential to consider it in the selection process in particular if the price will be an issue. If your wondering it was 37.9 H4350, 147 Grain Hornady and GM210m primers set to 2.80. The chassis body is anodized aluminum with olive-drab, injection-molded skin, and the comb is adjustable with two setscrews. Bipods are a great method to verify zero if you dont have access to an adjustable bench. These legs comprise made of sturdy tubular, non-rust anodized steel and have a spring to enable quick deployment. It is worth noting that this bipod doesnt possess a pan or cant feature, so it is difficult to locate a smooth even surface to shoot. Replacement of the barrel is easy with any aftermarket small-shank Savage barrel, but why would you want to do that when the factory model is so accurate? The Axis II maintains the bones of the Model 110. All Rights Reserved. We often hear about the average self-defense scenario, but the truth is every encounter is unique. On this rifle, the trigger broke at 4 pounds, 5 ounces. 22553. The legs have a Posi-lock wheel and the ability to quickly retract them. Savage Arms 57478 Axis II XP Compact 6.5 Creedmoor 4+1 20", Matte Black Barrel/Rec, Muddy Girl Stock, Includes Bushnell 3-9x40mm Scope $507 84 In Stock Purchase Now Savage Arms 57735 110 Magpul Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor 5+1 18", Tungsten Gray Cerakote, Black Adjustable Magpul Hunter Stock $755 80 In Stock Purchase Now Savage has partnered with, 2021 SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED RIFLE OF THE YEAR, Exclusive MDT Chassis designed for Savage AXIS II platform, Black aluminum chassis with olive drab injection molded skin, Adjustable comb height and length of pull spacers, 22 Carbon steel button rifled threaded heavy barrel w/ cap, Rifles are provided with either a metal or polymer AICS magazine, dependent upon caliber selection. Gun Stocks. Shooting Rests [+] . Fill out the fields above and we will email you a price quote just for you that will be valid for 24 hours. I was able to get reliable hits on the targets, all the way out to the moose at 1470 yards. SupportStoreCareersLogin Firearms Performance Blog AXIS II Home / Firearms / Centerfire / AXIS II Specifications 22-250 REM 223 REM 243 WIN 25-06 REM If you have not come across this Savage Axis FAQ then I would look in here. Previous post: Put Some Gucci on that Glock: The Zaffiri Precision ZPS.1 Glock Slide, Your email address will not be published. With the arrival of each new test rifle, I watched the accuracy continue to decline. Of course, isnt essential to get one but there are compelling arguments for it to boost the shooting performance of your firearm. $39.95. Required fields are marked *. I believe this is from the extractor being a very tight fit in the bolt. One of the newest and most popular of Savages budget-friendly bolt guns is the Axis II Precision, which comes in at $999 and sports an aluminum chassis and 22-inch heavy contour barrel. For the record, that is excellent. hen Ruger introduced its Precision Rifle (RPR) in 2015, it created a whole new category and launched a renewed interest in long-range shooting. To show viewers how to succeed at long range, J. Guthrie gears up for a challenging shot while chasing Colorado pronghorn at long range with DPMS' Panther 6.5 Creedmoor. $39.95. The VX-6HD does a tremendous job dealing with midday mirage and low light thanks to crystal clear glass and premium coatings. Gun Slings & Sling Swivels. Gun Review, Best case, this means a tight chamber. A threaded cap is provided to protect the muzzle and threads when no accessory is installed. | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Should You Carry Your Gun With an Empty Chamber? Savage AXIS II Precision MSRP: $999 Envisioned as a starting-point for burgeoning hunters, the AXIS II now shoots for the same in the long-range game. 4.7 . The Savage AXIS II offers hunters and shooters a high performance rifle without breaking the bank. As a Savage fan, this experience has left me severely disappointed. Considering the level of accuracy and performance, this may well be the best buy in factory-produced precision rifles today. | NRA Family, 3 Self Defense Myths That Just Won't Go Away | NRA Family, Old Sheriff's Funniest Felon FAILs | NRA Family, Top 5 'I Carry' Videos of 2022 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, VIDEO: A1F Editor Features in I Carry for Shooting Illustrated | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Carry: SCCY CPX-2 In A Blade-Tech Klipt Holster | An Official Journal Of The NRA, First Look: Vortex Razor HD 4000 GB Ballistics Rangefinder | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Make Mine Metal: The Alloy-Frame KelTec P15 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, New for 2023: Henry Rifles Chambered in .360 Buckhammer | An Official Journal Of The NRA, First Shots: Colt CBX Precision Rifle | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Behind the Bullet: 7-30 Waters | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Little Guys To The Rescue: Federals Force X2 Shorty Shotshells | An Official Journal Of The NRA, CMP Milsurp Ammo In High Demand, .30 Carbine Online Sales Exhausted In One Week | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, New For 2023: Winchester 400 Legend | An Official Journal Of The NRA, American Hunter 2023 Golden Bullseye Award Winners | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Product Preview: OTTO Engineering NoizeBarrier Micro | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Spring Sales, Savings & Sweepstakes Ongoing | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Product Preview: Cold Steel Engage 3.5" | An Official Journal Of The NRA, New: Franchi Momentum All-Terrain Elite | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, New For 2023: Glock 28 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Gun Of The Week: Century Arms BFT47 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Review: Glock 47 MOS | An Official Journal Of The NRA, First Look: Burris Signature LRF 10x42 Rangefinding Binocular | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Review: SIG Sauer Tango6T And Alpha4 Mount | An Official Journal Of The NRA, 5 Mistakes New Shooters Make | An Official Journal Of The NRA, New: SIG Sauer ROMEO-M17 Red-Dot Optic | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. However, having a rifle that became damaged (and likely unable to reliably chamber factory ammunition) due to incorrect assembly, that COULD have been caught during the QC process is unacceptable in a $300 bolt gun, not to mention one marketed as a Precision rifle. One of the best things about the Axis II Precision is something I havent even mentioned yet the price. At just a hair under 10 pounds, its not the lightest rifle you could employ in the field, but the weight is worth it if youre serious about stretching the distance on your maximum effective range. Stevens Goldwing Over/Under Model 512 Shotgun. The angled rubber grip is also from MDT and has a palm swell on both sides to accommodate both right- and left-handed shooters. SAV AXIS II PRECISION MDT CHASSIS 243 The ejection port is much smaller than whats found on the companys flagship Model 110 action. The reason were looking at the larger 9-13 legs model is that it is believed to be more beneficial for hunters on the hunt to use a more elevated bipod for the shooting platform. Model 320 Manual. ARMSCORs RIA 5.0 ST semi-automatic 9 mm Luger pistol represents the companys first handgun to be designed and manufactured here in the United States. The company introduced its Model 10 BA Stealth in 2016. Sweet Scents of Gun Solvents and Oils: 12 Perfumes for Firearms, 6 Best .300 PRC (Precision Rifle Cartridge) Rifles, 11 Top Hunting Rifles Chambered in .350 Legend, How to Clean a Rifle Barrel the Effective and Harmless Way, Kimber Hunter Pro Desolve Blak - A Lightweight Heavy Hitter, Browning BLR Lightweight '81 Stainless Takedown Lever Rifle, Mossberg Patriot Predator 6.5 PRC Rifle Review, Review: Springfield Armory M1A Loaded Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, RCBS ChargeMaster Lite Review: Not 'Lite' on Ability, Remington Model Seven SS HS Bolt-Action Rifle Review. The Oryx chassis on a .308 stainless is about 9.5lbs without scope Appreciate it. Forend & Handguard Parts. HK Stock Accessories . Shooting Illustrateds protocol for formal accuracy testing is five, five-shot groups with at least three different types and weights of ammunition at 100 yards. The legs are powered by springs for rapid deployment, and the stability of the legs is improved thanks to the feet that are made of rubber. Armscor Rock Island 1911 9mm Pistol w/ Free Bag Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm 15 Round Capacity E2022-9-BSS. Beth Shimanski of Savage introduces their all new straight-pull rifle. Speaking of triggers, no Savage rifle would be complete without the AccuTrigger, which is used here and adjusts from 2.5 to 6 pounds. 6.5 Creedmoor, I know Savage would have made this right should I have opted to send this unit back to them. It can also pivot which allows for steady shooting even on terrain that is uneven. It should come as no small comfort for any patriotic American to know that the countrys firearm industry is vibrant and productive, still faithfully serving the needs of armed citizens, law-enforcement officers and military personneljust as it has for more than two centuries. This is a great advantage when youre working up loads and figuring out your dope at 100-yard intervals to 1,000. These rifles are selling like hot cakes, especially in the more popular calibers, and I understand why. The bolt body is uncoated steel with a black Savage logo. Remove from Compare Add to Compare. Proudly powered by WordPress I always wanted a bolt rifle He has followed that passion for over 30 years, hunting and competing in practical pistol, 3gun, precision rifle and sporting clays matches. An action-length Picatinny rail is canted 20 MOA to help a mounted scope achieve enhanced performance at longer ranges Savages adjustable AccuTrigger features a pivot pin held in place by a rubber O-ring embedded in the chassis A generously sized trigger guard allows access when wearing gloves, and the AccuTrigger itself is adjustable down to 3 pounds, 3 ounces Included spacers allow the Axis II Precisions length-of-pull to be customized to fit the individual shooter. It is crucial to mention that the Savage is not equipped with an integrated rail system to allow for accessories to be mounted. Savage Axis II Precision 30-06 Springfield OD Green 57553 22 10+1 OD Green MDT Aluminum Chassis M-LOK Forend Adjustable Comb and LOP AccuTrigger . The trigger guard is enlarged for easy access to the AccuTrigger, even if you happen to be wearing gloves. The bipod is one option for a lower cost which is suitable for use in conjunction with a hunter rifle at a low cost like that of the Savage Axis. Is it perfect? This is a high-quality bipod made of aluminum that is strong and durable without adding a significant amount of weight. Semi-automatic pistols for self-defense continue to be extremely popular, but there is a surprising amount of new double-stack 1911s and revolvers released this year. Length-of-pull (LOP) is adjustable by adding or removing the supplied spacers. savage. Cold Shower Face And Body Wipes | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Video Review: Browning Citori Hunter Grade II Over/Under Shotgun | NRA Family, Video Review: Savage 93 Minimalist Rifle | NRA Family, Video Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP in 10mm Auto | NRA Family, Make Mine Metal: The Alloy-Frame KelTec P15 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P9 M2.0 Competitor | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, NRA Women | New for 2022: 20-Gauge Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus, Preview: Springfield Armory 1911 DS Double-Stack 9 mm Pistol Lineup | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. Street price on the RPR, when it launched, was less than a grand and the rifle could hang with the big dogs. When Ruger introduced its Precision Rifle (RPR) in 2015, it created a whole new category and launched a renewed interest in long-range shooting.