The Hollywood actress was just 34 years old when she passed away in 1967 from injuries she sustained in a late-night car accident. Three of. Fox News Flash top headlines are here. The didnt hesitate, and their son Andrew joined the family that same year. "People didn't know that she played the violin and had a 160 IQ and had five kids and loved dogs," she says. "It was huge to lose this person who was my everything, my strength, my power, the person who believed in me," says the Emmy-winning actress, who managed to slip Mickey into one episode of "SVU" before his passing. Driver Ronald B. Harrison and companion Samuel S. Brody also perished. Due to her role in Law & Order, Mariska Hargitay is the most well-known of Jayne Mansfields five children. In response, Hargitay launched Joyful Heart, a nonprofit that aims to "heal, educate and empower survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse.". In my life, certainly Ive tried to avoid pain, loss, feeling things. The "Law & Order: SVU" star, 58, posted a black-and-white . I think I learned about crisis very young, and I learned very young that s t happens and theres no guarantees, and we keep going, Hargitay toldGlamour magazinein an interview published earlier this week. Mariska Hargitay as Lieutenant Olivia Benson in Season 20 of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" | Photo: GettyImages. Mansfields four children are Tony, Zoltan, Miklos Jr, Jayne Marie, and Mariska. (Getty Images), According to the outlet, the star began receiving thousands of letters about sexual trauma from "Law & Order" fans when the series began airing in 1999. [3] Out of Jayne's five [4] children, only Jayne Marie attended her mother's funeral on July 3, 1967, because the other children were all under the age of 10. Still, losing her mom at such a young age was shocking. ", "Jaynes greatest regret would be not growing old with her children," he said. ", "Im not saying its easy, and its certainly hasnt been for me," Hargitay admitted. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Mariska Hargitay honors late mom Jayne Mansfield on her 90th birthday, Law & Order history: First-ever triple franchise crossover, Mariska Hargitay confronts singer who keeps interrupting Law & Order filming, New album proves ABBA is better than Lady Gaga, Madonna, Woman has 'loud, full body orgasm' in the middle of LA concert, Bride killed, groom seriously hurt by drunk driver just minutes after leaving reception, All the red carpet highlights and star-studded fashionfrom the Karl Lagerfeld-themed Met Gala, Accused drunk driver 'strongly refused' sobriety test after crash that killed bride, The best-dressed celebs at the 2023 Met Gala: Rihanna, Gisele Bndchen, more, Kim Kardashians Met Gala 2023 look sparks comparisons to Playboy cover, Kim Kardashian, Pete Davidson reunite at Met Gala 9 months after breakup, Katy Perry will be temporarily replaced on 'American Idol' amid drama. "People ask you that question, What would you say to your younger self?" she reflected. Advertisement Mansfield, Harrison and Brody were all killed in the accident. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. The couple welcomed daughter Amaya in April 2011, and only six months later, their lawyer asked if the couple was interested in giving a forever home to another baby boy. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, The way Ive lived with loss is to lean into it, she said at the time. This 1967 Las Vegas exploitation film was censored for featuring stripteases and nude scenes, and starred Jayne Mansfield and Juliet Prowse. He was raised along with his four siblings, Mariska Hargitay, Miklos Hargitay Jr., Jayne Marie Mansfield, Tony. The Actress Became a Millionaire Thanks To The Show, Inside Kelli Giddish's Personal Life The Mom-Of-2 Keeps It behind Closed Doors, Tamara Tunie Once Revealed the Key to Her Blissful 2nd Marriage 3 Years Later It Fell Apart, Before Disembarking Plane, Pilot Notices Last Passenger inside Who Is a Carbon Copy of Him Story of the Day, Chris Meloni Let Wife Slide When 3 Women Dropped into His Lap - Now He Is Her Biggest Fan, Ellen DeGeneres' Wife of 13 Years 'Didn't Want to Be a Lesbian' until She Was Charmed by the TV Host, Stepson Mocked by Adoptive Parents & Their Children Finds Letters They Hid from Him Story of the Day, Man Waits for Son He Has Not Seen in Years at the Airport, Does Not Find Boy among Passengers Story of the Day, Ellen Pompeo & Her Husband Went from Friends to Dating after She Looked Different to Him One Night, Mom Who Left Her Child on Stranger's Doorstep Finds a Baby on Her Own Doorstep 20 Years Later Story of the Day. These included a banker and his family, singer Cass Elliot, an unknown woman, Ringo Starr, and singer Englebert Humperdinck (via Saint Louis Style). ", Celeb obsessed? Mansfield was not only a famous Hollywood actress and a Playboy playmate, but also a mother to five children. But Ive learned instead to really lean into it because sooner or later you have to pay the piper. The outlet noted that Hargitay teared up while talking about Mansfield. Mariska Magdolna Hargitay (/ m r k h r t e /; born January 23, 1964) is an American actress, director, producer and philanthropist. Two weeks before her mother's death on June 29, 1967, Jayne Marie, then 16, claimed that she had been beaten by her mother's then-boyfriend, Sam Brody. Actress Mariska Hargitay, who turns 57 this weekend, cheated death in a car accident when she was just three years old. ", "Im not saying its easy, and its certainly hasnt been for me," Hargitay admitted. Jayne Marie Mansfield was born on 1950-11-08. Actress Jayne Mansfield and her children (left to right): Jayne Marie Mansfield, 15, Zoltan Hargitay, 5, Mickey Hargitay Jr., 6, unidentified hospital attendant, Jayne holding baby Anthony, and then-husband Matt Cimber with Mariska Hargitay, 1. And then we transform it, the Joyful Heart Foundation founder continued. (Photo by Hulton Archive/Getty Images). "She's with me still.". Mariska Hargitay in 2017 in Southampton, New York. Born Vera Jayne Palmer in 1933, the future icon eloped with 20-year-old Paul Mansfield in 1950, just before graduating from high school. After they divorced, her mother married Mickey Hargitay and had three more children including. The crash also led to a change in US law forcing all trucks of a similar design to be fitted with a steel bar to stop cars from sliding underneath them in the event of a crash. Mansfield was not only a famous Hollywood actress and a Playboy playmate, but also a mother to five children. One passenger sustained deadly injuries and passed away two days after the flight, while many others had to be hospitalized. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Sitting down exclusively with PEOPLE in this weeks issue (on stands Friday), Hargitay opens up about the loss and how it shaped who she is today. The "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star, 57, was only three years old. "Theres been a lot of darkness. All rights reserved. Anthony is the first child by Cimber. Today, Hargitay said she has some much-needed advice she would give to her younger self. She has acted in the film Olly, Olly, Oxen Free (1978) and TV production Blond in Hollywood (2003). Jayne Mansfield was 34 years old when she died in 1967 from injuries she sustained in a late-night car accident. We collect and tell stories of people from all around the world. I think a mother is somebody who will kill to protect you, somebody who will love you and make sure that youre always OK, Mariska said. Driver Ronald B. Harrison and companion Samuel S. Brody also. Additionally, Mansfield is the only model who was featured in 100 Beautiful Women along with her mother in the magazine's 1988 special issue. Who Is Gregory Mecher, Jen Psaki's Husband of 13 Years? Attractive Jayne Mansfield, who measures 10-22-35 1/2, is. Hargitay is a proud mom of three. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. Ellen embraced all the kids as if they were her own, as Mariska recalled in a Good Housekeeping interview: I called her mom. In the 50s and early 60s, Jayne Mansfield was one of the original bombshells. (Getty). 57, so 54 years sort of trying to figure out what happened and why, and what am I supposed to do with it?, I clearly was in that frozen place for a lot of my childhood of trying to survive, actually trying to survive, she added. Jayne Mansfield was 34 years old when she died in 1967 from injuries she sustained in a late-night car accident. So, we were blessed that she really embraced us and loved us so quickly. Three of her children, including "Law & Order" star Mariska Hargitay, were in the backseat at the time of the accident, but survived (via Fox News). ", Hargitay admitted the trauma left her in a "frozen place. Lees ons privacybeleid en cookiebeleid voor meer informatie over hoe we uw persoonsgegevens gebruiken. In 1968, wrongful death lawsuits were filed on behalf of Jayne Marie and Matt Cimber, Jayne's husband from September 24, 1964, to July 11, 1965, and producer-director of her last film Single Room Furnished, the former for $4.8 million and the latter for $2.7 million. . Mansfield has three children from her second marriage; Mariska, Miklos Jr, and Zoltan. Anthony is the first child by Cimber. "Thats been kind of my superpower, and the gift of having trauma early in life. She was just so ahead of her time. "She was an inspiration, she had this appetite for life. Mariska Hargitay Has 5 Siblings Jayne Mansfield & Mickey Harigtay's Kids Including Their Namesakes By Monica Otayza Mar 11, 2022 09:40 A.M. Mariska Hargitay was born to Hollywood royalty and has five siblings who also briefly followed in their famous parent's footsteps in the entertainment industry. Something went wrong, please try again later. Her birthplace is Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. Als u niet wilt dat wij en onze partners cookies en persoonsgegevens voor deze aanvullende doeleinden gebruiken, klik dan op 'Alles weigeren'. JAYNE MANSFIELDS CHILDREN SAY 50S BLONDE BOMBSHELL CARED SO MUCH ABOUT BEING A GOOD MOTHER, Jayne Mansfield was a sought-after Hollywood blonde bombshell alongside Marilyn Monroe and Mamie Van Doren. 79 Jayne Marie Mansfield Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images CREATIVE EDITORIAL VIDEO All Sports Entertainment News Archival Browse 79 jayne marie mansfield photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more photos and images. Its been two decades since Mariska Hargitay joined the cast of Law & Order: SVU as the fierce Detective Olivia Benson. MARISKA'S BACKGROUND Mariska's talent for acting runs in her blood. Check out what's clicking today in entertainment. Hargitay lost his mother in the car accident. So, after marrying actor Peter Hermann in 2004, and welcoming their son August in 2006, Mariska decided that adoption would be the best way to enlarge her family. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. Jayne Marie was the first child of Jayne Mansfield and her first husband, Paul Mansfield. AmoMama creates engaging, meaningful content for women. Adoption was a bumpy ride very bumpy. Jayne Mansfield who real birth name is actually Vera Jayne Palmer waa born in April 19, 1933. The way Ive been able to make sense of the cards I was dealt was to follow those signs.. Ive spent the last 50 how old am I? "I do feel that he's with me. "I'm not saying it's easy, and it certainly hasn't been for me. "She was just so ahead of her time. ", JAYNE MANSFIELD'S FATAL CAR CRASH CHANGED ELAINE STEVENS' LIFE FOREVER, The vision of Marisha Hargitay's Joyful Heart foundation "is a world free of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse." "But I feel like it ultimately made me into the person I am today. As the saying goes, the only way out is through. Ive spent the last 50 how old am I? Who Was Jayne Mansfield? Mickey Hargitay married Ellen Siano, a former flight attendant, in 1967. Get the best of Fox News' entertainment coverage, right in your inbox. Left to right are Jayne Marie Mansfield, 15, Zoltan Hargitay, 5, Mickey Hargitay Jr., 6, unidentified hospital attendant, Jayne holding baby Anthony, and husband Matt Cimber with Mariska Hargitay, 1. Those are tough emotions for kids to deal with, Mariska recalled of seeing Ellen in the hospital. She lived for 34 years, dying in June 29, 1967. Her stint as Hollywood's IT-girl came to an abrupt end in 1967 when she passed away in a car crash. Zoltan, on the other hand, keeps to himself completely and very little is known about him. There's been a lot of darkness. The accompanying text makes a comparison to her mother and the differences between the two,[13] though Jayne Marie said in an interview that she is "not capitalizing on her bosom as (my) mother did" for the pictorial. "I look at my life now and think, Im on a TV show, I run a foundation, I run a household, Im a mom, Im a wife, Im a lot of things. (Photo by Leon Bennett/WireImage/Getty Images). Jayne Marie Mansfield is 71 years old in 2022. "Shes still with me," the actress told the outlet. Trust me. Actress Jayne Mansfield poses for a photo with husband Mickey Hargitay, daughter Jayne Marie Mansfield and son Miklos Hargitay in 1959 in Los. Born Vera Jayne Palmer in 1933 in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, to parents Herbert William and Vera Jeffrey Palmer, Jayne Mansfield always knew she wanted to be famous. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. She has since revealed she has no memory of the crash itself, but was left with a visible reminder in the form of a scar on her forehead. The show explores how a specially trained squad of detectives investigate sexually related crimes. After Mansfield died, Hargitay, her two brothers and three half-siblings were raised byRead More Mansfield acted on stage and in film and . But when Hargitay was just 3, she lost one of the most important people in her life: her mother, actress Jayne Mansfield. He is known for being very close to his siblings but chooses to stay out of Hollywood and far away from media attention. The Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. You May be Interested; Marouane Fellaini. As the saying goes, the only way out is through. We believe that every person's story is important as it provides our community with an opportunity to feel a sense of belonging, share their hopes and dreams. All rights reserved. [7][8], Mansfield is the first Playboy nude model whose mother was featured nude as well. Market data provided by Factset. I had to go through what I did to be here. Jayne Mansfield was an American actress and singer who had a net worth equal to $2 million at the time of her death in 1967 after adjusting for inflation. Mariska Hargitay is honoring her late mother, Hollywood bombshell Jayne Mansfield, on the 55th anniversary of Mansfield's tragic death. But Ive learned instead to really lean into it, because sooner or later you have to pay the piper., Im not saying its easy, and it certainly hasnt been for me, she adds. The Actress Became a Millionaire Thanks To The Show, Patty Dukes 3 Sons Were Berated, Ostracized & Made to Do Humiliating Punishment by her, Inside Kelli Giddish's Personal Life The Mom-Of-2 Keeps It behind Closed Doors. My mother was this amazing, beautiful, glamorous sex symbol but people didnt know that she played the violin and had a 160 IQ and had five kids and loved dogs, she says, tearing up a little. The daughter of bodybuilder and actor Mickey Hargitay and actress Jayne Mansfield, her accolades include a Golden Globe Award, two People's Choice Awards and a Primetime Emmy Award.. Hargitay made her debut with an appearance in the . ", 30S STAR MARSHA HUNT RECALLS SUPPORTING AMERICAN TROOPS, COMBATING HOLLYWOOD BLACKLISTING: IT WAS NEEDED, Actress Jayne Mansfield and family are pictured here as the blonde actress leaves Cedars of Lebanon Hospital with the newest addition to the family, baby Anthony. Mariska Hargitay suffered trauma at an early age when her mother, Hollywood starlet Jayne Mansfield, died in 1967. We all know Mariska Hargitay as the tough-but-compassionate heart at the center of NBC's "Law & Order: SVU.". Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories! "She loved being the center of attention," the blonde bombshells youngest son, Tony Cimber, recently recalled to Closer Weekly. AmoMama creates engaging, meaningful content for women. Mariska Hargitay has said that the siblings are generally speaking a close-knit group and helped her to overcome depression. He became their legal guardian upon her death, and since her will either did not exist or did not include what they stood to inherit, he sued Mansfield's estate. [2] Her statement to the Los Angeles Police Department the following morning implicated her mother in encouraging the abuse, and days later, a juvenile-court judge awarded temporary custody of Jayne Marie to a great-uncle, W.W. [My life] has been a journey in healing, she admitted. She was an American actress, singer, nightclub entertainer, and Playboy Playmate. Im not saying its easy, and it certainly hasnt been for me, Hargitay confessed. Today, the actress is a proud parent herself: She and husband Peter Hermann, 50, currently starring on TVLands Younger, share sons August, 11, Andrew, 6, and daughter Amaya, 7. Mariska Hargitay's mom is legendary actress Jayne Mansfield. By 1958, they were married. Mariska Hargitay is Jayne Mansfields most famous child, but there are four more who are relatively unknown, until now. They were together for two years before divorcing in 1966. After her mother's death, Hargitay was raised in Los Angeles by her dad, former Mr. Universe bodybuilder Mickey Hargitay, and her stepmother, Ellen, along with two brothers and three half. In 1973, Mariska and her siblings were faced with the scary possibility of losing a mom for the second time when Ellen was involved in a plane accident, as the actress explained on her E! Jayne Mansfield at the Makeup Artist Ball in Los Angeles in 1956. Mariska Hargitay suffered trauma at an early age when her mother, Hollywood starlet Jayne Mansfield, died in 1967. Jayne Mansfield and her husband Mickey Hargitay, March 1, 1959 | Photo: GettyImages Advertisement Jayne Mansfield was a sought-after Hollywood blonde bombshell alongside Marilyn Monroe and Mamie Van Doren. Three of them were in the car with her when she died. "I think I learned about crisis very young, and I learned very young that st happens and theres no guarantees, and we keep going," the "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star told Glamour magazine as part of its Women of the Year issue. It was in 1967 when Jayne, 34, and her boyfriend Sam Brody were travelling to New Orleans, with her three children Mikls, Zoltn, and Mariska. While Mansfield did not fall victim to substance abuse like Monroe, five years later, she nevertheless died young in a car accident at age 34 alongside her lawyer, Sam Brody, and their driver (via Saint Louis Style). Three of the Hollywood star's five children, including Hargitay, were riding in the back seat. But on the other side, things can be so bright.". "And I think for me, I would have grabbed that little girls hand and said, Everything is going to be OK. Trust me. "She was just so ahead of her time. You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter! They raised three children together and even co-starred in a few films, including "Promises! This story has been shared 218,689 times. From left: Jayne Marie Mansfield, 15, Zoltan Hargitay, 5, Mickey Hargitay Jr., 6, a hospital attendant, Mansfield with Anthony, and her then-husband Matt Cimber with Mariska Hargitay, 1. It was huge to lose this person who was my everything, my strength, my power, the person who believed in me, she says. Search instead in Creative? She lets her presence be known. Inside Candice Patton's Relationships Super Private 'The Flash' Star Was Once Named in a Cheating Scandal. Mansfield was one of Hollywood's classic blonde bombshells, and was only 34 when she died in a car crash in 1967. Its been amazing.. Jayne Mansfield leaving Cedars of Lebanon Hospital with new baby Anthony and the rest of her family in 1965. Zoltan Hargitay is best known for his work in 1994 movies, T-Force and Reflections on a Crime. Her half-siblings Include Antonio Raphael Ottaviano Cimber, Tina Hargitay, and Jayne Marie Mansfield, who was named after their mom. Thats been kind of my superpower, and the gift of having trauma early in life. Mariska Hargitay was just three years old when she cheated death in a horror car crash which killed her movie star mother Jayne Mansfield and two others. We've received your submission. "Thats what the foundation has been about giving back possibility," the mother of three shared. The two had three children . Back in 2018, Hargitay opened up to People magazine about how she coped with the loss of her mother. In 1936, a big part of Jayne's world came crashing down when her beloved father died suddenly of a heart attack. Market data provided by Factset. Shes with me still.. Actress Jayne Mansfield and family are pictured here as the blonde actress leaves Cedars of Lebanon Hospital with the newest addition to the family, baby Anthony. She really claimed us. or redistributed. Back in 2018, Hargitay opened up to People magazine about how she coped with the loss of her mother. The Law & Order: Special Victims Unit star, 57, was only three years old when her mom perished from injuries she sustained in a car crash. Mariska Hargitay was just 3 years old when Jayne Mansfield, her legendary screen siren mom, was killed in a car accident. "But I can also tell you that she never really left. Mansfield, on the other hand, claimed that while Monroe was a great inspiration to her, she never saw a specific resemblance between them (via Cheat Sheet ). Jayne Mansfield was a model and actress, who in the eyes of many rivaled the likes of Marilyn Monroe, something the latter reportedly resented. Mariska was spared along with her brother Zoltan, who was six, and Miklos Jr., who was eight. Theres been a lot of darkness. Mikls Jeffrey, who went by Mickey Jr., and Zoltan Anthony are the actress's full siblings. Hollywood actress Jayne Mansfield proudly holds her eight-months-old son Miklos Hargitay as she chats to railwaymen on a platform at Euston station.. Who Is Gregory Mecher, Jen Psaki's Husband of 13 Years? This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. They were being driven by a chauffeur in a 1966 Buick Electra with the kids all asleep in the back seat when the car when tragedy truck at around 2am. All rights reserved. Her stint as Hollywoods IT-girl came to an abrupt end in 1967 when she passed away in a car crash. Mariska doesnt have memories of the accident except for a scar in her head. All three adults including driver Ronald B. Harrison were killed instantly as well as Jayne's pet dog, but the sleeping children all survived with just minor injuries. I understand the journey of life. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com. "My life has been a process of unpeeling the layers and trust and trusting again. [5], In 1970, she married Barry Lang in Las Vegas, Nevada; the couple had one son but were later divorced. 'Her head was attached as much as mine is," declared Jim Roberts, a mortician at the New Orleans funeral home, to The New York Times. The way Ive lived with loss is to lean into it, says the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit star. The Hollywood actress was just 34 years old when she passed away in 1967 from injuries she sustained in a late-night car accident. All rights reserved. The mother of three previously spoke about her loss in a 2018 profile for People magazine. But, God, was it worth the fight., Mariska Hargitay Successfully Adopted Multiracial Kids One of Whom 'Fell from the Sky' after Painful Process, Mariska Hargitay Relied on Faith When She Decided to Have More Kids at 47 Believing That God Has His Timing, Mariska Hargitay Has Perfect Family with Law & Order Co-star & Kids Who Are Her Teachers', Inside Mariska Hargitay's $8.7 Million NYC Home Where She Lives with Husband & Kids: 'It's Happy Chaos', How Much Does Mariska Hargitay Make per SVU Episode? ", CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER, Actress Jayne Mansfield and her children (left to right): Jayne Marie Mansfield, 15, Zoltan Hargitay, 5, Mickey Hargitay Jr., 6, unidentified hospital attendant, Jayne holding baby Anthony, and then-husband Matt Cimber with Mariska Hargitay, 1. "The way Ive lived with loss is to lean into it," she said at the time. Jayne Marie Mansfield (born November 8, 1950) is an American actress and model. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. [14][15] In describing her, art historian Anthony W. Lee together with photographer Diane Arbus wrote, "Jayne Marie Mansfield has her mother's rounded features and mysterious eyes."[16]. Plumber-turned-bodybuilder and actor Mickey Hargitay was, by 1967, the ex-husband of Jayne Mansfield and the father to three of her children. CELEBRITY Actress S he is often remembered for her signature platinum blonde look and flirtatious personality, but Hollywood star Jayne Mansfield was much more than just a pretty face. And I was very fortunate to have a maternal figure in my life after such a horrific accident., Mickey Hargitay, Marishka Hargitay and Ellen Siano at the 2005 Golden Globe Awards Party, January 16, 2005 | Photo: GettyImages. (Photo by Leon Bennett/WireImage/Getty Images), "My mother was this amazing, beautiful, glamorous sex symbol but people didnt know that she played the violin and had a 160 IQ and had five kids and loved dogs," she shared. Now I do feel that hes with me. In March 1979, she declared her plan to write a biography of her mother. After Mansfield's death made headlines, an urban legend began circulating that she was decapitated in the tragedy. Jayne met Mickey at the Mae West Revue in 1956, where he was performing. Our family is so perfect, or at least perfect for me, she says. So Mae changes her name to Eileen and becomes a prostitute. Jayne Mansfield. Promises!" before splitting up in 1964. Actress/executive producer Marisha Hargitay has gone on to carve her own path as an actress in Hollywood. Like in her first marriage, Jayne Mansfield only had one child in her last marriage, a boy called Tony. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. Although Mariska was only three years old at the time, she has scars on her body from the incident that remind her every day of what happened. I already carried his fire, the lessons that he taught me, his compassion, his love, his kindness. And these days, when she wants to see her mother, Hargitay knows exactly how to do it. "And then we transform it," she continued. They eventually had a daughter named Jayne Marie together, but they divorced in 1955. . Mansfield is also the elder half-sister of actress Mariska Hargitay.