The country music mogul has received an outpouring of love not only from fans, but also from his hometown of Moore, a place that Toby has always held close to his heart. Toby says his son right out five minutes after the tornado. Later in 2007, Toby released another seasonal album entitled A Classic Christmas, followed in May 2008 by another compilation project with 35 prior singles. The photo is set against an outdoor backdrop filled with flowers and a stunning mountain range. Toby Keith The Singles Toby Keith has consistently churned out great music since his 1993 debut with the release of his first single and No. In the next two hours, Toby's son got electrocuted, and ran a nail through his boot. He knew the schoolhouse was just behind him so he went in like a warrior. Country music star Toby Keith and his wife, Tricia, have three grown children. According to theAmerican Cancer Society, stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer, happens when cells in the stomach start to grow out of control.. , Posted by Toby Keith onSunday, June 24, 2018. "My Mrs.," Stelenwrites in the caption of one of his wedding posts, along with an image of the pair smiling and holding hands as they walked down the aisle of their outdoor ceremony. Earlier this month, Keith surprised fans at Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse in Lexington, Kentucky, with a performance of songs like "I Love This Bar" and Lynyrd Skynard's "Sweet Home Alabama.". On March 24, 2001, Keith's father was killed in a car accident on Interstate 35. Celebrate Show Dog Nashville's birthday by listening to Tobys Greatest Hits: The Show Dog Years record. Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, Erin grew up with a passion for fashion and beauty. Remember When Toby Keith Married Tricia Lucus? Krystal is the mother oftwo daughters. The country star is also grandpa to Krystal's older daughter, Hensley Jack, who was born in October 2015. She joined him on stage at the CMAs that year to perform the anthem. The two tied the knot on March 24, 1984, and Toby immediately adopted Tricias daughter, who was born a year before Tricia met the country legend. I cant wait.. I cant wait.. #4 New Mexico. Ingrid Vasquez is a Digital News Writer at PEOPLE. Star Perdita Weeks' Bikini Photos, See Your Favorite Celebrity Couples in Swimsuits: Best Beach Photos, Meet Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone's Daughters Vivian and Georgette, Pure Sunshine! Toby Keith $365 Million He has 4.6 million monthly listeners on Spotify right now, and as of 2022, Toby Keiths net worth is estimated to be $365 million, making him the fifth richest country singer globally. Watch Toby Keiths Entire BMI Icon Award Acceptance Speech, Toby Keith to Receive BMI Icon Award at 2022 BMI Country Awards, Toby Keith Thanks Fans for Their Support Following Cancer News: I Have the Best Fans in the World, Toby Keith Reveals Stomach Cancer Diagnosis: I Need Time to Breathe, Recover and Relax, Meet the Other Toby Keith, a Record-Setting Chihuahua, Donate to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Toby Keiths daughter Krystal Keith and her family were almost killed by a drunk driver on the 4th of July, she revealed Friday on Instagram. If you and your sister didnt have matching mullets with mall bangs we cant be friends, A post shared by Krystal Keith (@krystalkeith) on Dec 13, 2019 at 12:48pm PST. A representative for the Christian rapper confirms to PEOPLE that McKeehan died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl and amphetamines. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". According to his Instagram bio, he is an investor who works in venture management. "He was just one of those larger-than-life guys, full of confidence.". Keith also has many investments and business ventures. Last month, Keith was honored with a BMI Icon Award at the BMI Country Awardsin Nashville. Toby Keith's Son Speaks About Toby's Stomach Cancer Diagnosis In September 1994, Toby inked a deal with the Nashville division of Polydor Records and released Boomtown, his second album, which was also certified platinum and enjoyed another number-one single with Whos That Man. Keep scrolling to meet the singers three children. His smile, his laugh, the encouragement he offered with words or even without. -T Listen/download #BoulderEP: krystalkeith.co/BoulderEP-TK, A post shared by Toby Keith (@tobykeith) on Jul 13, 2018 at 7:33am PDT. According to his Instagram bio, he is an investor who works in venture management. All performed moderately well on the charts, but the absence of more albums after the last-mentioned left fans wondering what had made the country powerhouse put an hiatus on his lengthy and fruitful music career. He was first diagnosed in the fall of 2021. Tickets purchased from Ticketmaster for his #ohiostatefair show on July 28, which has been cancelled, will be automatically refunded. A representative for the Christian rapper confirms to PEOPLE that McKeehan died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl and amphetamines. So far, so good. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. "I'm thinking about getting back in fighting shape. Feelin the love, Keith wrote alongside pics from the ceremony that he later posted on Instagram. A year later, the Oklahoman released his second Greatest Hits compilation album, with three new songs, one of them being a touching duet with his daughter Krystal, that performed fairly well on the charts. CMT Awards 2023: See the Complete List of Winners! I need time to breathe, recover and relax. She has since expanded the blog to include wellness, travel, and lifestyle content, offering a holistic approach to living a stylish and fulfilling life. Photo by Chlo Taranto on Unsplash #3 Minnesota. On 8-7-1961 Toby Keith (nickname: Toby Keith Covel) was born in Clinton, OK, USA. Create a Courthouse Wedding Checklist. Net Worth: $330 million. Stelen and Zeke grew up behind the scenes and co-founded Nostalgic Nights, a concert booking company. Toby Keith is letting fans know that he has every intention to get back in "fighting shape" and possibly hit the road again to perform. Hes Keiths only son. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Shouldve Been a Cowboy was the lead single on Tobys self-titled debut studio album, and had received over three million radio spins by the end of the 90s. Toby Keith and Tricia Lucus: Inside Their Love Story In a video excerpt from the interview, Keith revealed that despite the difficulties of his diagnosis and treatment, he was feeling optimistic about the future. But I will see the fans sooner than later. This Is Us Season 4: Why Is Jack Damon Blind? Inside His Eye Condition She opted to perform with the stage name Keith just like her dad, instead of their last name, Covel. Toby Keith is letting fans know that he has every intention to get back in "fighting shape" and possibly hit the road again to perform. The vertiginous decline of Oklahomas oil industry in 1982 led to Tobys sudden unemployment. "So far, so good. Little did Toby know that a fan of his, who worked as a flight attendant, would give a Mercury Records executive named Harold Shedd a copy of the bands demo tape. Subscribe to our new podcast, PEOPLE Every Day, to get the essential celebrity, entertainment and human interest news stories Monday through Friday. Through his two eldest daughters, Toby and Tricia have four grandchildren. Coroner Releases Tommy Smith's Cause of Death After the Dad of YouTuber Everleigh Rose Died, RAYE on the Success of 'Escapism' and Hoping Listeners Find 'Solace' in Her Vulnerable New Album, TobyMac Says He 'Will Forever Be a Different Man' After 21-Year-Old Son Truett's Death, Jaclyn Hill's Ex-Husband's Cause of Death Revealed, Lil Keed's Cause of Death Confirmed by Coroner 7 Months After He Died Suddenly at Age 24, Coroner Confirms Tytyana Miller's Cause of Death 5 Months After Master P's Daughter Died, TikTok Star Cooper Noriega's Cause of Death Confirmed by Coroner 6 Months After He Was Found Dead, 'American Idol' Alum C.J. We hope that he makes a full and speedy recovery! 10 Minutes Ago / Its With Heavy Heart We Report About Sad - YouTube When the country singer was still in grade school, the family spent a few years in Fort Smith, Arkansas, before relocating to a suburb of Oklahoma City named Moore, which would soon become home for the family unit. She did step out for a rare appearance with her parents for a SwingDish launch event in Las Vegas in 2015. I cant wait. Want to get the biggest stories from PEOPLE every weekday? The musician is married to Tricia Covel, his starsign is Cancer and he is now 61 years of age. The artists career showed no signs of slowing down, as he enjoyed two number one hits that year She Never Cried in Front of Me and God Love Her. Research Marriage License Requirements. Its pretty clear that the star was feeling disillusioned as early as 2005, when he grumbled about putting out an album every year trying to keep [DreamWorks Records] afloat. "I was 19 and he was 20," Tricia told People. Entitled Christmas to Christmas, the project was made up of all-original songs, and had one chart entry with Santa Im Right Here, but didnt make much noise otherwise. "But I will see the fans sooner than later. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". On Sunday (June 12), Toby Keith revealed he was diagnosed with stomach cancer in the fall. 1 album. While still working in the oil industry, Toby and the band performed at local bars, with the singer occasionally having to leave halfway through a concert if he had to go to work. I Walk the Line by Johnny Cash. Toby went on to say that his son didnt do anything but work on rescue missions for three or four days. Invite Your Closest Family Members , Is Squarespace good for photographers? Haley posted a video from their first dance as husband and wife, writing, Married my best friend yesterday., In his initial statement letting fans know about his cancer battle, Keith said hed been diagnosed in the fall of 2021, and that hed spent the following six months receiving chemo, radiation and surgery. Though he assured fans that his course of treatment is going well so far, he did say that he needed to recuperate . The couple welcomed another daughter, Krystal, in 1985. Toby Keith Kids: Meet His 3 Children, Family Details Toby Keith's Health: His Cancer Battle Explained & Updates - Hollywood Life Try it free. The albums other singles, You Aint Much Fun and Upstairs Downtown, both reached the Top 10. Toby Keith's Only Son, Stelen Covel, Gets Married ", In a follow-up post, Keith honored his supporters, writing, "Thank you for all your love and support. Country star Toby Keith recently revealed that he had been diagnosed with stomach cancer six months ago and was undergoing treatment. The property also has an eight-car, two-story, 6,000-square-foot garage. You might remember that Tobys sisters house was hit and he actually just got out of town right before the tornadoes on a flight to Nashville with no idea of what was to come. PURCELL, Okla. Toby Keith, his mother and his siblings have been awarded $2.8 million in damages in the 2001 collision that killed the country music star's father. After three years of dating, the pair got hitched on March 24, 1984 and have since enjoyed 37 years of wedded bliss. Heres How It Can Help You Nab Your Next Job. The Real Reason Why Toby Keith Went Public With His Stomach Cancer His son, Stelen, took to social media to thank everyone for the kind messages theyve sent to him and his dad. He was a magnetic son and brother and friend. The talented artist first gained recognition singing Mockingbird on her dads Greatest Hits 2 album in 2004. The songwriter went on to adopt Tricias daughter and raised her as his own. He also has four grandchildren. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Stelen Covel whose Instagram bio identifies him as an entrepreneur and investor is 24 years old. 2 views 7 minutes ago Toby Keith Covel, known professionally as Toby Keith, is an American country music singer, songwriter, actor, and record producer. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. When Keith was young, his parents, H. K. and Joan Covel, moved to Moore. Country Music Stars Breaking Down in Tears [Watch], Alan Jackson, Shania Twain, Kenny Rogers Among Worlds Top Old-School Country Artists, Study Finds, Toby Keith Hopes to Get Back to Performing After Debilitating Cancer Battle, Watch Toby Keiths Entire BMI Icon Award Acceptance Speech, Carrie Underwood Sings Toby Keith at BMI Country Awards [Watch], Toby Keith Plays First Performance Since His Cancer Diagnosis. TobyMac previously paid tribute to his son in an emotional statement after his death. Toby Keith Sent Message to Fans amid Recovery as He Battles Cancer with RELATED: Shaquille ONeals Sister Ayesha Harrison-Jex Dies at Age 40, 21 years is a song I wrote about the recent passing of my firstborn son, Truett Foster McKeehan. Never miss a story sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. I think it speaks volumes that the way I kind of remember childhood is I dont really remember him being gone, she said on the Children of Song podcast in July 2018. Why does Meghan live with Tina on 1000-Lb Best Friends? What happened to Toby Keith's son? Symptoms of stomach cancer can include trouble swallowing, belly pain, feeling full after eating small amounts of food, losing weight, heartburn, indigestion, nausea, and more. Days later, Keith was celebrated with the BMI Icon Award at the 2022 BMI Awards, and was honored with tribute performances from artists like Carrie Underwood and Eric Church. Country singer Toby Keith reveals stomach cancer diagnosis, Sting or Willie Nelson? I need time to breathe, recover and relax, shared on Instagram last summer. TobyMac's Son Cause of Death Revealed to Be Accidental Overdose In the last few years, plenty of music bloggers have suffered deep dives with Toby, following his trajectory in the music industry, and trying to pinpoint exactly where things went wrong. He has teamed up with longtime friend Zeke Benoit, grandson of Howard Pollack, whos known for large venue music concerts. However, Toby's true passion was still music, and at the age of 20 he formed the Easy Money Band with his friends Keith Cory, Danny Smith, Scott Webb and David Vowell.